Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

Its one of the strains. Bagged for cure.

The other two & Co wants to finish in the morning. Part done already - pre trim if you like. Just the finishing pass.

I'm easy - I can send the numbers to someone for like a results escrow and we can announce together?

Or for sure by tomorrow I'll have our totals. I won't send to test for another couple of weeks anyway - ah I'll message you about that.

I haven't even tried ours yet. Maybe later this evening I'll try some of the bagged one.

In other slightly related news. Our swimming pool been a PITA. the H2o2 filled one. Keeps getting dirty. They finally, finally they say found the problem.

"Stones in the manifold" the lady said.

Ummm that would be perlite! 😆

They then told me the price of H2o2 is doubling!

Nick
Ok, sorry, wasn’t sure. Good. So you have 420 so far with two batches to finish trim. Well, at least you’ll make a pound plus. Still competitive. I won’t know how much flarf I have on two biggies til harvest. Might make a significant difference. Wouldn’t bet on it though. I am 99% certain I’m looking at a pound plus without either Gorilla Cookies in the mix. And those two together are a pound easy, more like 1.5. I’m coming in between 2 and 3 pounds I believe.

Well, regardless of the outcome it seems (and I should have known, lol) that you desire a big finish to this show in terms of a big reveal. So either message me and lemme know what you’re gonna do or let us know here. I got time so you do your thing any way you see fit. I think you know by now I’m pretty easy.

Edit: forgot the Bruce Banner in those calculations. I’m over 3 pounds.

Ok, sorry, wasn’t sure. Good. So you have 420 so far with two batches to finish trim. Well, at least you’ll make a pound plus. Still competitive. I won’t know how much flarf I have on two biggies til harvest. Might make a significant difference. Wouldn’t bet on it though. I am 99% certain I’m looking at a pound plus without either Gorilla Cookies in the mix. And those two together are a pound easy, more like 1.5. I’m coming in between 2 and 3 pounds I believe.

Well, regardless of the outcome it seems (and I should have known, lol) that you desire a big finish to this show in terms of a big reveal. So either message me and lemme know what you’re gonna do or let us know here. I got time so you do your thing any way you see fit. I think you know by now I’m pretty easy.

Edit: forgot the Bruce Banner in those calculations. I’m over 3 pounds.

OK - I'm going to reveal on 1st May. I can get some early cannabinoid tests in (I suspect we'll see some CBG in there which has happened before with early tested weed - it turns to THC it seems after with that testing machine)

It'll be about this time, 7pm Bangkok so 8am Eastern?

I'll also give some vape reports on the Bubba Kush and BBMR. The Seedstockers OG Kush - meh. Over that from the last grow. Ain't like any OGK from anywhere else. Glad we have a shop to fence it to sell it though, at least the strain has great name recognition though.

Deal?

OK - I'm going to reveal on 1st May. I can get some early cannabinoid tests in (I suspect we'll see some CBG in there which has happened before with early tested weed - it turns to THC it seems after with that testing machine)

It'll be about this time, 7pm Bangkok so 8am Eastern?

I'll also give some vape reports on the Bubba Kush and BBMR. The Seedstockers OG Kush - meh. Over that from the last grow. Ain't like any OGK from anywhere else. Glad we have a shop to fence it to sell it though, at least the strain has great name recognition though.

Deal?
Done. I hope to have at least some stuff hanging by then. How much weed does it take to test? You can add that back in. Lol.

Done. I hope to have at least some stuff hanging by then. How much weed does it take to test? You can add that back in. Lol.
You know, if you want, we could both video our weighing?

Edit: if you teach me how, lol.

Mine’s already part done. Too dull to record.

Mine goes into our inventory Excel sheets - I’m not going to manipulate those for this grow so like you said we’ll trust!

A word I literally have tattooed on my leg in my own handwriting!

IMG_0428.jpeg

@Azimuth thinks my typing is bad - my handwriting is worse 😂

Early on in this journal there was a lot of talk about PPFD and max levels, Bugbee and Shane from MiGro lighting were mentioned. I said Yada yada - Bugbee's changed.

He has but this video was made subsequent to those conversations we had here.

Its a great video, basically Bugbee outlines what we strive for when we grow, it covers PPFD, DLI Co2, UVC and even side lighting gets a mention. Its like they were reading this journal! I feel a bit bad for Shane because his lights are not hitting much above 1000 PPFD that I've seen. He is much more 4x4 and below sized. The light meter stuff is for only the truly dedicated!

But yeah 100 DLI and 2200 PPFD and they still love it - albeit you must have Co2. Its a great watch, Bugbee looks thoroughly unprepared for the chat but he's got the skills to pull it out the depths of memory.

Really recommend it.

Bump -

If you really want to learn about growing for yield whether lettuce or the devils lettuce (both are covered in detail) and real recent scientific studies that cover near everything Jon and I have tried here then please watch that - just listen to it even. There are only maybe 10 actual visual aids, throw away PowerPoint slides.

Its super interesting. One hour only.

Nick

Mine’s already part done. Too dull to record.

Mine goes into our inventory Excel sheets - I’m not going to manipulate those for this grow so like you said we’ll trust!

A word I literally have tattooed on my leg in my own handwriting!

IMG_0428.jpeg

@Azimuth thinks my typing is bad - my handwriting is worse 😂
That’s badass. My dolphin has long since lost her color. One day I’m gonna get her redone.

IMG_5656.jpeg

That’s badass. My dolphin has long since lost her color. One day I’m gonna get her redone.

IMG_5656.jpeg
So funny story - I was dating this girl. Thought I was in love. Surely I was going to marry this girl. You know that bullshit blown away puppy love crap? I had that for this girl and for a while it was mutual. Lol. Long enough for me to move in with her within 90 days of meeting her. And I was blown away enough that I wanted to get her name as my first ever tattoo. She said no way, but wouldn’t tell me why. Fast forward a week or two. Finally she lets me do something I had been yearning for, something that required my face to be down near her waist, lmao. And as I’m there I see her familiar Tinkerbell tattoo, located below her belly button. Big one. I bet that hurt. But for the first time, I notice that Tinkerbell is perched atop a black cloud. Literally a big black cloud as her pillow in the sky. Well needless to say this stops me in my tracks, and, trying to not crack up, I say, so….whats up with the black cloud? Lol! She says, it didn’t used to be a black cloud. When I got it, she was laying on my ex husband’s name in big letters.

Well, then I DID crack up.

Turns out their divorce was so bitter that she wanted all remnants of him obliterated. But the skin down there is so sensitive that she was advised it would be better to alter the name then to get it removed. Her solution was the black cloud.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyway, then it was, oh. Ok. So no name. And in negotiations, we settled on one of our favorite commonalities - our favorite animal, the dolphin. I knew I could wear a dolphin the rest of my life. Just had to find one with balls.

So technically that dolphin says Carol.

Lmao!

My back one made Tatler Magazine (Like posh originally British style guide)

I was one of her first customers. She had a cult following.

This is my back:

1713964088034.png

Well it was in about 2011! Its 3 gaussian curves standard, plus one and then two deviations from the norm then I took from an average rainfall in some place I forget, but like a real world Gaussian curve overlaid. Then bottom is binary that if you enter it into a binary to text converter says some stuff I wrote. The Traditional Chinese symbol top right was my first tat - way before I ever thought I'd live in HK! Means basically Life and Order with a hint of luck implied. The design was very much a joint effort.

Think it was 5+3 hours. Spine hurt a bit at the end of the 5 hour one but mostly dozed while she was doing it. Apparently it still looks good (that picture doesn't show the texture she got - looks a bit blobby!) but yeah she's pretty famous and had just started out on her own so she used it for promo stuff.

You say Gaussian - I say luck!

Not sure it made my day but I lolled. That guy is a funny dude!

I just got a photo of back taken. Yeah that middle bit needs a touch up and for sure the yellow.

I can also see from my shoulder line my spine needs clicking back straight again (I had this last year, get some pain in my left shoulder the chiro needs fix)

All whatever whatever.

The worst thing is like far worse!

IMG_0440.jpeg

I have a mullet and no one in my family has told me the bastards!

For those unfamilar:

Oh no. The shame!

😂

Not sure it made my day but I lolled. That guy is a funny dude!

I just got a photo of back taken. Yeah that middle bit needs a touch up and for sure the yellow.

I can also see from my shoulder line my spine needs clicking back straight again (I had this last year, get some pain in my left shoulder the chiro needs fix)

All whatever whatever.

The worst thing is like far worse!

IMG_0440.jpeg

I have a mullet and no one in my family has told me the bastards!

For those unfamilar:

Oh no. The shame!

😂
Business in front Party n back never goes out of style.( in the Southern States that is.) lol 😂 CL🍀

Business in front Party n back never goes out of style.( in the Southern States that is.) lol 😂 CL🍀
Huge in Australia - they have the world Championships there. A Brit won it recently - maybe I'll enter next year? 2024 lose at Professional Grow for Yield - 2025 Win Mullet of the Year!

What do you reckon @Absorber ? Can I stay in your tree house while I'm over?

Also:

#3 Don't open the bag in the first two weeks.

Gotta trust. Every time you open it unless the place you are opening it is perfect at 60% Rh and at 24c (like my bedroom happily) you are making it reset the environment all over again. Just zip and forget.

I think a little taster of the weed been curing for about 3 hours is in order, right?

Do as I say - not as I do!

😆

Oh I do love the taste of chlorophyll in the evening!

Perhaps some bud pictures so there’s at least a semblance of an attempt to remain on topic? Lmao!

IMG_5658.jpeg

IMG_5659.jpeg

IMG_5660.jpeg

IMG_5661.jpeg

IMG_5662.jpeg

IMG_5663.jpeg

IMG_5664.jpeg
Cherry Pie is the closest. Pretty obvious in the pictures. I almost took her this morning. I’m thinking tomorrow may be her day.

OK lets do this semi seriously.

Its right on the edge of being ready for the Grove bag I realise.

I nearly left the bag open to acclimatise down to our room temp and humidity but reckon it will be ok.

I’ll probably give it a gentle shake tomorrow.

Smells really good, stronger than even a few hours ago.

Petrol, (gasoline) and grass and pine. There’s hints of sugary sweet a which was really strong in the last weeks of flower.

I’m going to vape it a little higher than I would at 208c compared to say 198c or 194c for full cured. It ground really easy. Its very decently sticky. But like maybe a 7/10 for us.

Bit airy but we do expect it to tighten as it cures.

Some pictures and lets see if I make any sense in 30 minutes. I just blind pick buds for photos or testing. Really whatever is top of the bag. No hunting. One looks way better than the other for me.

Cap could do with a wash too!

Nick

IMG_0442.jpeg
IMG_0445.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom