Bgsixx's 2x4 Grow Lab, Different Strains, Lots Of Pics

went ahead and dimmed lights in auto tent, the 2 autos in 1 pot are starting to yellow a little. kinda like big auto. speaking of her shes gonna live a few more days. looking at lower buds didnt feel they were ready. did take a few branches i thought were done. had ppfd at 1000-1200 for closest buds and at 700-900 for canopy. so lowered to about 800 for tallest and 600 for canopy. Ive always heard autos dont like intense light. my mistake. wont happen again.

Little burn don't hurt. Not like the ol' ups days. Buds would get all lank and crusty. Lol I've had good success doing multi harvests in the past. Like chip half the plant and let lowers bulk for a couple weeks. That shit works good. A lot of things I think nobody does because it might not look the sexiest online, on the gram n shit. Lol. But overall, is more beneficial to a growers personal needs. IMO

Pistil have started changing on flowering gals. That usually means the swelling has started. Need these bitches to eat. That top dress should be hitting them about now. Good timing.

Went ahead and chopped big auto she was done at 57 days. Was gonna let her go a few more but she just looks ready for me to smoke her ass. Also dimned lights for other 3 autos and clones. Starting to see some stress on them.

Also been looking into making my own fem seeds. Been doing a lil research, and learned it doesnt take a lot of room, its pretty easy, and its cheap. The only purchase is colliodal silver and thats pretty cheap. Sounds like fun too. I can do it!!!!

Ok so the banana purple punch is down, dried, and laid to the side(curing)!!! She yielded 59 grams, a lil over 2ozs. Not too bad, i guessed 1.5 so im satisfied. And my preliminary thoughts after smoking 1 blunt yesterday before work and just sparked one up and smoked half. I like it alot, taste like fruit punch on inhale and spices on exhale, somehow that taste good? It leaves a coating of flavor on inside of mouth. Nice smoke.8/10 And the high is immediately straight to the back of the medulla oblongata!!! Nice high as i type this, i feel very relaxed. Took a couple pics.

Gonna do day 42 flowering tent update tonight when lights come on. Will slightly defoliate them, pull them out and snap a few pics. Might switch them around a lil.
IMG_20240205_181734758.jpg
IMG_20240205_181724939.jpg
IMG_20240205_181506734.jpg
IMG_20240205_181454150.jpg
IMG_20240205_181449687.jpg
IMG_20240205_181447408.jpg
IMG_20240205_181441705.jpg

IMG_20240205_181441816.jpg

IMG_20240205_181411772.jpg

Little burn don't hurt. Not like the ol' ups days. Buds would get all lank and crusty. Lol I've had good success doing multi harvests in the past. Like chip half the plant and let lowers bulk for a couple weeks. That shit works good. A lot of things I think nobody does because it might not look the sexiest online, on the gram n shit. Lol. But overall, is more beneficial to a growers personal needs. IMO
I think your right about that chop the tops off and let bottom ripen up more. But I'm handcuffed right now on space. Gotta keep this grow contained to this one room right now. But if i had a good separate space to dry, i would definitely do it. I chop the whole plant down to try to slow the dry down. I don't do the gram shit, was thinking about trying YouTube, but im too lazy right now to get into that. Maybe when i retire. These forums is about all the extra work i want in my life right now. Growing, fishing, spending time with old lady, and working, is all i have time for right now. But one day i will start a youtube channel. Just wanna get better at growing great bud for myself. And by the way you were right about lights being too much for those autos, dimmed the lights and now other one that was affected, looks my much better. And is growing again. So thanks bro. I also think the coco had something to do with it too, so im ditching the coco. Might mix a little in the soil when i amend.

