Australian Help

Dreambr0ther

420 Member
It’s getting into Autumn here in Victoria, it started 1st of March, it’s now April 13, had first frosty night, and plants are wet this morning, but nights are getting colder, today will be 24 degrees, but I’m not sure if my plant will be ready by the time it gets too frosty, my friend thinks take it out this coming full moon, (Saturday) but they aren’t ready, what do people think I should do? It’s a huge tree, too big to move if I dug it out, also don’t know the strain, I planted it in September
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

My other plants I pulled yesterday as one was getting rot, but was a different strain, this one grew quick at the start but didn’t flower until 3 weeks after the other, if I leave it 3 more weeks it will be a month out from winter, will they even make it that far?

She's a bucking feauty DB!
Got a sativa look to her. I reckon it is way to early to give her the chop. I am also growing 2 sativas outdoors but I don't want to take them early and then never know their potential so I am planning on keeping them going and hoping for the best.

Hello, great job on the tree, looks great! Maybe you could build a small frame and cover it with clear plastic sheeting (visqueen)? keep it open on the sides so air can circulate, it would keep the morning dew off of it... And maybe put a fan blowing on it to help keep it dry?

It’s getting into Autumn here in Victoria, it started 1st of March, it’s now April 13, had first frosty night, and plants are wet this morning, but nights are getting colder, today will be 24 degrees, but I’m not sure if my plant will be ready by the time it gets too frosty, my friend thinks take it out this coming full moon, (Saturday) but they aren’t ready, what do people think I should do? It’s a huge tree, too big to move if I dug it out, also don’t know the strain, I planted it in September
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
Good morning @Dreambr0ther hope you are well my friend.
Beautiful garden like this , where you beed hiding?
Unfortunately you have the same issue I have here in Ontario.
Fall comes before harvest.
But your temps aren't bad just yet.
By the looks of those white pistols you have a good month left before harvest.
White pistols indicate she is still flowering and building for you.
Thc is still low aswell.
Let them turn red and crinkle a bit at least before you chop as I know your tight for time.
Some sort of poly green house might help if possible.
And hope for sunshine.

Stay safe
Bill

had first frosty night, and plants are wet this morning, but nights are getting colder, today will be 24 degrees, but I’m not sure if my plant will be ready by the time it gets too frosty,
Fall comes before harvest.
But your temps aren't bad just yet.
By the looks of those white pistols you have a good month left before harvest.
White pistols indicate she is still flowering and building for you.
Thc is still low aswell.
Let them turn red and crinkle a bit at least before you chop as I know your tight for time.
Looks nice and healthy and all green. A quick look and no signs of mildew. Yes, like Bill mentions it looks like a month or so to go, maybe 5 weeks. Let it go as long as possible.

Since the plant has been outside for a long, long time it has acclimated to the weather so the frost at night will not harm it. Around here we might get a mild frost and not get another for 1, 2 or 3 weeks. Every day that the plant is outside getting sunlight, even on cloudy days, it is building the buds.

if I leave it 3 more weeks it will be a month out from winter, will they even make it that far?
It should make it that far and maybe another week or two. What I have started waiting for is the first night I expect a killing frost or actually a killing freeze. Those are the nights when it is going to drop to 25 degrees F so you will have to do the conversion if you are using Celsius;).

Bill uses the pistil color and shape to help determine when he will be harvesting. I now look at the overall bud shape and size and based on that pulling it over the weekend is going to result in a weak THC harvest and a low quantity.

Go as long as you can before cutting it down.

Below is a plant I grew out on the patio several years ago. Plenty of snow on the plant and it took several hours to melt. I kept the plant outside for a while longer until that one night I figured the weatherman was right and we would be in the mid 20s so I brought it inside an harvested the next day.

patio16-jpg.1984118

Back
Top Bottom