Flushing

Princess Loulou

420 Member
My babies are looking stunning but not really sure if it’s time to start 2 weeks of flushing! What do you all think?

Attachments

• 5CA31D25-5842-4AA3-941E-2612757369F6.jpeg
    5CA31D25-5842-4AA3-941E-2612757369F6.jpeg
    866.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 4CEEBA5F-BABE-4CF2-A3D5-93CFBA8BC2DA.jpeg
    4CEEBA5F-BABE-4CF2-A3D5-93CFBA8BC2DA.jpeg
    891.1 KB · Views: 43
These will help guide you in your decision:

In short, don't bother. There are times to flush, but it's to get buildup out of the medium and reset it. Even then, that's only a couple times during the entire grow.

Please do not confuse flushing, which is moving 3x the volume of the container of water through the soil so as to clean it of leftover nutes and salts, and simply starving your plant to death at the end.

Flushing as MV said, is used to reset... but starving the plants at the end is an old 1970's method to stress the plants into a better finish, and it has been debunked. Feed your plants right up to the end. If you want to stress them, reduce the lights a bit, put a nail in the trunk, yell at them.... but feed them right up to the end so the buds can develop fully.

And your quick reply of course is that we do this to provide clean smoke at the end, forcing the plant to use up all the nutrients it has stored. Sorry, this has been debunked too. It is not possible to flush the nutrients out of a plant, they are stored as sugars anyway, already converted away from the raw nutrients themselves. It is a proper cure after harvest that takes the offensive tastes away from your pot.... starvation at the end does not do it. This practice has been totally debunked and only hangs on these days because of online forums that still promote the old ideas.

You flush yer toilet

Not yer plants before harvest....unless yer punishing them

Feed till harvest like stated above

Thanks everyone, decided not to flush (obviously) but have another question! - Do I trim my buds wet or dry? If it’s dry, obviously I hang on the line. If wet, snip the buds off and put on drying rack!

Drying trimming and CURING are just as important as the growing process.

The trimming part for me is the pain in the neck and by neck I mean my neck and shoulders.

I've found that most growers will find there own method that works for them.

Some trim wet and dry nugs on a rack, some like me hang the whole plant upside down put a small fan on it and let it dry 4-6 days depending on your rH.

I've found it easier to trim dry and less messy (sticky).

I use jars/C-vaults and 62% boveda packs (the large ones) for curing.

It's important to NOT over dry your buds.

If they are wet into a jar you can always lay them out inside a cardboard box over night they will dry up enough to jar and then you burp the jars until the rH inside the jar is 62% rH. Lower rH the flowers will be too dry for long term storage. 62% you can keep flower indefinitely and it will still be good a year from now.

Lots of ways to skin this cat but the important part is dont over dry and don't jar up wet either.

You cant fix grassy tasting weed and you cant remove bytritus (bud rot) if jarred up wet.

Keep in the back of your mind - the drying curing process is as important if not more so than the growing phase.

That horse looks pretty done haha I wont pile on too much.

As mentioned it really is the drying/curing that determines your final quality. You've spent months cultivating your plant, don't trip at the finish line because you took your eyes off the prize.

I'm like Bob in that I hang the whole plant to dry and do a dry trim but I let mine hang to dry for 10-14 days and then into the jars. The dry time is a big variable depending on how your doing it but it needs to take AT LEAST three days, don't try to do it in a hurry. The plants need some time before you seal them up for storage or you'll have jars of hay.

Thanks everyone but really disheartened now! They look so beautiful!
I’ve been putting them outside in the sun from 11am to 6pm and into their tent with lights from 6pm to 11pm. Then sleeping until 11am!
What have I done wrong?
What do you think about auto flowers

Pics of what you think are seeds? Make sure they not just swollen calyx's as a common mistake for new growers thinking they are seeds. Problem with putting them outside as the pollen could have come from somewhere else, along with moving in and out of your indoor space a chance of bringing bugs into your indoor space another potential issue.

Back
Top Bottom