Best scope to see tricomes?

giezzi92

how much do i need to zoom to see tricomes for harvest?

i'm unsure betweenm the 2, one is 60x (the right one)

the other is both x60 and x120

Attachments

• 2020-10-19 16_35_49-The Best Magnifying Glass For Trichomes In 2020 _ by GrowLights _ Medium.png
    2020-10-19 16_35_49-The Best Magnifying Glass For Trichomes In 2020 _ by GrowLights _ Medium.png
    361.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 2020-10-19 16_36_02-KIMILAR Microscopio Tascabile 60X, Microscopio Portatile Led, Lente Ingran...png
    2020-10-19 16_36_02-KIMILAR Microscopio Tascabile 60X, Microscopio Portatile Led, Lente Ingran...png
    238.9 KB · Views: 101
either will work but more magnification is always better.

There is smartphone app called magnifier, uses your on board camera and software algorithm to convert to digital microscope - I’ve never used it myself but seems to do the trick based on comments here

The problem with any scope is you can‘t hold it still enough to view the subject matter, it will help to snip a small section of side calyx then prop the phone for stability in order to do the scoping or photography.

either will work but more magnification is always better.

There is smartphone app called magnifier, uses your on board camera and software algorithm to convert to digital microscope - I’ve never used it myself but seems to do the trick based on comments here

The problem with any scope is you can‘t hold it still enough to view the subject matter, it will help to snip a small section of side calyx then prop the phone for stability in order to do the scoping or photography.
which app specifically? there is a lot....

Ok Northern if you have any can you drop a good set of trich pics down please sir?

Let the op see what it should look like.... I have an old school analog pocket scope so no pics possible

all I’ve heard is magnifier it’s a digital microscope app

here is link, scroll thru several posts on this page, some are too distant but a few are perfect Random 420 harvest pics

I downloaded the "magnifier" app and it will take close enough pics of trichomes to see whats what and its free. Wont be enough for hemp mites but prolly be able to see spider mites, thrips and aphids if you dont know what the damage looks like.

I downloaded the "magnifier" app and it will take close enough pics of trichomes to see whats what and its free. Wont be enough for hemp mites but prolly be able to see spider mites, thrips and aphids if you dont know what the damage looks like.
really? what's it called, i tried 2 magnifier apps but they are not that good even on phones with good cams

Ok Northern if you have any can you drop a good set of trich pics down please sir?

Let the op see what it should look like.... I have an old school analog pocket scope so no pics possible

all I’ve heard is magnifier it’s a digital microscope app

here is link, scroll thru several posts on this page, some are too distant but a few are perfect Random 420 harvest pics

its Mrs.:ganjamon:
05D28F07-4B20-4FBD-9114-440633FCC6A3.jpeg
CEE94EF3-8D43-4D65-8532-32783C13DAFD.jpeg
05D28F07-4B20-4FBD-9114-440633FCC6A3.jpeg
CEE94EF3-8D43-4D65-8532-32783C13DAFD.jpeg
A2884DC1-D4B1-4E9B-8211-C6799C2FF10B.jpeg

Thanks Mrs N-Hydro and apologies on that! Now that’s what I’m talking about. You can clearly see colors, the stalks and whether the head glands are small, swollen or popped open

92 - That’s the level of detail you want, I’m not that precise with my pocket scope but I’ve seen enough over past harvests to know and to get it right.

Whatever you decide...

Thanks Mrs N-Hydro and apologies on that! Now that’s what I’m talking about. You can clearly see colors, the stalks and whether the head glands are small, swollen or popped open

92 - That’s the level of detail you want, I’m not that precise with my pocket scope but I’ve seen enough over past harvests to know and to get it right.

Whatever you decide...
I ordered the x60 x120 scope, as soon as i get it i'll report :)

ive got this cheapie and can see trichs, mites, eggs, but yeah it was funny when I tried to view trichs while standing over plant got dizzy - nearly puked on my shoes then figured to snip leaves or bud calyx. just remember when scoping for pests or eggs to check both sides of leaves, pretty freaky to see how minuscule they are.

That’s what I like about the wireless one . Your eyes can be on your phone beside you anywhere ....all you have to do is focus the scope and take the pic ..easily done one handed .
I found it too frustrating To live view anything where The scope has to literally be on the plant and then look thru it ...especially when it hits the sticky stage ..
easier for me to manipulate the scope, than my head haha

I need to upgrade but I keep telling myself not until I get more beans, I’ve been dragging my feet on that for months. I still have a few left but dang this is an expensive hobby, past time, habit whatevs weed is not addictive but growing sure is

ohh I get it $$. hahaha. I’m certainly not growing my medicine for any profit hahaha .but now that the initial costs are over it is a lot cheaper than paying for expensive subpar gov’t rec weed

that scope is on sale right now ..$40 usually $60 I think
just in case you got a Santa that monitors your amazon wish list .
namaste !

damn it, x60 is way too much i struggle to get a clear picture. all the bud i have has what seems to me clear tricomes, hardd too tell idk. its really hard to focus this thing

i took a few pics... the issue is that i cant tell if they are clear or cloudy because when i dont focus properly they look cloudy, so idk if im not focusing well or if its cloudy imgur.com
@Northern Hydro @013

im gonna buy the x40 one

I can see some think it’s not focused properly
it seems like x60 is too much and won't let me focus, i bought another one, x60 too but it's more adjustable so i can get some distance from the flower, we will see ....

the issue is, the bud is not even, even by pressing it down there is tall and low spots, and its almost impossible to focus both

Back
Top Bottom