Besides mason jars what type of jar or containers can be used to cure?

No offence taken my skin is thin when it comes to studies that contradict what is self proven to me. Thanks for the OK to keep on keepen on. I think the original question was what OTHER than glass could be used, is there a slight smell of piety in the air??? This reminds me of some coffee house debate I seen and joined in on. PEASE and LOVE To share is to care...

well the original question was besides mason jars but thanks for stoping by :peace:

I was told turkey basting bags worked great for curing large amounts. No one wants to have to stuff and rotate 2 dozen mason jars.
I take that back... I want to stuff and rotate 2 dozen mason jars lol

xmas13.jpg

anyone ever try them?

I was told turkey basting bags worked great for curing large amounts. No one wants to have to stuff and rotate 2 dozen mason jars.
I take that back... I want to stuff and rotate 2 dozen mason jars lol

xmas13.jpg

anyone ever try them?

This is why I stuff and rotate 1 gallon glass jars :) But I may give the turkey bags a go at least for initial curing it makes moving the buds around easier. Thanks for the heads up.

I like this idea of using jars for the cure. This is my first grow and I'm trying to practice with a male that I pulled. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I had another male that I put inside a paper bag, but it dried really fast and got crispy.

This time I've hung the branches inside a box with the top open and a fan nearby, it's now the 3rd day and some of the smaller branches are pretty dry. I just put them in a mason jar. Should I put the jar in the fridge? It's really hot here now and the place is about 80 degrees and pretty humid.

I also covered most of the top of the box today to try and slow down the curing of the larger branches, they're still pretty moist. If I understand correctly when they get somewhat drier I should put them in jars too. Then I should open the jars for a few hours a day?

I'd really appreciate any tips on how I should proceed, or links to other threads that cover this. I've read the sticky on how to cure plants but I'm still somewhat unsure. Thanks.

thanks budz i thought it would hold less so i might just buy a few quart sized jars.

Anyone else who know of anything else that can be used other than mason jars please share so other who read this wont have to ask the samething
I get my jars at Walmart. I believe they are less than $10 each with a sealable lid, with a bail on it. I believe they are one gallon jars. I was getting about 160 grams in each container filling them to where the neck starts.

I used some Tupperware

Easier for me to grab nugs.

I cure in qt. glass canning jars (wide mouth!), then I transfer into this ceramic container for everyday use. A woman up in Humboldt Co. used to hand make these. The nob on top of the lid turns, and seals the jar. They'd be too pricey to get a bunch of them, but one is just perfect and looks great.

IMG_2136.JPG

Back
Top Bottom