Beginning to grow

Areoponics is not for the impatient or cheap it cost alot to start and always have to be on top of everything never a dull moment. I'm currently using high pressure 1000psi.
Low pressure works pretty good also just need to change the timing. Definitely is worth it once you figure it out

20230530_071756.jpg

20230528170415_IMG_0081.JPG
1000psi really? Why? Where did you find nozzles to fit those specs? I don't want to be close to my system and my pumps and nozzles are rated at 100-150psi. Are you blowing holes in the root chambers? Lol! By any chance you mean 100psi?

It sounds counterproductive to run higher pressure than what's necessary? It will only decrease the lifespan of hoses, couplings, pumps and fittings. It will also be impossible to find an accumulator tanks to fit those specs. AA uses lower pressure than HPA? Then 1000psi doesn't even sound right?

1000psi really? Why? Where did you find nozzles to fit that spec? I don't want to be close to my system and my pumps and nozzles are rated at 100-150psi. Are you blowing holes in the root chambers? Lol! By any chance you mean 100psi?

It sounds counterproductive to run higher pressure than what's necessary? It will only decrease the lifespan of hoses, couplings, pumps and fittings.
Yeah 1000psi no problems once in awhile I'll have an o ring leak but i made everything outside the chamber so i can replace if nessary. I'm using. 008 misting tips it's almost like a fog no problems with the roots they will actually try and grow sideways towards the sprayers .I've experimented with alot of areoponic systems and had alot of failures low pressure,square containers, different nozzle sizes i found the high pressure gives the roots very fine hairs. My thinking is more hairs more nutrients absorbed. And the trichromes seem to be bigger and more of them maybe I'll do a side by side comparison and see.

Yeah 1000psi no problems once in awhile I'll have an o ring leak but i made everything outside the chamber so i can replace if nessary. I'm using. 008 misting tips it's almost like a fog no problems with the roots they will actually try and grow sideways towards the sprayers .I've experimented with alot of areoponic systems and had alot of failures low pressure,square containers, different nozzle sizes i found the high pressure gives the roots very fine hairs. My thinking is more hairs more nutrients absorbed. And the trichromes seem to be bigger and more of them maybe I'll do a side by side comparison and see.
I bet you would get better results and save on power and materials running lower psi. My two cents, you gain nothing from going above 160psi in HPA.

I mean 1000psi must be borderline Fogponics? That's been tried and you don't only want fine brittle roots like Fogponics creates. You want well developed laterals and fine roots connecting to those IMO.

My goal is to get those fine hairs at the base of the roots but I think i need a wider container the purple light pictures is wider containers but I had issues with the lids so i sealed them with glue so i will have to wait until the end to see the roots.
Looks like they get soaked meaning the nozzles are a little to close to the roots. More like LPA than HPA.
It's a problem you'll struggle with that high pressure. You'll need a bigger root chamber and shorter spray times. Do you know the droplet size of the nozzles?

I run sterile so it's hard to keep the fuzzy hairs happy. Your roots look good though! Here's mine a week after transplant. Looks like a mushroom. Maybe I'll try running bacillus amyloliquefaciens as a fungicide when I convert to DTW.
IMG_20210111_185433968.jpg

Looks like they get soaked meaning the nozzles are a little to close to the roots. More like LPA than HPA.
It's a problem you'll struggle with that high pressure. You'll need a bigger root chamber and shorter spray times. Do you know the droplet size of the nozzles?

I run sterile so it's hard to keep the fuzzy hairs happy. Your roots look good though! Here's mine a week after transplant. Looks like a mushroom. Maybe I'll try running bacillus amyloliquefaciens as a fungicide when I convert to DTW.
IMG_20210111_185433968.jpg

Yeah these are my first containers and i figure since i have them might as well use them. I can keep the base nice and fuzzy but where the water collects and drips not going to happen. I'm still pretty new at this so anything i learn is always great information. I did a couple in low pressure and they came out monsters.

Hey Ufo, welcome to the community :welcome:I'm running an HPA system as well. There is no accumulator in my system, only a 12V 45 psi pump between tank and nozzles (and a mesh filter before the pump, of course). I started with 20mm tubes and a simple aquarium pump on a LPA trip 2 years ago. If you're trying your luck with HPA DIY, then maybe I can share some of my experience around pumps, accumulators, tubing, nozzles etc. with you. Here is a picture of my last grow with my actual system. Feel free to tag me in your posts if you think my knowledge could be of any help
20230528_173813.jpg

Cheers bro!

Areoponics is not for the impatient or cheap it cost alot to start and always have to be on top of everything never a dull moment. I'm currently using high pressure 1000psi.
Low pressure works pretty good also just need to change the timing. Definitely is worth it once you figure it out

20230530_071756.jpg

20230528170415_IMG_0081.JPG
In the 2nd pic.... Do you have some kind of other plant in with the bud? If not, What strain grows leaves that look like that ? Damndest thing I've ever seen.... lol. Maybe I'm just stoned !

Back
Top Bottom