Badly damaged main stem - Looks fatal - Advice?

Hi ya'll.

2 days ago I thought to switch my lights instead of moving my pots around. I didnt move them because I have a lot of LST going on, and moving pots requires me to undo all my LST's, and then move them, and then LST them back again which wastes a lot of time.

In the vent of saving time I made one massive blunder. These babies are well into the end of their 2nd month of veg.

While taking out one of the lights, I did something someone in a rush would do and well the lights were hot, so I tried being careful, but then the major fuck up happened. I got burned and the light dropped smack ontop the mainstem of my crown royale, and took off half an inch or bit more from one side of the plant. I freaked out and remembered to tape it up as best as I could. I was unable to take pics of the big gap in my stem, but now after seeing that part of the stems colas shrivle and go lifeless, I dont know if I should trim those shrivelled parts off, or cut that stem altogether? I thought I should leave the stem. Why all the cutting business from my end? Im not sure, mould, fungus, bacteria, other unattractive things that the dying part of the plant might attract perhaps?

Heres the taped part along with the inital pic of the cola/leaf status:

image34944.jpg
image34945.jpg

And here it is 2-3 days later:

image34946.jpg
Photo_13-11-2015_12_48_25_pm.jpg

Any thoughts/suggestions? It may be too early to decide whether I want to cut or do any triumming. Perhaps too early. I should let it be for at least a week and see what happens, bbut in the event things dont look good, what is the best alternative to avoid any rot/bugs/negative side effects of keeping a dying/dead part of the plant attached to it?

Thanks in advance!

I would untie her till she heals

Take some pressure off the break, as a matter of fact I would try to support her against the wound

Be patient let her heal she will if it is still attached.

Was doing some changes once in my room and knock a 4' piece of 1 5/8" unistrut into a flowering plant was just a

1/4" wide x 1/8" thick strand was all that kept it from being a complete murder scene lol she finished and grew a

huge cola

They are a amazing plant

Good Luck
:Namaste:

Same thing happened to me on my last grow. Bubblelicious autos broke the main stem right off, at the point of breakage, she just grow two more stems and went right on growing to a 5 foot monster.

THanks a heap for the advice. I hope something monstrous comes through after such major damage. Ill keep this post alive as I get updates.

Cheers and happy growing/smoking!

Say your real name is not Mr Myogie from the Karate Kid is it? That is a very cool looking plant, sorry about your mishap.
From what I have read so far I like the advice you have already gotten. I for ure would be taking any pressure of the break points and splint them. Let them heal up before putting them back into the LST

Best of luck mate.

Back
Top Bottom