Berry Bomb Grow

Sorry for such a late posting.
I opened the tent just like every morning and was met with such a sweet aroma of berry I about fell over. A few of the seedlings have turned purple, we got a cold spell. Cant wait to taste this one, Im so excited. I wish my house smelled this way all the time.

I will try taking some better pics. And one more notable question.
Anyone out there have experience with Berry Bomb that would be able to tell me if a light(s) being to close could stunt growth with this strain? I could not get the plants any closer to the light, I think the leaves were beginning to droop, caught it early enough no damage, so I was thinking maybe just maybe I can try to pull the light back and low and behold after about 5 hours all the seedlings had put on their 4th set of leaves. They are just starting to come on.
I guess that was a notation more then a question. Just wondering if the berry is also temperamental concerning light cycles like she is with nute's and H2O ?

Have a great day

hows your berry doing, any pics yet, mine is now growing its second set of leaves, it grew the seeds leaves then the nest set, so now its on the next, plant still has loads of stretch but the growth at the tip has picked up so the stem should fill out a bit now, im getting loads more stretch with the berry bomb than i did with any of my other plants, so hoping it will fill out nicely now the leaves are starting to shoot up a bit

Good evening all,
Was hoping I would have more time today to update, here are a few pics. They have been growing now for 1 week and 2 days.
And they smell amazing...

4_3_.jpg

8320.jpg

9238.jpg

dpp, mine r still stretching a bit, but it is getting better. nutes arrived today so I will let them tell me when it is time. should be good to go with bpn's.

Ah you were referring to vegetative smell. I thought you wanted to know how soon they smell once goes into bloom. I can't tell due to 10 different strains going at the same time. But yes, they do smell wonderful.

Your seedling looks great. Keep the light close like 2inches away for CFL. I recommend using 250w or 400w HPS for flowering it will give the most potency for the strain. Keep a fan near by and allow air to circulate so the leaves don't curl preventing transpiration lost from the CFL being so close.

sounds awesome. they smell already?!!?!?!? they look real healthy btw. You can always just supply a little support for the stretchy ones with a paperclip?

Thanks Deege420,

It has been well over 30 years since I had attempted a grow, this is my 1st Indoor for sure. I really havent done anything except turning the plants to keep them uniform.
Hell Yeah they smell. I noticed for the first time 2 days ago. The aroma is getting heavier. Even my son could smell the perfume before he opened the tent to have a look. I have been trying to keep temps below 76 and mid range humidity. They are not as dark as I would have liked to of seen. I could always get some chlorophyll and water with it, but for now I thing I will leave the experimenting for another day.

Glad to see some interest in my journal and the Berry Bomb.

:high-five:Enjoy

Ah you were referring to vegetative smell. I thought you wanted to know how soon they smell once goes into bloom. I can't tell due to 10 different strains going at the same time. But yes, they do smell wonderful.

Your seedling looks great. Keep the light close like 2inches away for CFL. I recommend using 250w or 400w HPS for flowering it will give the most potency for the strain. Keep a fan near by and allow air to circulate so the leaves don't curl preventing transpiration lost from the CFL being so close.

12/12, Im not sure it is a veg smell. they are just starting to have 4th leaf set beginning to form ?

Thanks for the cudo's, Im trying to keep them happy. One plant has a bit of nute burn, but nothing time will not fix. It was the last to sprout and did not seem like it was doing very good so a couple of diluted drops from a glass dropper. So should I start nutes now or wait another week? I was planning on next Saturday that will be 3 weeks.

I was planning on the hps and mh lighting but something came up, so I will have to wait until next month for payday. I should be fine then.
Thanks for all the help.

:thanks:

You can start feeding now, start at 5ml of each parts and you should see them glow. Then up the strength each passing week. The nute burn is minor. I don't see it hurting the plant too much you can always flush them and start a fresh mix at lower strength.

With coco coir flushing makes it easy to rise the medium clean for a restart. Flushing the medium once a week (end of the week) before starting a higher strength premix will help lower the risk of nute burn/deficiencies.

You'll be using the BPN 3 parts or 2 parts?

Sweet, once you get the MH/HPS they will blow up.

12/12 - TY for all the help. Im sort of brain dead, too much stress working on my son's appeal in Supreme court.

Im using the 3 part system. Am I supposed to use all 3 parts at once? Can I put them all in the same gallon of water or will I need to use each separately in their own gallon of water?
How long will the nutes be good in the gallon of water?

