Big Bomb - CFL Lighting

xanten

good day my fellow growers and weed enthusiasts i am growing 1 plant big bomb from bomb seeds it is a reg seed so i am not sure if it is fem or not ... i had 5 other seed 2 others where regs and 3 where fem but they all did not take i germinated all and planted all and none took in the soil till the last one witch is big bomb i have high hopes for this one and anyway here is the info on the plant i have to work with

Big Bomb
zzz11.jpg

Along with THC Bomb, Big Bomb is our highest yielding strain. A dominant Big Bud mother was carefully crossed with Bomb #1 to deliver a plant with massive yields and increased levels of THC, making Big Bomb an ideal plant for commercial interests. The addition of Bomb #1 produces very high volume, rock hard buds. Outdoors the plant can produce in excess of 1.5kg (3lb+). Big Bomb is very easy to grow well and has very explosive growth potential. The smoke has a strong skunky smell with a long lasting, all round buzz and a classic skunk flavour.

i have my plants under 2 42watt (cfl's)=150w each bulb
light output 2700 lumens soft white light
t4 bulb
temp atm is sitting at 79-81°
water ph at 5.5-6.0

zzz9.png
zzz8.png
[
zzz6.png
zzz7.png
zzz5.png
zzz10.png

over 5 feet high and 3.5 feet wide growroom

all help is welcome so post away my friends always looking for help

DAY 3

sprouted yesterday on day 2
looking good for 3 days

zzz4.png
zzz3.png
zzz2.png

I have them about 3'' away from the lights so to prevent unwanted stretching

Re: Big Bomb from Bomb seeds cfl lighting

2 42w CFL bulbs are not providing nearli enough light for a grow room that size. recommended is 1100-1600 lumens per square foot. just a heads up, it will present a problem later in your grow

you will need the extra light for the veg. im growing in a standard pc case and i have 3 26w CFL bulbs 6" from my plant and its barely growing 3 weeks from sprout and she is still on 4th node

IMO i would put 3 power strips up top and get 3+ bulbs for each strip... you definitely need more light... for veg and flower. these plnts get pretty big in veg...

its based entirely on size of grow space... there really cant be any dark spaces lol when you open it up, you basically want it to look like a little sun in your box. thats what you are doing really, imitating the sun

to give you a better idea, check out my journal or my gallery.. look at my box and the lighting, and THAT is growing my girl slowly

ok.. looks good... im not saying your wrong, just sharing the little experience i have. hopefully your new grow shows the same or better producyion

thanks not saying you where wrong either it really depends on the strain and the type of light you are giving it lol thanks for your info hope you enjoy my grow will be updated every week with pics and info on my grow daily as long as i have the time to post i am also posting my grow in a Journal on (roll it up) under the same name

what wattage's are you running in flower and how big is the space? my AK is now in 3rd week vegging I started it from clone, it seems to have went in the hydro at good timing as it was rooted in soil, and took off very much straight away in the bucket, I use a 250w cfl and have it 1" from the plant top and LST it to level out to give the plant 30,000+ Lux at the bottom and 40,000+ Lux at the top, from my research 30,000+ lux gives the rapid growth... just share some of my findings, she has doubled the branches from 8 to 16 in its second week... first week she only went from 4 to 8, maybe was taking a little time to settle in with the transplant... when I'm happy with her size I be flowering with 2 x 250w and a 125 w in the middle with LST again to give the 30,000+ Lux...

nice little setup by the way, much better than the box I had :thumb:

ok so on day 4 now wish time would move faster lol but all and all she is doing great stem not stretching too much at all tying to keep this one as short as i can keep it also going to be cloning when that time come so ant help on cloning would be greatly appreciated she has the to starter leaves and is now showing signs of the 1st real leaves cant wait. and for the flowering i will have 4 or 5 of the same lights so 150w x 4 or 5

I started with 2x64 watt 2700k cfls, for 8 plants. I later added a 6500k 125w bulb as this spectrum is much better for veg. I'm currently flowering 5 plants with 340 total watts of cfl lighting. I vegged 8 plants using 250 total watts and 128 of those were from 2700k. So two bulbs will grow two plants but I can't tell you what the end result will be yet. Check out my grow in my signature. Subbed and keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom