Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

We got the Weed Shaaaack, baby…. Keys today.

Builder is there still with & Co. gonna be epic. Have a video uploading and I’ll put it in my journal for now. Some proud new owner pictures below though!

We own a legit free standing weed dispensary! How’d my life get to here?

IMG_0473.jpeg
IMG_0475.jpeg
IMG_0044.jpeg

Like c'mon? Anyone not want to buy legit tested top quality bud at $4 a gram from The Weed Shack?

We're 100% keeping the tropical island bamboo aesthetic. Just gonna spruce it up a bit. We have homes and a mosques next door, and a school (our daughter's) just just 100m away so one rule we all insta agreed on is no smoking at the shack. Respect our neighbours.

'But yeah - so cool. My parents will be so proud of me 😂

See Dad - when you fixed it for that half pound of hash I got arrested for at Glastonbury in 1994? Yeah did I learn my lesson!
Big congratulations!!!!

Gorilla Cookies

Ready or not, the big girl comes down today.

2024-04-26-05-15-22-161.jpeg

2024-04-26-05-15-11-920.jpeg
Looks done to me Jon. What makes you say ready or not? There's a good spread of light amber and those darker ones are undesirable are they not?

Looks done to me Jon. What makes you say ready or not? There's a good spread of light amber and those darker ones are undesirable are they not?
Hi @Carmen Ray - I don’t think of ambers as undesirable. I think of it as white = up, amber = down. I suppose technically amber indicates the breakdown of one form of thc into another, and may technically even be referred to as degrading, idk. Then over time I have found that I prefer a sativa effect to an indica effect most of the time. So generally I harvest at a small amount of amber, with (in a perfect world) the rest all fully white. The more amber, the more the “couchlock” effect. So it’s sort of a personal preference on the balance between the two. As you will see from the next post, I’m still not satisfied. I took one branch and I can see that I need to ignore the trichomes in this plant to an extent and go by the buds themselves. These buds say to me you shoulda let me go a little longer.

One Branch Partial Harvest

She’s not *quite* there. The upper buds look done, in fact they’re overdone. By that I mean you can see they are overly golden brown. That’s light damage. A different phenotype would likely have foxtailed on me like crazy. They should look much more like the buds in closeup, which is what the rest of the plant looks like. This was the runaway branch with high dominance and got super tall compared to the rest, so it was a little too close to the lights. Not bad though, it’ll smoke great. But if you look at the buds in closeup, to me personally, I need them tighter than this. There are red hairs that don’t look fully mature to me and the buds can get tighter. I’m going to let the rest of the plant go another day or two.

Here’s the branch and buds.

IMG_5687.jpeg

IMG_5689.jpeg

IMG_5690.jpeg

IMG_5692.jpeg

Hi @Carmen Ray - I don’t think of ambers as undesirable. I think of it as white = up, amber = down. I suppose technically amber indicates the breakdown of one form of thc into another, and may technically even be referred to as degrading, idk. Then over time I have found that I prefer a sativa effect to an indica effect most of the time. So generally I harvest at a small amount of amber, with (in a perfect world) the rest all fully white. The more amber, the more the “couchlock” effect. So it’s sort of a personal preference on the balance between the two. As you will see from the next post, I’m still not satisfied. I took one branch and I can see that I need to ignore the trichomes in this plant to an extent and go by the buds themselves. These buds say to me you shoulda let me go a little longer.
That's right, yes. I was referring to the black bits. That's degraded. You don't want more of that is what I was saying. Your weed looks cooked to me.

One Branch Partial Harvest

She’s not *quite* there. The upper buds look done, in fact they’re overdone. By that I mean you can see they are overly golden brown. That’s light damage. A different phenotype would likely have foxtailed on me like crazy. They should look much more like the buds in closeup, which is what the rest of the plant looks like. This was the runaway branch with high dominance and got super tall compared to the rest, so it was a little too close to the lights. Not bad though, it’ll smoke great. But if you look at the buds in closeup, to me personally, I need them tighter than this. There are red hairs that don’t look fully mature to me and the buds can get tighter. I’m going to let the rest of the plant go another day or two.

Here’s the branch and buds.

IMG_5687.jpeg

IMG_5689.jpeg

IMG_5690.jpeg

IMG_5692.jpeg
Here’s that branch wet trimmed before washing and hanging. Dense strands of pearls.

IMG_5693.jpeg

That's right, yes. I was referring to the black bits. That's degraded. You don't want more of that is what I was saying. Your weed looks cooked to me.
Yes, as I noted in the post, this branch is a bit cooked. It’s pretty obvious. But if you see the wet trim it looks great. No worries and that’s not the rest of the plant. As far as the dark trich heads, it’s just mature and a bit cooked amber. Obviously as well it’s not desirable. That’s exactly why I took the branch I knew was too close to the sun.

