Auto flower breeding

Different times. The first one gave me hundreds of seeds. I had her hanging out of my bathroom window. She got pollinated by an unknown male. All seeds have been autos, and so far they all have been females as well - lucky I guess.

The second set of seeds came from one of the descendants of the above plant. One of the 5 plants got nanners and pollinated itself and gave a handful of seeds on the other 4 plants. I tried to remove all nanners as soon as I saw them, and pollination stayed minimal.

if you fell in a pit of poop you would come out smelling of roses lol that was very good luck for you :)

BREEDING AUTOFLOWERING WITH PHOTOPERIOD STRAINS
The process of breeding autoflowering strains, as stated above, is relatively easy in its theory. However, if you want to cross traits from a non-autoflowering variety of cannabis with an autoflowering strain, things can get a bit more complicated. If you are already selectively breeding autoflowering strains, you can use your own plants to provide the autoflowering traits.

The autoflowering gene is recessive, meaning that both parent strains must posses the gene for it to be passed on. Therefore, this process isn’t as easy as breeding an autoflowering strain with a photperiod strain and expecting a strain with autoflowering genes to pop out of the other end. Also, autoflowering genetics are known to be unstable, making stability and consistency a potential issue.

To start the process, purchase an autoflowering strain or select one from the crop you have developed. Next, you will need to select a photperiod strain, be that an indica, sativa, or hybrid variety. The strain you pick will depend on the desired traits you want your future strain to retain.

In most cases none of the offspring from these two plants will posses autoflowering traits. But don’t worry, that is merely part of this more complex process. The offspring will still carry the autoflowering gene and are capable of passing it on to the next generation.

When you breed the seeds of the offspring together, autoflowering plants will come to be. Only 50% of the offspring will have passed on the gene, so only 25% of the next generation will be autoflowering in nature.
BACKCROSSING
Breeding the plants from the third generation should result in a next generation of plants featuring 100% autoflowering genes. Although this seems like the end of the process, and it can be, this is when the fun starts and the genetic potential usually opens up.

You can continue a similar breeding protocol to really bring out the traits of the first photoperiod strain you started the process with. This is known as backcrossing.

To do this, take the best specimens from your new autoflowering crop, and cross these plants with the original photoperiod variety. Then, repeat the above process until the third generation of 100% autoflowering plants is formed, this time with more of the desirable traits from the photoperiod strain.

so as above is too much to take in for some people like me i find the easy way works and give me less head aches and i get the same result as im not looking to start a seed bank , just a few

its keeping pollen away is the hard part , you have to be super careful and change clothes and every thing , im the same im stuck for room but if you take the branches off just before they are ripe you can jar it and then just use a artist brush to do a branch or two without risking your full grow

its keeping pollen away is the hard part , you have to be super careful and change clothes and every thing , im the same im stuck for room but if you take the branches off just before they are ripe you can jar it and then just use a artist brush to do a branch or two without risking your full grow

Yes, and you can even pollinate separate branches with different strain's pollen if you want to try different males on one female.

Back
Top Bottom