Day 42 flowering
Babes are getting sticky and swollen!!! Not much happening, just been watering with plain water. Next dry out they'll get recharge. Did a small defoliation, but they look alright to me so I'll just remove the leaves that block light. Still the gsc isnt really impressive to me, but the frost factor is a 10. And she is my tallest plant at 30 inches. And the buds are dense. In fact all 3 plants have dense nugs, so far.
The og is flopping all over the place already, couldn't even get it out of tent w/o damage. So just left it in, tried to stake up a lil. In hindsight probably should've taken a few more budsites at 1st defoliation. I think shes gonna be the biggest yielder outta the 3.
Pics

IMG_20240205_234518278~2.jpg

IMG_20240205_234454175~2.jpg

IMG_20240205_234408624~2.jpg

IMG_20240205_234055486~2.jpg

IMG_20240205_234032184~2.jpg

IMG_20240205_233742529~2.jpg

IMG_20240206_001656408_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240206_001651162_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240206_001642998_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240206_001640125_HDR.jpg

Looking at the og, shes the only one im worried about getting mold on. Her budsites are very close and bunched up, but only leaves are touching so that's a plus. And humidity being in the 30s helps too. But im still keeping a eye out for anything suspicious. She's also very frosty, but for some reason pics don't show it. But she's greasy af.

Ok so the banana purple punch is down, dried, and laid to the side(curing)!!! She yielded 59 grams, a lil over 2ozs. Not too bad, i guessed 1.5 so im satisfied. And my preliminary thoughts after smoking 1 blunt yesterday before work and just sparked one up and smoked half. I like it alot, taste like fruit punch on inhale and spices on exhale, somehow that taste good? It leaves a coating of flavor on inside of mouth. Nice smoke.8/10 And the high is immediately straight to the back of the medulla oblongata!!! Nice high as i type this, i feel very relaxed. Took a couple pics.

Gonna do day 42 flowering tent update tonight when lights come on. Will slightly defoliate them, pull them out and snap a few pics. Might switch them around a lil.
IMG_20240205_181734758.jpg
IMG_20240205_181724939.jpg
IMG_20240205_181506734.jpg
IMG_20240205_181454150.jpg
IMG_20240205_181449687.jpg
IMG_20240205_181447408.jpg
IMG_20240205_181441705.jpg

IMG_20240205_181441816.jpg

IMG_20240205_181411772.jpg
Nice nuggets!.

I think your right about that chop the tops off and let bottom ripen up more. But I'm handcuffed right now on space. Gotta keep this grow contained to this one room right now. But if i had a good separate space to dry, i would definitely do it. I chop the whole plant down to try to slow the dry down. I don't do the gram shit, was thinking about trying YouTube, but im too lazy right now to get into that. Maybe when i retire. These forums is about all the extra work i want in my life right now. Growing, fishing, spending time with old lady, and working, is all i have time for right now. But one day i will start a youtube channel. Just wanna get better at growing great bud for myself. And by the way you were right about lights being too much for those autos, dimmed the lights and now other one that was affected, looks my much better. And is growing again. So thanks bro. I also think the coco had something to do with it too, so im ditching the coco. Might mix a little in the soil when i amend.
You and I are in the same boat. Lol. I'm 41, got 3 kids, one just moved out with her pink ass b friend. Lol. Fuckin work and spend little time I have with my plants and family. About all a guy can do now days. I'd say you're already growing some good ass smoke! Shit looks fire bro.

Looking at the og, shes the only one im worried about getting mold on. Her budsites are very close and bunched up, but only leaves are touching so that's a plus. And humidity being in the 30s helps too. But im still keeping a eye out for anything suspicious. She's also very frosty, but for some reason pics don't show it. But she's greasy af.
I've never had mold problems indoors, even in higher humidity. Defoliating definitely helps. Some good airflow too. I think she'll be fine. They all look good as hell. I threw som OG seeds in that pack. There should be some floppers in there. Lol as of today I still haven't sent them yet. My bad. They're in my bag ready to go, just need to get to the P.O. lol

You and I are in the same boat. Lol. I'm 41, got 3 kids, one just moved out with her pink ass b friend. Lol. Fuckin work and spend little time I have with my plants and family. About all a guy can do now days. I'd say you're already growing some good ass smoke! Shit looks fire bro.
Yeah we are about the same, except I'm 13 years older(be 55 this year), have 5 kids that are all grown and out the house at the moment, yeah I got my youngest still in and out with her punk ass bf too. They live with his mama, ole bitch ass!!! I got 2 boys and 3 girls. No grandkids yet. My oldest son(32) just got married so he might be trying.