TY

how quick are yourrs growing, why on earth are mine growing so slow, mines just growing its first set of real leaves, this is what i got so far, it grew the small seed leaves, then it grew the single but better shaped leaf and now its growing the next leaf but looking nothing at all like yours.#

why are my plants growing so slow, what am i doing wrong, is it my temps, my lighting schedule, my compost, i just dont get why my plants are having slow growth, i may give up if this keeps happening, i gota figure out why mine are not growing so quick, wonder if its the temp, or because i leave my lights on 24-0,

whats your lighting schedule now and how many and what type of bulbs are you using, i need to get growth like that, surely we planted at same time so we should be at same stage, but mine seem behind yours

how quick are yourrs growing, why on earth are mine growing so slow, mines just growing its first set of real leaves, this is what i got so far, it grew the small seed leaves, then it grew the single but better shaped leaf and now its growing the next leaf but looking nothing at all like yours.#

why are my plants growing so slow, what am i doing wrong, is it my temps, my lighting schedule, my compost, i just dont get why my plants are having slow growth, i may give up if this keeps happening, i gota figure out why mine are not growing so quick, wonder if its the temp, or because i leave my lights on 24-0,

whats your lighting schedule now and how many and what type of bulbs are you using, i need to get growth like that, surely we planted at same time so we should be at same stage, but mine seem behind yours

Dpp,

Im not sure what your problems are with out some pics, even if they are crappy from a phone please post them.

Here is what I did. I germed the seeds for 2-3 days. then carefully planted them in the starter disc's for other plants Just for seedlings starter no nutes. My lights are just grow bulbs and cfl's, I have lights on 24/0, lights were at 2-3 inches above the seedlings. It did not seem like mine were growing outward only stretching upward. I raised the lights to about 7-9 inches, at first it did not seem to matter but I left them in the 7-9 inch range because everything else I tried did not make a difference.

I also was watering every day, 3-4 times daily, but only about 1/8th of a cup of only water. I have a fan blowing directly on them and it was drying out fast. I did not want to move the fan away because they needed to move to strengthen the stems.

The first 3-4 days they sprouted I had the temps in the mid range of 84 degree's which was the indoor temps for the whole house. I did not add any other source of heat. Then we got a cool front move through our area and I just let the temps be what ever the house temp is. The fan blowing 24/0 as well has kept cool air blowing over them. (I think that is why they have the berry aroma so early).

Are yours competing for light with other plants you may have?
What are your temps/ humidity?
What is the compost you have them in?

I just transplanted them 2 days ago, however when I did put them in bigger containers I put the level of medium right upto the round leaf's (to help support) They are continuing to grow upward and still have some stretch but not like before.

I am only watering with Distilled water, I dont know if that is a problem for you or not, but I would rather not mess with the ph of soil or the water so I will just keep them on distilled until the harvest.

If you can I would find a starter medium with no nutrients in it. I was using " Seed starting Jiffy mix" it is very fine but is working out great.

My seeds were very small too. I did not prep the seeds. Just used 2 folded paper towels on a saucer. On the saucer I put 1 paper towel, placed the seeds, Placed the other folded paper towel, added distilled water to saturate and leave some water standing on the seeds. Then I placed a bowl upside down on the saucer. I then put the whole mess on top of a heating pad on LOW and covered it all with a hand towel and waited. Some of the seeds popped within 8 hours so i planted them the next morning.

If you have no nutes in you medium (soil) then take your nute mixture put 1/8th of a teaspoon into 1 pint of water and just give 2-3 small drops of nute mix a bout 1 inch away from the stem. Do not water until the next regular time.

here is what I could find on our strain:
Berry Bomb is a special cross of a hand selected Blueberry mother with the all powerful Bomb #1 father. The result is outstanding; think Blueberry, but bigger yields, more THC and we think a better taste. The influence of our Bomb #1 strain gives Berry Bomb explosive growth while making the strain much easier to grow (both indoors and out) and easier to trim than the original.

Quote "Bomb Seeds - Berry Bomb
Berry Bomb is a unique cross of a hand selected Blueberry mother with the all powerful Bomb #1 father. The result is an outstanding Blueberry like plant, but with bigger yields and more THC. The Bomb #1 father gives Berry Bomb explosive growth while making the strain much easier to grow (both indoors and out). This strain produces a large dominant single kola with strong internodal distances. The characteristic explosive growth makes this an excellent choice for SCROG.

Berry Bomb is perfect for Indoors and outdoors growing. Indoors the plant will stay medium in height but outdoors can bring out the best of the Bomb Seeds genetics. Like most purple/blue strains, Berry Bomb will turn blue under correct conditions (i.e. cooler, lower temperatures at night). It has is a good mould resistance strain and at harvest, buds are super frosty with a sweet berry perfume and taste. Berry Bomb provides a classic indica high and thanks to the indica Blueberry mother you won't get that couchlock feeling."

Here is a chart of dna that makes up the Berry Bomb
Strain Lineage / Genealogy / Family Tree
Berry Bomb »»» Blueberry x Bomb #1

Blueberry F2
Blueberry Line F1
»»» Temple Flo x HTAF F1
Temple Flo F3
Floral Line
»»» Purple Thai x Afghani
Purple Thai
»»» H.O.G. x Chocolate Thai
H.O.G.
Mexico »»» Sativa
Chocolate Thai
Thailand »» Sativa
Afghani
Afghanistan Probably Indica »»» Indica
HTAF F1
»»» Thailand x Afghani F1
Thailand »»» Sativa
Afghani (specified above)
Bomb #1
Unknown Strain
End Quote"

My plants seem to enjoy more water then a person would expect is too much water.

