Best way to use high CBN buds for insomnia

Whitebeach

Hi All,
Got some 3 year old buds (CBD Crew) that should now be high in CBN now. What is the best way to use this for insomnia (besides just smoking it)? I don't have a lot of it (maybe an once) so need to know that best way to make it go a long way and the best way to be the most effective.

I find the best way, at least for me is to make a Tincture using EverClear 195. I use the freezer method and it is complete in about 3-4 days. After I run the tincture I evaporate it down to the strength that I like - generally about 20 mg/ml and dispense at 1/2 ml at bedtime.

It takes a little trial and error to figure out what dosage best works for you. I have been able to get off of Lunestra by use of my JuJu juice.

Thanks Troy, however I am in Australia so no Everclear can you suggest an alternative and what is the freezer method?

Is vaporization an option? That's probably the most efficient way of using cannabis, seconded by smoking it. Edibles are one of the least efficient.

Though this is all when talking about THC. I'm not really sure what the vaporization point of CBN would be, or if it's more readily absorbed via digestion vs THC, but typically speaking pretty much any compound is going to enter your bloodstream faster via the respiratory system. Vaporization is just more efficient than smoking because you can typically make the same amount of material last longer.

I know some people from Australia, they're big on mixing their weed into tobacco to stretch it out, and so I reckon you could do the same. Or if you're not into that, just apply the same concept but mix it into fresher weed. I bet you THC + CBN would take care of that insomnia pretty fast.

I've read that edibles are better because of the long slow effect during the night.
Oh I see, I was assuming that you just needed something to help you get to sleep, not keep you asleep.

I'm not sure what kind of liquor is available in Australia, but if you can find something in the 75-90% (150 to 190 proof) range then that will be best to make a tincture. I

Thanks Troy, however I am in Australia so no Everclear can you suggest an alternative and what is the freezer method?

You can use the highest alcohol content available to you. I have heard some use Bacardi 151 Proof Rum might be a nice flavor.

I googled and they say to go to EBay Australia and search Spirytus it is 95% ethanol pure alcohol. The higher the alcohol the easier it is to extract the medication. The one problem with a high alcohol content is if you take it sublingual it can burn quite a bit. My spouse enjoys me just squirting .5 ml in a glass of wine.

It will take about one hour to kick in and up to 2 hours to fully kick in. What's nice about tincture is you sleep well and if you awaken you fall back to sleep pretty easy. It keeps my find starting to go into overdrive.

Great directions at this link - unfortunately the pictures were blown away when PhotoBucket pulled the plug on free hosting. It is my favorite way of making it.

Green Giant Tincture

Is vaporization an option? That's probably the most efficient way of using cannabis, seconded by smoking it. Edibles are one of the least efficient.

Though this is all when talking about THC. I'm not really sure what the vaporization point of CBN would be, or if it's more readily absorbed via digestion vs THC, but typically speaking pretty much any compound is going to enter your bloodstream faster via the respiratory system. Vaporization is just more efficient than smoking because you can typically make the same amount of material last longer.

I know some people from Australia, they're big on mixing their weed into tobacco to stretch it out, and so I reckon you could do the same. Or if you're not into that, just apply the same concept but mix it into fresher weed. I bet you THC + CBN would take care of that insomnia pretty fast.

Vaping can be nice but I find it difficult for dosing to be used as a sleeping aid and to stay asleep. The proper dose for me to extend sleep is just a tad bit below the dosage where you get a stony feeling. If I get too strong of a dosage I get a nice high but keeps my mind active and can't sleep until it burns off a little. It also doesn't seem to stay in my system all night.

Another nice way to dose is with edibles like gummy bears, chocolates etc. I have also made some potent sugar pills (tutorial is in my signature). My current batch I made too strong so I may need to open them up and put them in a smaller capsule or dilute down with additional sugar.

Hey Whitebeach.....for me, smoking in a bong is the most economical way for me to get to sleep. You could make oil, but I find it takes more buds to get the oil to where I want it. Are you growing at all now? Trying to gauge how long you need to make that ounce last.

Back
Top Bottom