Birth control pills?

Re: Birth control pills????????????

I have to say, I've heard the same thing! My boys grow commercially for clubs in the Bay as well as SoCal and they use them... Plants grow faster, bigger and the yeilds are heavier! I grew the same strains without and the results were obvious!

No offense, but some of you grow mods need to check things out before shooting down valid methods that work... :cool:
No offence , but you're nuts ...The grow mods have done there jobs . Birth Control pills don't work ! Your boys are blowin smoke up your ass dude .And when you did this , you must have done something else right to get a good grow . Bottom line is B.C. pills don't work . It's a myth dude .

some grow books do mention this..
not sure if its a proven fact or just another myth that needs to be busted..
*the application of birth controll pills into the solution, was meant to boost female to male ratios.. BUT there is not enough evidence or recorded fact(s) to prove /or disprove this.,

;)

I have never tried BC pills b/f but I did find this on a grow guide and thought it might help a bit...

BIRTH CONTROL PILLS
A solution of one pill to one gallon of water has been reported to cause increased growth speed in tomato weed plants. It is possible this will help herb weed plants too. One treatment administered before flowering and one administered a few weeks before harvesting might help the weed plant mature faster.
One grower told a story of the same type of weed plants, one administered the estrogen grew to 20 feet, while the other was 7 feet. This may be purely anecdotal, but it may work. Try it and report back to us on results.

Now I'm not sure if I can put the url up so I won't, unless told otherwise by the mods :cheesygrinsmiley:

that is not an accurate way to make a point. hot dogs do not have hormones like the pill does. bat guano does not have the proteins and essentials we as humans need.
therefore I'm not entirely sure you know much about horticulture. The truth is plant ARE much like humans. they need water, oxygen and minerals and vitamins and nutrients etc. as do we!
plants love music as do we. plants love and need oxygen as do we.
the thing is there are all kinds of additives that plant can take and like...as do we!
you cant compare plants and humans using your statement "People who know absolutely nothing about horticulture think that what's good for a person is good and will have the same results on plants." because for one the "pill" is not naturally intended for consumption by humans either. hence all the controversy about it and it co-insides with abortions. its more like an additive, to help control things. Just like your bloom enhancers.

I am curious to see if this does indeed give any beneficial tendencies. I will do a experimental log here soon.

Alright guys and gals this is my opinion on the matter. I have seen a hundred people do this with varying results, but the general consensus is that it does actually make your buds bigger... I don't want to believe it myself but I have seen it, I'm not sure if it is the plants actually using the Pill, or if it is what the pill turns into, or does to the soil that helps promote the dense buds.... Now, that being said... It's one of those "secrets" COMMERCIAL growers don't put out there cause hell.... I bet they dont even know if it is safe. I WOULD HIGHLY RECCOMEND NOT PUTTING ANY TYPE OF GROWTH HOTMONES INTO YOUR MEDIUM ever! No matter where they come from... That is where bull crap like what we are getting from mansanto and whatnot are coming from..... We can use mother nature to our benefit, but molding her with hormones is like getting a breast reduction.... Both are just slapping god in the face. ;)

some grow books do mention this..
not sure if its a proven fact or just another myth that needs to be busted..
*the application of birth controll pills into the solution, was meant to boost female to male ratios.. BUT there is not enough evidence or recorded fact(s) to prove /or disprove this.,

;)

I know I'm zombie bumping here, but I was just reminiscing about the old days in the 80s before the advent of feminised and auto flowering seeds. I used to grow outdoors all year round in a hot and dry Mediterranean climate and noticed there was always a higher ratio of males to females during the winter. As an experiment one year, I had the crazy notion of trying birth control pills to see if it made any difference.

I crushed up some bc pills in water and used this to soak about 80 seeds before germinating. I must admit I soon forgot about this until I noticed that I had a 100% female population in winter as they began to show their sex and then remembered my little experiment. I know it is only anecdotal evidence, but I had never, even in summer, had 100% females before or since. Coincidence?

Back
Top Bottom