Hopes this helps somewhat. get some pics and you can post here if you like, I'd like to see what stage yours are in, Good luck time for dinner I sill need my nutes too. LOL

Please do not post your numbers online. Being anonymous is very important on this site to help protect you. You can send me PM about my question when you reach 50 posts, no rush whenever you reach it. The matter is not urgent. To edit your post look on the bottom right hand corner of your post for "edit" and remove your #.

done

ill post some pics in morning, its 1:53am here, so ill take some pics in a few hours and put them up, but mine looks really healthy a nice green, not to dark but not to light, its only grown the little round seed leaves then the next set have grown now and its on the third set, or 2nd if your only counting the leaves that are shaped like normal leaves.

ive turned my fan off as my temps where 70f and just below that, but with the fan on the leaves this would of took the temp down due to the wind chill factor, so for the next few hours till i check again in morning ill leave the fan off and if temps at the tops of my plants are above 70 but below 85 then ill leave fan off till the temp picks up, which it will as im coming in to summer here so temps will pick up a bit so ill need fans and also carbon filter which im planning on making,

my plants are not fighting for light and their all kept at the same height be raising the smaller pots, what i have noticed is that im using a bigger pot for my berry than the cups your using and all ready i can see loads of roots at the bottom of the pot so maybe it needs putting in bigger pots soon.

as for the compost i got it drains very fast and the top half inch dries quick due to the fan, so now the fans off it should stay moist, humidity as always been around 50% so all i think it can be is the temp, im not going to water my bigger plants till i see by the leaves that they need it, then start again with nutes and see what happens.

ill post some pics in morning and let you know when their up,
i cant see what else it can be, im hoping my blue planet products will boost the plants but its clearing customs and its bank holiday till tuesday so not sure when it will be here, sometime next week,

ill just keep an eye on temps and check its not going to high, ill put some pics up and see what you think

you know your grow light the 65watt, is it a cfl light, and are you using 6500kelvin cfls while veggin, is it worth me putting a couple of 2700k cfls in with the 6500k bulbs to broaden the spectrum, im running 4x 30watt 6500k cfls at the moment,

dpp,

Glad you turned off the fan. Your's have been cooler then I have mine. been trying to maintain above 76 on them. Our humidity is moderate to high most of the time. So I dont keep track of the humidity or the ph either from the medium or the water. The fewer the variables the better, less to wonder about.

If yours are just now getting the first set of 3 they should begin coming around soon. Raising the temps a bit could only help, but not too much we dont want to cause more problems.

I just got the cups that size because for 1 they are paper not plastic and the round seedling disc was just the right size and allowed for some protection from the fan at such a tender plant. Dont know that pot size is that important , so much as other conditions.

yes the grow bulb is florescent and 65 watts with the light barrier removed. It doesnt put as much heat out as the flood designed grow light. I'll see about posting some pics of the lights Im using currently. But It likely will be later in the day. I've got tons of legal papers to format. And just for the sake of mentioning I am not an attorney. I just know a few things.

I have no idea of how much Kelvin Im using never looked at the bulb. It is a full spectrum grow/aquarium light about 2 feet long.

hope it helps

twelve12,

I wish I was already in bloom. They are only 1 & 1/2 weeks old almost.
Should they already smell amazing?
Ive not even considered vegin' them yet. Trying to wait for them all to catch up with each other or close to it. Still have them on 24/0 light.

The information on the strain says explosive growth in bloom, I would like to see them have a bit more root formation and stabilized a week or so especially since I just trans planted them.

The roots were just starting to breach the sides of the material holding the medium stable, so no root bound here.

I do have a question for you.
Why in the world is one of my plants look funny at the point of new leaf's emerging? It should be uniform with the opposite leaf's however 1 of the leaf's looks to be missing. It looks like a stick person head arms raised and legs spread apart. It is on the second set of the 3 leaf part. I might be able to get pics. Right now all I have is my phone.

later

As promised here is my only plant that is weird.not sure what to make of this, anyone have an idea?
I have not topped these.
It appears to be missing the main center leaf. How unusual. I cant get as close as I would like to. i placed the paper towel under the area to help it stand out.

Any one know why this one plant is defective? needless to say this will not be a mother plant.

2_3_2.jpg

seagem Flip them after 1 month of veg if you like. Yes, dank strains produce a special fragrance during veg it stinks which is a positive sign. Keep the odor control going so the whole block don't invite themselves over for a smoke party. And once in bloom they will produce stronger aroma. You're using 24/0 for veg? Try GLR, 12on - 5.5off - 1on - 5.5off - repeat. The plant growth rate increases, saves you electricity cost, keep the room cool, and still get healthy, robust plants. Have a read on GLR.

It looks like genetic deformation, or that the light is more on one side (i see the shadow cast which means the light isn't directly above) and the leaf will grow bigger towards the light vs the shadow side. Either way, keep the plant evenly lid and you should be ok. Even if it is genetic there is no way of telling if it will effect yield and potency. Keep it and see what will happen. The important thing is the plant is very healthy.

Back
Top Bottom