Kelctdet1488

What are these banana looking things hanging from random flower sights. Dont look like seed pods.! Do i need to worry or take it oit away from the other plants?

Hi there,
I have been growing a couple of years and from my experience the main cause for bananas are light leaks even the smallest of light getting in can turn your plants hermi, also heat stress , or maybe crap genetics,
Do you grow in a tent? What temps?

Also you might want to throw it away as it will pollinate the rest of your plants and you will end up with 100s of seeds

"Bananas" = "nanners", are hermaphrodite male flowers. They can pollinate your entire grow. The resulting seeds will be more likely to hermie on you if/when you grow them.

Well if you diagnose it to be certain fixable things (for example ... light heat or light stress and you raise the light) then you pluck the nanners for a bit and they go away and all is fine. It all depends on the problem.

I made nanners recently from a new DE light I didn't know was as hot as it is. I raised it an plucked for about 2 weeks and they are gone and the plant is rebounding and making great flowers now.

That said if it is because of a problem like you are in hydro and ran the nutes low then brought back the nutes and it is happening all over then you need to can the plant.

So depending on where they are happening and why... it may be no big deal or a serious problem.

Here this is about 3 weeks ago looking totally stunted.

DSCF17744.JPG

This is about 2 weeks ago

12_purpleClose.JPG

But a little TLC and Patience and they start filling in again....

DSCF18553.JPG

The one on the right is the same as above. All the flowers are rebounding and blowing up now.

up_close3.JPG

So in the right circumstances they can be recovered... But not always.

Back
Top Bottom