Yes, as I noted in the post, this branch is a bit cooked. It’s pretty obvious. But if you see the wet trim it looks great. No worries and that’s not the rest of the plant. As far as the dark trich heads, it’s just mature and a bit cooked amber. Obviously as well it’s not desirable. That’s exactly why I took the branch I knew was too close to the sun.
But there’s a big difference between mature amber and black cooked amber. Mature amber is not a bad or undesirable thing, and will not negatively affect taste. This would have if there was a lot more of it. As is it’ll be great.

Like even 4/4 I was never a great DJ on the 1210's - but the Jungle/Drum and Bass and specifically this remix - yeah I ran out of talent!

@Jon or anyone else with more sense of rhythm than me! Honestly the only person with worse sense of rhythm than me is my Mum

Its 16/4 or whatever - weirdness.

The original is way better.

Yes the next lot looks top shelf but I hadn't seen it yet when I posted my response to your trichome pictures from the "cooked" branch. When I said cooked, I meant fully done, ready whatever, not overdone, but you yourself have subsequently said that branch was overdone. No matter, you grow great weed and I'm always impressed. I was really just surprised when your comment didn't match the image I was seeing but I understand now what happened.

Like even 4/4 I was never a great DJ on the 1210's - but the Jungle/Drum and Bass and specifically this remix - yeah I ran out of talent!

@Jon or anyone else with more sense of rhythm than me! Honestly the only person with worse sense of rhythm than me is my Mum

Its 16/4 or whatever - weirdness.

The original is way better.

I listened to both. Both have weird, offbeat drum beats atop the basic rhythm. I have a real hard time discerning the actual written time of the song with material like this. I could argue a simple 4/4, just dressed up. But I really don’t know.

Yes the next lot looks top shelf but I hadn't seen it yet when I posted my response to your trichome pictures from the "cooked" branch. When I said cooked, I meant fully done, ready whatever, not overdone, but you yourself have subsequently said that branch was overdone. No matter, you grow great weed and I'm always impressed. I was really just surprised when your comment didn't match the image I was seeing but I understand now what happened.
Yeah, that branch just went nuts and kept going up and up. That’s the thing about growing so many different strains in the same grow. Everyone has different light preferences. So you try to find something they can all agree on and leave it to fate, lol. So like, the Apple Fritter is foxtailing like mad. The Cherry Pie looks perfect. The other Gorilla Cookies looks perfect. The Skywalker is a *bit* odd but pretty much right. Just depends on the strain. And for sure this particular branch was too close. The lower buds on that branch didn’t have the black trichs.

I listened to both. Both have weird, offbeat drum beats atop the basic rhythm. I have a real hard time discerning the actual written time of the song with material like this. I could argue a simple 4/4, just dressed up. But I really don’t know.
Nick I am reasonably certain that it’s in a relatively “normal” time signature, but that the overlaid drums and offbeats within the beat make it sound more complicated a time signature than it actually is.

Nick I am reasonably certain that it’s in a relatively “normal” time signature, but that the overlaid drums and offbeats within the beat make it sound more complicated a time signature than it actually is.
But you know who might actually know? @InTheShed. Yeah, the jerk has those skills too. He’s like a fricking superhero. :rofl:

Yep that weird 4/4 dressed up - someone like @Roy Growin or @Greenvein - they’ll be most likely to know that “Jungle” more commonly known now as Drum and Bass was like.

Fun fact - Goldie who was One of the driving forces of the UK Drum and Bass scene lives just up the road from me. I see his bright yellow Humvee - and his black Humvee (think his son drives that one) from time to time. He paid for - well I saw the numbers he contributed and "opened" the basketball court at my step daughters school. Mega stoner.

We were actually neighbours for a while in London as well Betcha he doesn't remember me!

This is my favourite song of his.

Like honestly all he did was reverse the high hats on Ableton or whatever and he's a genius an gets a role in a James Bond movie!

Fugees is syncopated 4/4, that's how it sounds to me - try playing Time Warp, it does a really weird 7/5 break in the middle 8, really hard to make it sound natural
Goldie used to get in the Vic at Oxshott too
Small world innit
Estimated Prophet from the Dead I believe is in 13/9 or something like that. There are some crazy ass time signatures out there. You really want to get crazy find a live version of the song Victim or the Crime, a more recent Dead tune. That one wil rip your head off trying to figure it out. Lol!

So here’s the trichome state of play on what is left and basically almost there.

Cherry Pie

Skywalker

Gorilla Cookies coco/hydro

And here’s what the rest of the GC I just took the branch from look like:

To me, all these need a couple more days.

Fugees is syncopated 4/4, that's how it sounds to me - try playing Time Warp, it does a really weird 7/5 break in the middle 8, really hard to make it sound natural
Goldie used to get in the Vic at Oxshott too
Small world innit
Junior Jack used to throw weird breaks in to screw your mixes.

I know GV loves this - its a Cricket not a Clipper!

A Clipper is a better stoners lighters. Promise!

Back
Top Bottom