Black Fly Beginner - 2009

BlackFly

I want to have 4 rooms - 1. closet under stairs for seedlings/ clones 3x5x3 ( In the process of insulating/cleaning... - 2. veg. room growing area size is 4x8x7 (room is roughly 4x9x7) - 3. flowering room growing area size is 4x8x7 (room is roughly 4x9x7) 4. vent/ utility/ dry/ manicure room. --- All concealed in 1 bedroom. I am currently using random seeds now just planted yesterday. I am almost complete with construction of the first room. (pics included) I have been researching this for years and am so excited to start!!! - I want to have a cycle of harvest.... Is this the best way to go about it??

0. I am currently using random seeds now & i really want to invest in quality... any help on the most discreet & inexpensive companies??
1 - What is the most amount of plants I can get in the 4x8x8 growing areas under 2 600w hps's in each room.
2 - Is it best to have a total of 4 600 hps lights? or should I vary with halides or 1000 watts?
3 - im using random seeds now & i really want to invest in quality... any help on the most discreet & inexpensive companies??
First time gardener - sorry for the newbie questions...
4. Is a GE Fluorescent ( Cool Light) w/ 3350 lumens better than the GE Fluorescent (Plant) w/ 1900 lumens?
5. how many plants can i get into a 4x8x7 ft. space?
6. will a 6in hvac system be sufficient?
7. Do I have to worry about exhausting air from the seed room to the veg room?

Thanks for your time & all your help..... I've got a lot of time on my hands after being laid off......
0207091740a.jpg

0207091738a.jpg

replies...???? questions.. comments.. concerns......

This is my first time jumping into all this, any and all help/support is greatly appreciated.

Anyway progress continued today - for me ( a couple weak job interviews) but I scored two 400 watt hps w/ reflectors/ ballasts and bulbs from a fellow greenthumb for 150$ off craigslist. my buddy also stopped by with over a hundred in supplies w/ his company card . (NICE!) just took a break from work.... doing this basically on my own. my house .... still nervous. anyway enough rambling on to the questions. -. -

1. How often do I need to bring fresh air in/ run intake fans/ exhaust bad air out/ through exhaust. remember i want the most inexpensive/quality everything. ( I have two separated 350cfm rooms) I would rather not exhuast in the day.... I am planning a carbon filter/ and setting up a ona block in my ducting before exhausting out the chimney.
2. Suggestions on good, inexpensive, but quality - carbon filters/fans/ona?
3. I have a small co2 tank - whats a good, inexpensive, but quality timer, etc....
4. I see these expensive timers, enviormental contals, etc... really nesesary?

I just introduced my new 400watt hps into the closet keeping most floros for diff. spectrums & to help the plants adjust.?.? right? pics included... I think i spotted a male and yanked that prick before he screwed my ladies!

Again This is my first time jumping into all this, any and all help/support is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU ALL

how do i post pictures????

pic help... first you upload them to the gallery here then after you have uploaded you right click on the picture then go to properties there will be a link copy it then when you reply there is a lil icon you press to insert image paste the link on there then walla you got it

how do i post pictures????
Hit the elink below in my signature this guides you there on how to Upload. The pics must be compressed to resized down before uploading them into 420.

Figured out the pictures - :thanks:
whats the optimal pic resolution to upload?
Any more thoughts on any other questions?????

Scored 2 more lights.... cheap!!!! pics posted -they look like industrial 400watt hps w/ attached ballasts.
1. I was wondering if/ & how to separate the ballast from the reflector and bulb?
2. can i use a metal halide 400watt bulb w/ an hps setup? or how can i tell what kind of bulb i need if/when i need to replace?

hps2_-2.jpg

hps2_-1.jpg

i run my air intake 23/7 only turnes off when the co2 goes on.
dont quote me on this but i seem to remember that plants need a room full of fresh air every 5 - 10 mins.

and about the lamp/ballast its pretty much straight forward , you just disconnect the ballast and buy longer wire and replace those who were attached therfore making it a 2 pice set :)

Afghan grow

week 7 update... pics... Ive moved the seedlings out of the closet into the veg room.... pulled only 2 males so far .. I have no money so construction on this project is slow but I am getting a lot of great stuff for free... I have currently 1 400HPS , 1 400 Metal halide and two different spectrum cfl's trying to figure out how to get another 400 HPS in... - I built two of the ONA/soil moist bucket fans for fresh linen smell.... I had a good idea to turn the soil moist canister into a mini ona filter by drilling holes into it like the bucket and placing in the duct before it exhausts. I am also waiting to get the cash for 2 carbon filters from foothill filters (FILTERS) and 2 6 in can or vortex fans.... I also have a co2 tank but no way to properly release and control it. any inexpensive ideas??
- Please any and all help is appreciated - this is my first time doing all this and its a bit overwhelming at times...
blackfly_1.jpg

blackfly_2.jpg

blackfly_3.jpg

blackfly_4.jpg

soilmoist_jpg.jpg

420 update - week 10 - 1st grow....all transplanted 18 females -expecting 2 more weeks of veg ... finishing up flower room now... need cash for fans, filters, co2.... and ill be set. since im growing off all bagseed every strain is probably different but 2 plants seem to be auto flowering in the veg cycle.?? any comments concerns???? whens the best time to try to take clones?

-anybody listening to me????
cat

cat

cat

- right click image icon & open in new window to see my pics? what's the correct upload resolution????

420 update - week 10 - 1st grow....all transplanted 18 females -expecting 2 more weeks of veg ... finishing up flower room now... need cash for fans, filters, co2.... and ill be set. since im growing off all bagseed every strain is probably different but 2 plants seem to be auto flowering in the veg cycle.?? any comments concerns???? whens the best time to try to take clones?

-anybody listening to me????
cat

cat

cat

- right click image icon & open in new window to see my pics? what's the correct upload resolution????

Take clones after your plants are flowering - I've seen some suggestions for 30 days after 12/12.

I upload at 1200x800 - the "large" display is a bit less than that.

Good luck with your grow! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom