Berry Bomb Grow

Twelve12,
Nope, I must just be raising a blueberry bush with a touch of grape smell. It does not stink at all. There is not even the slightest smell of dank.

On the veg cycle I think Im going to hold off until I see more leaf fragments (from 3 to 5 pedals).

About the weird plant above: I moved the plant to photo, that is why the shadow is there. my lights are right over the plants all in a row, plus I turn them. I will try to take more pics as this develops.

I also covered the bottom leaves so the defect showed up better. Defect is at 3 node.

i had a plant that was growing similar to that, i thought it was because i was growing a femenised plant, all my others grew as normal but my fem grew weird like yours at first, but it sorted itself out and is growing as normal now,

my temps are good now, left the fan off, so things are warmer without being to warm,

12, you know the glr routine, well my plants have been veggin for 3 weeks now some of them, they got stunted due to me messing up a fim so i topped them and they growth has now started again and good growth at that, my plants started on 20-4 as i always thought my plants needed dark, i then read up and found they would grow quicker without the dark period, so i change to 24-0, at first i noticed loads more growth but after a week or so it slowed down and im not sure if they was growing any quicker than they was at 20-4, so now im wondering if my plants would be stressed if i tried taking them to glr. so my lights are on 24-0 now so it wouldnt really matter when i adjusted the timing, but would i say turn the lights off for 6 on for 1 and off for 5, then on for 12, could i just switch my plants to that when i wanted or would i need a gradual change, my plants have been veging a while now and i need to speed things up a bit due to stunted growth, any ideas mate

donpaul.p In my experience 24/0 is great for seedling and rooting clones, but as the plants mature it require more resting between. Though some swear by 24/0 (even though they have yet try GLR), I swear by GLR for vegetative growth. Switching over to GLR from your current veg photoperiod will not harm the plant. In fact you will see an explosive growth due to the resting hours you have provided.

What is GLR ?
Im brain dead right now. Finally got the Supreme court appeal finished and part way thru the 15 copies they require. All I can see right now is damn court laws and rules.
I'll be so glad when this is over, nothing like a crooked judge being put on the spot to have to answer to a higher court.lol
I should be fine in a week or so when I can concentrate on my babies.

Thought I'd get some more pics taken before I start using the 2L Hempy test. So here are all 8 of the plants as of today. Enjoy

2_5_.jpg

3_4_.jpg

4_4_.jpg

6_1_5.jpg

7394.jpg

8_1_.jpg

Hi, looks good, your second picture down looks like the exact same plant as mine, same size same growth, you wouldnt tell them apart if they was side by side put it that way, looks like our plants are very close in age, i put some pics up today so have a look if you want and you will see what i mean, your planing in changing the pots soon then,

just hoping for a female, will be good to see what you get off yours if your going the hempy way, ill veg mine till about a foot tall, possibly lst it to some extent but not drastically, so got a good while to go yet

Todays update:

Gave the first nutes last night (diluted). Not much going on at this point.
Here is a pic of the deformed berry bomb, I think I will try contacting the seed bank and let them know of the deformity. They could already be aware of this defect.
It is looking more like the flame advertisement on Tv. lol

So as promised my deformed baby.
2_6_.jpg

I have another condition with one of the seedlings as well.
Right now it is so small you will not be able to see it so I will explain the condition: one of my best plants has skipped entirely the 3 leaf phase and has began putting on a 5 leaf pedal.

Is this a normal condition that is genetic or just a sign of destabilization in the genetics?
I would like to know how much of this condition will continue down to the next generations?

I will post a pic when it can be seen clearly

Looks like the Berry Bomb genetic line is not stable with these phenotypes. The one I grew did not look like the advertised picture with purple pistils and it was during Winter grow. My other plants had some purps in them. Keep an eye on all of your Berry Bombs and find the one you like, take some clones of it before putting the plant into flower. Then observe the bud development. After the harvest you'll know which plant to keep. Even with deformity as long you're getting good yield and potency it shouldn't matter. :Namaste:

ive only got 1 berry bomb in veg and mine seems ok so far, we both got our seeds from same seed bank at same time and planted at same time, is it possible we both got berry bomb seeds from the same batch or would they have loads of sources or growers that give them berry bomb seeds

Thanks 12, I'm watching them like a hawk and making hard copies of notes.

I was wanting to cross back but with all this going on it may well be worth getting a stronger genetic line. I not only want to produce a good strain but also want good genetics. I know and understand genetics it is basically the same with anything you grow or breed. I raised and bred Arabian horses for the last 15 years and do not want faults in the line's.

Never know I might just visit the High Times Cup. lol

With your background breeding horses then breeding Cannabis will come easy to you. At the moment my breeding program is on pause. But I do miss it there are so many more variety to unlock while stabilizing the gems I have stumble upon.

Yes, win that HTC! It is worth a shot.

Twelve12,

I had another idea earlier but needed your input. I am trying to post to get upto my 50 before I can PM. Not to sure if 420 would be interested in this but when I get past my quota I'll message you concerning the idea.
I'd love to go to Denver for 2012. Im just about 7 hours from there.

Before breeding the horses I did bred and raised dogs in my home for 20 years, and to top that off raised 5 kids. Since they are all grown and have lives of their own it's just me and my american bull dog.

dpp,

Im not sure how many growers they have on this strain. There are a few problems I see with this strain.

Alot of stretch until they reach node 4-5. i have 2 more that are very tight and compact between the nodes, more on the Indica side of things. let me also say that this strain is to be sensitive to nutes. I started to see a slight burn on the tips tonight when checking them earlier. Nothing drastic. I see some additional growth in the lengthiness of the leaves.

For now just keeping up with things. Good nite all.
I will continue to examine all the plants as well as post daily pics

got a reply back from Bomb Seeds. I wrote them concerning the berry Bomb strain. here is my email and their reply as to the deformity.
my Questions:

I recently ordered through The Single Seed Center. The strain I ordered was the berry Bomb (regular). The plants are now at veg stage, however I thought that I should contact the original breeder. I have included a photo of a problem with the plants, Im sure is genetics.

I have observed that on 2 of my seedlings there is defiantly a condition to be aware of to strengthen the gentics.
The first plant has a 3 leaf deformity where only 2 leaf's on one side and 3 on the other?? Is this a condition the breeder is aware of?

The 2nd plant has totally jumped the 3 leaf phase and has put on 5 leaf's after the first single leaf. Why did this one and only seed put forth this type of leaf? Right now the seedling is so small I will have to wait a few days to be able to see this clearly.

Will this continue in the strain if it is used for breeding?
Is this something that happens frequently in Cannabis?

Thank you in advance

This is a trait that is attached to a recessive phenotype. It is quite rare and although we have seen it before we have not seen it in the Berry bomb strain. As it is a recessive trait it will be carried though into offspring but it is very unlikely that it will occur again unless you breed the two plants that it has occurred in, together. It should not carry any negative impact on the result of the plant and whenever this occurred in any of our initial work it was not then used in the rest of the process, but that said if you can isolate that trait and stabilise it, it would make an interesting looking plant!

Thank you for letting us know about this and if you would like to send us more images and a grow report as the plant gets older we would be very happy to see them.

Bomb Seeds Team

Hey Twelve12,

Yes I was surprised to hear back from them. It sound like they want me to cross the deformity. Im not researching or trying to breed this into the line. I will just continue to grow these out and pick the best to clone. This would be something I would try breeding out of them not into.

I know it should not matter to me as long as yield and potency is strong, however I like to breed in good qualities and not faults.

So I will continue to observe the grow. Wonder if I will be seeing more faults as the grow continues?

On another note, do you know or anyone else know the percentages that the mother plant contributes as opposed to what the father brings to the table?

For Example:
In breeding horses and dogs the majority of the traits the mother brings to the table is approximately 88 % of the genes. This includes fault genes. It takes about 7-9 generations to breed the faults out, although the faults may stay recessive it clearly destroys any breeding programs in the future with devastating faults.

TY

Back
Top Bottom