Best organic wetting agent?

pointer80

Hello all, I am getting ready to apply some potassium bicarbonate to my outdoor grow for mold/mildew preventative and was wondering what is recommended for a wetting agent? In the past I have used natural dish soap but they are just starting to go into flower and didn’t know if there was something better to use. Thanks all

aloe or yucca are commonly used in the cannabis world
Would this aloe juice work or do you need aloe gel? Thanks

8B949CF3-D1EB-4CB1-947F-0BB9D1A6F7EA.png

yes... smell it first. If it smells bad, throw it out. If it smells good, then assume they just want you to throw it out and buy new. Keep in mind too that warning is for people who are ingesting the stuff.
Thanks. One thing that worries me is it has 20 mg of sodium?

There is salt in all of our synthetic nutes and a lot more than you are going to get in an application of this, which should be at around 1 tablespoon per gallon. Also note that it also contains silica and various amino acids, the good will outweigh the bad. Why is there a need for a wetting agent anyway? A quick pre-water of the surface of your containers will break the surface tension and allow for good absorption from that point forward... wetting agents are not really needed. I use aloe for several reasons other than it being a wetting agent.

There is salt in all of our synthetic nutes and a lot more than you are going to get in an application of this, which should be at around 1 tablespoon per gallon. Also note that it also contains silica and various amino acids, the good will outweigh the bad. Why is there a need for a wetting agent anyway? A quick pre-water of the surface of your containers will break the surface tension and allow for good absorption from that point forward... wetting agents are not really needed. I use aloe for several reasons other than it being a wetting agent.
I was going to do a foliar spray with potassium bicarbonate and thought I would incorporate a wetting agent to get better adhesion to the leaves and less run off. Thanks

I was going to do a foliar spray with potassium bicarbonate and thought I would incorporate a wetting agent to get better adhesion to the leaves and less run off. Thanks
hmm.. I would think that making the solution "wetter" would just allow it to slide off easier. I suggest basic foliar application science instead... do your spraying just before lights out, when the stomata are wide open and the leaves are ready to take in the foliar feeding. Go for instant absorption rather than having something sit on the leaves and hoping it will be absorbed. Timing is everything.

Hello all, I am getting ready to apply some potassium bicarbonate to my outdoor grow for mold/mildew preventative and was wondering what is recommended for a wetting agent? In the past I have used natural dish soap but they are just starting to go into flower and didn’t know if there was something better to use. Thanks all
Aloe Vera gel mix with water dilute 10:1 or more.

For mold and PM try wetable sulfur and foliar on. It will adsorb into the plants leaves and the plants get a boost of Sulfur which is considered by many the 4th major macro-nutrient. This will work for you outdoors. I only spray 1x in VEG. Now is a good time.

GL

Back
Top Bottom