Black African Magic

Flowering starts in 7-9 weeks (i checked repeatedly and am assured this is correct
That really depends if it's an auto or photoperiod seed. If photo, you determine when to flower by changing light schedules, at least indoors.

Continued reading on watering
Come check out #SIP Club (link in my sig). Perfect watering every time since the plant waters itself. You get healthier, happier, and larger plants with less effort.

Pruning/Topping (can these be used for clones?)
If they are large enough they can be. I'm partial to training with Quadlining (link in my sig)

Curing

Drying
You've got those in reverse order, but well get you sorted when the time comes.

Does anyone think 82 would be too hot?
Actually, it's perfect.

And, welcome to :420:

That really depends if it's an auto or photoperiod seed. If photo, you determine when to flower by changing light schedules.

Come check out #SIP Club (link in my sig). Perfect watering every time since the plant waters itself. You get healthier, happier, and larger plants with less effort.

If they are large enough they can be. I'm partial to training with Quadlining (link in my sig)

You've got those in reverse order, but well get you sorted when the time comes.

Actually, it's perfect.

And, welcome to :420:
Yo yo 🤙🏻🤙🏻

This is why I quickly loved this forum, thanks for the response 🤙🏻

Good point in I decide when flowering happens. So really they mean “the plant should be healthy and large enough to flower in 7/9 weeks”. My BAM seeds are Photo so this will switch to 12/12. PD and OG I am not sure as they were bags seeds…basically used those to practice germination and seedling stages.

Been reading the SIP page, pretty awesome, lots of info. Definitely something I need to get up to speed on.

Definitely want to learn how to use my prunes to clone these

Yeah, realized I typed Drying/Curing backwards after I posted 🤨

What is the max temp I should let them experience? I can easily get 82/72, however, I think I could get 85/75 even easier. I am also about to work on pumping moisture in so I have constant 55%. I feel like the higher temps will help keep humidity if the plants can handle it?

Thank you so much 🤙🏻

G & P

Good point in I decide when flowering happens. So really they mean “the plant should be healthy and large enough to flower in 7/9 weeks”. My BAM seeds are Photo so this will switch to 12/12.
The plant will be mature enough to flower once it starts growing with alternating nodes as opposed to opposite nodes.

After that point you can flip immediately or continue in veg for a while. If you keep going in veg your plants, and therefore your harvest, will be larger.

Many tent growers veg until the plant reaches a height of half of what they have to work with under their light to allow for stretch which is often at least double what the height was before flip to although with sativa's it can be more (3x).

What is the max temp I should let them experience? I can easily get 82/72, however, I think I could get 85/75 even easier.
I like to keep temps below 90*F but my cabinet sometimes goes over triple digits in summer which is not good, but it's what I have to deal with.

Canna plants like it warm (just not too hot).

The plant will be mature enough to flower once it starts growing with alternating nodes as opposed to opposite nodes.

After that point you can flip immediately or continue in veg for a while. If you keep going in veg your plants, and therefore your harvest, will be larger.

Many tent growers veg until the plant reaches a height of half of what they have to work with under their light to allow for stretch which is often at least double what the height was before flip to although with sativa's it can be more (3x).

I like to keep temps below 90*F but my cabinet sometimes goes over triple digits in summer which is not good, but it's what I have to deal with.

Canna plants like it warm (just not too hot).
Man thank you so much 🤙🏻🤙🏻

So much good stuff to read and learn. I have never grown a thing until now. This has been really awesome.

I build most everything, so I am going to build a pole barn, use a combo of paneling and opaque corrugated plastic, make panels that swivel to open to let air in, lights up top…basically a pole barn/greenhouse/garden. The plan is all sorts of medicinal herbs. Have a legit function garden.

If we keep crossing paths I will keep asking questions and we will see what this grows in to (see what I did there 😏).

G 🤙🏻

Ask away. Lots of growers on here happy to offer advice. :thumb:
Its so fantastic. i am old enough to have watched the birth of the internet, so along the way I have tried many forums ranging a very broad subject. Everyone, new guy ask questions, people attack new guy, new guy leaves. I have not seen any of that here, thus the reason I joined.

Love it here 🤙🏻 group of joyous people who all enjoy learning and understand everyone is in a different place 🤙🏻

So. freaking. good.

G 🤙🏻

Hey everyone, I came hone today and looking in the tent and noticed Thing 1 had fallen over, it looked dead, I looked closer think the soil moved or something and the roots shifted and discovered this.

Thoughts? Can it be saved?

DBEC0394-9040-44F7-89EA-3C9CCA65B674.jpeg

Just like tomatoes, new roots will grow from the buried stem. So, as Jonny said, add more soil to the pot keeping maybe an inch or two of the stem above ground, and moisten that new soil. Give it a little weaker light for a day or two to let it catch its breath, and grow on.

Depending on how much room for soil you have in the cup you may have to mound the soil around the stem.

Just like tomatoes, new roots will grow from the buried stem. So, as Jonny said, add more soil to the pot keeping maybe an inch or two of the stem above ground, and moisten that new soil. Give it a little weaker light for a day or two to let it catch its breath, and grow on.

Depending on how much room for soil you have in the cup you may have to mound the soil around the stem.
done 👌🏻

G 🤙🏻

Today’s updates.

Loyd (Purple Diesel) was a couple days from her last “big water”, needed a drink, gave her a drink, hopefully her leaves are standing tomorrow.

Thoughts?

Other plants are looking good, hopefully I can get RH figured out tomorrow.

G🤙🏻

1E977DEE-AC4E-4320-AD10-53096AD207D2.jpeg

9B8C5B7B-8744-479E-81D3-FBC0CDFE3202.jpeg

893BA984-C661-441C-AE7B-C38E3745AA70.jpeg

4F0B1852-9DEB-46AE-8E05-3EC44A544A48.jpeg

502880E4-F3C9-41DC-971A-5546FD25537A.jpeg

Loyd (Purple Diesel) was a couple days from her last “big water”, needed a drink, gave her a drink, hopefully her leaves are standing tomorrow.

Thoughts?
They often droop after a watering, but should perk back up fairly quickly.

I don't see any drainage I that cup.

There is a hole in the bottom
Unless you have the cups elevated, the hole on the bottom won't be sufficient. A better option would be to use a pair of scissors and cut the bottom corners in maybe three places around the cup. That way there's no danger of standing water.

Unless you have the cups elevated, the hole on the bottom won't be sufficient. A better option would be to use a pair of scissors and cut the bottom corners in maybe three places around the cup. That way there's no danger of standing water.
it is elevated on the bottom 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom