Common Growing Wives tales & Myths

wwilde

I not sure if it has been done before but did a quick forum search here.

Ok let's put them to bed.

Maybe the Wives tales & Myths can be put in the Overgrown FAQ's.

Splitting the stalks/stems and inserting a small piece of
hash causes the buds/colas to double in strength.
Completely breaking stems & branches for stress.
Ripping the tips of fan leaves promotes growth.
Soaking your bud in your favorite alcohol.
Stripping all the fan leaves causes the plants to concentrate all growth and resin production to the buds?
Nail though the main stem (oldey but goody)
Placing 2 "U" Shaped magnets around base of plant is supposed to align nutrients within the plant and help with nutrient uptake.
Birth control pills.
Boiling roots.
Menstrual fluid (Yuk) don't even go there.
Food coloring in the nutrient solution.
Fans blow trichomes off the plant.
Blowing cannabis smoke on your plants will increase yield or potency.
Water curing.
Purple buds are more potent.
Cannabis has no medicinal value.

There are probably plenty more & some may swear by these.

"Soaking your bud in your favorite alcohol."

I thought thats how you made tincitures you soaked it in a high proof alcohol for a couple weeks. strain out the weed which would now be useless and drink the alcohol. Never tried so dont know for a fact but i know I read that cause alcohol is a thc solvent. Please tell me if im wrong on this.

I know smoking with your plants doesn't make a diference but i loved doing it anyways. I didn't blow the smoke on em just sat in the room and watched the grass grow while enjoying a smoke.:cool:

...I know smoking with your plants doesn't make a diference but i loved doing it anyways. I didn't blow the smoke on em just sat in the room and watched the grass grow while enjoying a smoke.:cool:

That's odd. The version I've heard is "Never smoke in the same room as a plant. All plants fear fire and being near burning marijuana scares a plant, causeing it to grow poorly."

menstrual blood in with the weed???? EWWWWW WHO THOUGHT OF THAT?

Hey thats my new strain.. I'm callin it "Red Wings"!

yeah thats nasty....

How about Tampax-47? LOL

"I got this bomb shit today...it's called Red Wings! Dude said it smokes like mad! No seriously, like mad...angry. It also can cause fatigue, cramping, bloating, and constipation but the high gives you wings!"

Hanging your plants upside down creates the buds to soak up more THC... LOL

That's odd. The version I've heard is "Never smoke in the same room as a plant. All plants fear fire and being near burning marijuana scares a plant, causeing it to grow poorly."

I've never heard that before but I have thought of it while sitting in there before. Its prob a good idea not to do it. I dont think it really had an effect but I didn't have anything to compare to so who knows maybe I can send that one to mythbusters. Although I dont think they'll use cannabis. too bad

spraying cokeacola on your buds to make them sticky who comes up with this stuff :cheesygrinsmiley: lmao

Another one my mate said a while back , don't chop your plants up in front of the other plants ( when I was culling the males ) it makes them feel bad lol.

This actually makes a little bit of sense... kinda. In food/flower storage and transportation it is well known that as vegetation "ripens" after picking it releases gasses which encourage the same chemical reaction in nearby vegetation.

People spend a lot of time and money avoiding this when dealing with certain fruits, expensive cut rose's etc.

I trim up in front girls that are still under the light and have never thought of it. I figure that as I dry in a separate area, exposure would be at a minimum.

so has any 1 else herd about people injecting buds with salvia supposedly its pretty dangerous if you smoke to much. what a waste of good medicine

I not sure if it has been done before but did a quick forum search here.

Ok let's put them to bed.

Maybe the Wives tales & Myths can be put in the Overgrown FAQ's.

Splitting the stalks/stems and inserting a small piece of
hash causes the buds/colas to double in strength.
Completely breaking stems & branches for stress.
Ripping the tips of fan leaves promotes growth.
Soaking your bud in your favorite alcohol.
Stripping all the fan leaves causes the plants to concentrate all growth and resin production to the buds?
Nail though the main stem (oldey but goody)
Placing 2 "U" Shaped magnets around base of plant is supposed to align nutrients within the plant and help with nutrient uptake.
Birth control pills.
Boiling roots.
Menstrual fluid (Yuk) don't even go there.
Food coloring in the nutrient solution.
Fans blow trichomes off the plant.
Blowing cannabis smoke on your plants will increase yield or potency.
Water curing.
Purple buds are more potent.
Cannabis has no medicinal value.

There are probably plenty more & some may swear by these.
I hate being the asshole who always has to correct things but a couple of those listed have merit in the grow world.
1) Stress like a nail through the stalk or the breaking of a branch can have a effect we desire on our plants. It creates stress in the plant and as a reaction some pplants are known to produce more resin in a defense mechinism. indians used to use the nail in the stalk method a lot. I don't agree with it but do know that some stress at the correct times can increase yield and resin content. I also don't recommend anyone trying the stess method.
2) The magnets....well when I owned a small grow site there were a few extreme experimenters. A few from australia were trialing a new device for soil and hydro growers and it the growing method was termed quantumponics. It utilizes magnets and a electrical charge. The company that used to make the systems is no longer in production due to some reasonn or another. Here is a link to their site. It doesn't show much info and a search didn't bring up a lot of info but I saw pictures and read some astonishing grow reports from some using basically...magnets.

Back
Top Bottom