Best budget lights for keeping mother plants, seedlings & propagation

Fluorescent may be a good option if you don't want to pay the money for a quality LED fixture.
Hi, the quality LED Light I'll be getting 'still mulling that over' will be only for flowering my 4ft x 4ft flower room. Using a 600 hps atm, but need a veg only light for the perpetual growing. As long as it does a good job but MH and HPS are too hot to use

Fluorescent might be good if you can keep the plants /cuttings or whatever close to it. A 4 foot long fixture with enough tubes would cover your area pretty well. Not sure how that compares to a couple small boards from say @Budget LED they may be able to recommend something that is probably better quality light for a few more dollars.

Hi there all, looking for best budget or near too it grow Lights for keeping mother plants, seedlings and propagation for a 2ft x 5ft grow area any suggestion welcomed thanks
Mars hydro is decent they are a sponsor here and you can get a discount too

Please check out our Sponsors. Many have discounts for 420 Magazine members, and all are reputable companies.

Please help support those who support us.

For veg only, the most cost-effective option will probably be a T5HO fixture, I used a 6 bulb fixture in a 2x4x5 tent for years as a clone/veg light.

I recommend Mars Hydro SP250 to you, It's a full spectrum led, and the veg spectrum of SP250 is very good, which let the plants to grow quickly and flourish during the growth stage. We also provide 420 members exclusive discount code "420magazine", you can use it on Mars Hydro official website: www.mars-hydro.com

On one side of my 4x4ft veg tent, for my mother and starts from clone and seed, I run a 4-foot, 3-lamp T5HO (90Watts) fixture above a 2-foot, 2-lamp (50Watts) fixture. On the other side, a couple of height adjustable tables under a small LED lamp, which I leave off when starting new batches of clones, and turn on when they are rooted, and also for vegged plants to get them used to increased light intensity a week before transfering them to the 5x5 for flowering. Eventually, I'll move the 2' T5 fixture to the other side and add a few more mothers under the 4' T5. This setup gives me flexibility to grow and hold plants of various strains, controlling their growth rates with different light intensities at all stages of propagation and vegging
20200411_083708.jpg
20200411_085803.jpg

I've also implemented the 12on-5.5off-1on-5.5off lighting schedule, which maintains vegging while saving 25% on lighting power consumption (13on-11off), compared to conventional 18on-6off vegging schedule, with no change in growth rate.. in fact, the plants are showing signs of being healthier than ever.. as they are not being 'forced' by what amounts to be an unnatural day length (18hrs constant light) that turns out to be unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom