420 Magazine Background

Auto Flowers Girl Scout Cookies

GrowingGuru

Girl Scout cookie auto flower seeds. Transplanting or starting straight in 5 gallon totes?

I’m aware of overwatering issues growing straight into 5 gallons but I hear it’s suggested with auto flower seeds as long as you’re careful with watering amounts. Thoughts??

Modest Grower

I've done both and haven't really noticed a difference but I didn't run into issues. What I mean by that is you could stunt growth witha transplant shock or with miswatering but if both are avoided it shouldn't be much of an issue.

I lean more towards just starting in the 5 gallon but that might be me being lazy. Once I had to transplant from a 5 gal to a 10 with an auto and didn't notice an issue and the transplant was less than smooth. Haha sorry I'm not tons of help. Straight to the 5 is my vote less work same results on opinion.

Mdlroad

I've done both and haven't really noticed a difference but I didn't run into issues. What I mean by that is you could stunt growth witha transplant shock or with miswatering but if both are avoided it shouldn't be much of an issue.

I lean more towards just starting in the 5 gallon but that might be me being lazy. Once I had to transplant from a 5 gal to a 10 with an auto and didn't notice an issue and the transplant was less than smooth. Haha sorry I'm not tons of help. Straight to the 5 is my vote less work same results on opinion.
Girl Scout cookie auto flower seeds. Transplanting or starting straight in 5 gallon totes?

I’m aware of overwatering issues growing straight into 5 gallons but I hear it’s suggested with auto flower seeds as long as you’re careful with watering amounts. Thoughts??
I've done both saw no issues but I only transplanted once. I like starting in final pot just me.

Rexer

Member of the Month: April 2021
For autos, starting in final container is recommended, only transplant if can't be avoided. So, count me in with the others, my vote is 5 gallon (though I don't even do soil grows- the same advice follows for hydro....plant in final container).

GrowingGuru

Good to hear... in all honesty I am lazy too. LOL I planted 3 seeds today straight into 5 gal totes. Just was worried because I never do this. But god I hate transplanting and I just lost a little seedling recently after transplant so I wanted to see if I can possibly avoid it completely! Thank you!

Top Bottom