Yeah work was keeping me busy with ot, but now its died down so I have much more time on my hands.

Yeah man the growing is a necessity for me, and this lil hobby is turning into my favorite. Want to get a 4x4 setup, but that'll have to wait until bonus time, unless spider farmer wants to throw a sponsorship my way. LOL that type shit never happens to me!!!

the banana purple punch smokes great man wish i couldve cloned it. and it smells like a funky fruit punch in the jar. shit dried quick so had to use the old fan leaf trick. Shes at 60% humidity now. Not using boveda packs this time, heard they rob bud of terps. So gonna do a test to see. On this next harvest coming up.

Yeah we are about the same, except I'm 13 years older(be 55 this year), have 5 kids that are all grown and out the house at the moment, yeah I got my youngest still in and out with her punk ass bf too. They live with his mama, ole bitch ass!!! I got 2 boys and 3 girls. No grandkids yet. My oldest son(32) just got married so he might be trying.

Yeah work was keeping me busy with ot, but now its died down so I have much more time on my hands.

Yeah man the growing is a necessity for me, and this lil hobby is turning into my favorite. Want to get a 4x4 setup, but that'll have to wait until bonus time, unless spider farmer wants to throw a sponsorship my way. LOL that type shit never happens to me!!!

the banana purple punch smokes great man wish i couldve cloned it. and it smells like a funky fruit punch in the jar. shit dried quick so had to use the old fan leaf trick. Shes at 60% humidity now. Not using boveda packs this time, heard they rob bud of terps. So gonna do a test to see. On this next harvest coming up.
My trick when they dry too fast, first, dry in a cardboard box. Hard to do whole plant chop, but whole branches hang nice with a good sized bax. A paper bag works too. Slows it down quite a bit. I dry trim too....when I trim. Lol. Biggest thing though....after every 12 hours or so, I lightly touch and squeeze a few buds. Usually it takes a few days, but the outside of the bid will get just slightly dry....stems will still be pliable. Throw entire plant into a sealed Tupperware container. For bigger harvests I use a turkey roasting bag, and seal it up. Entire plant with stems and all. Usually over night, or while I'm at work. Next day, or later, check them....they'll be wet again. Either re hang, or leave the container open....depends. but same deal....check again for the crispness on the outside of the buds. Fan leaves should be starting to crisp. Toss back into container....rehydrate, repeat. I do this until the buds basically can be peeled off the stems with that nice little click. After 10 days though, I'll let fully dry to where I like my buds. At this point they go into jars to cure. I don't burp jars or none of that shit. I do check em though frequently....cause like I said, I hate dry ass weed, so it can be tricky to not have too much moisture. Iveinly lost an ounce in the past. Lol. But, even at this point, my stems don't snap. All that bullshit will have your buds dry as hell. Lol.

My trick when they dry too fast, first, dry in a cardboard box. Hard to do whole plant chop, but whole branches hang nice with a good sized bax. A paper bag works too. Slows it down quite a bit. I dry trim too....when I trim. Lol. Biggest thing though....after every 12 hours or so, I lightly touch and squeeze a few buds. Usually it takes a few days, but the outside of the bid will get just slightly dry....stems will still be pliable. Throw entire plant into a sealed Tupperware container. For bigger harvests I use a turkey roasting bag, and seal it up. Entire plant with stems and all. Usually over night, or while I'm at work. Next day, or later, check them....they'll be wet again. Either re hang, or leave the container open....depends. but same deal....check again for the crispness on the outside of the buds. Fan leaves should be starting to crisp. Toss back into container....rehydrate, repeat. I do this until the buds basically can be peeled off the stems with that nice little click. After 10 days though, I'll let fully dry to where I like my buds. At this point they go into jars to cure. I don't burp jars or none of that shit. I do check em though frequently....cause like I said, I hate dry ass weed, so it can be tricky to not have too much moisture. Iveinly lost an ounce in the past. Lol. But, even at this point, my stems don't snap. All that bullshit will have your buds dry as hell. Lol.
Im glad u said something about oven bags. I use them to put dry plants in, that shit works great. And when u open that bag after a day, the smell is awesome!!! Thanks for other tips. Been using damp paper towel method too with great success.

Auto tent update
Dont know how old these gals are but im guessing they are about 3 weeks behind the harvested bpp. Speaking of her, she's getting better by the day, as far as smell and taste go. But the high is strong and long. Half a blunt and im good for 11/2-2 hrs. My kinda shit, too bad it was small.

The other gals are even smaller. But they smell good. The lsd-25 smells like vicks vapo rub to me. Str8 medicine. Been feeding them roots organic, will probably just hit them once more. And then just plain water.

After these autos are done, i will veg the 2 small clones out, take a clone from the gsc im giving to bro. That will be the clone i try to make male pollen with. Will order stuff this week it'll cost around $40-50. If that works ill take that pollen and try it on a couple of branches of both flowering plants. Hopefully I'll get some fem gsc seeds, and some ogxgsc fem seeds. If i do I'll do a run of those seeds asap. Its plan a, but i also have a plan b, which is pop some more seeds. Lol pics of auto tent.
IMG_20240207_094302925_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240207_094316456_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240207_094322998_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240207_094331192_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240207_094349023_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240207_094358253_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240207_094410100_HDR.jpg

Went ahead and harvested one of the autos that was in pot with other gal, im thinking this is the lsd25 auto, with the other plant in the same pot is banana purple punch and the last one in pot by itself is another lsd25.
The one thats harvested smells good af. Cant wait to taste her. Im guessing half ounce, its just four small buds so if i get that ill be very happy. The only good thing about these autos is they finish quick. Im thinking its been about 50 days for these gals. Gonna have to check but now i think ill just throw two more in there but not gonna use buckets, gonna go 5 gallons, wanna try an experiment with one plastic pot and one fabric. I like plastic pots but everybody says fabric is better i dont Believe that. When i go with the fabric pot, I'll put a few inches of perlite on the bottom for aeration to the roots.
Heres a pic of auto i harvested last night.
IMG_20240207_094410100_HDR~2.jpg

Went ahead and harvested one of the autos that was in pot with other gal, im thinking this is the lsd25 auto, with the other plant in the same pot is banana purple punch and the last one in pot by itself is another lsd25.
The one thats harvested smells good af. Cant wait to taste her. Im guessing half ounce, its just four small buds so if i get that ill be very happy. The only good thing about these autos is they finish quick. Im thinking its been about 50 days for these gals. Gonna have to check but now i think ill just throw two more in there but not gonna use buckets, gonna go 5 gallons, wanna try an experiment with one plastic pot and one fabric. I like plastic pots but everybody says fabric is better i dont Believe that. When i go with the fabric pot, I'll put a few inches of perlite on the bottom for aeration to the roots.
Heres a pic of auto i harvested last night.
IMG_20240207_094410100_HDR~2.jpg
Fabric for the win for me. You can water way more often. I still use plastic for starts though. Trying old socks for mini pots. So far they're working.

Fabric for the win for me. You can water way more often. I still use plastic for starts though. Trying old socks for mini pots. So far they're working.
Old socks,lol thats a new one to me.
The 2 things i dont like about fabric pots, is the leaking out of the side of pot when watering, and not being able, well for me anyway, to tie plants down. To flimsy imo. But with my iv watering bags, using one on white widow now, the watering part isn't a problem. Really though i think they both work about the same, especially if you put some perilite, lava rocks or pumice stones on the bottom of pot.

Back
Top Bottom