BloomBox Grow #2 - Strawberry Haze

Thanks JAmn49, that was greatly helpfull.

So Strawberry is really a good candidate for the BloomBox, it stayed within the height restriction and is growing very straight. I will unfortunately have to send it back to Veg once I have harvested flowers since my cuttings failed. I wonder if there is a minimum age to take cuttings from a plant?

Some pics:

DSCF0208_2.jpeg

DSCF0205_2.jpeg

Ricky, question, can you rebloom the same plants after harvesting the buds? Or are you talking reveg, take cuttings and bloom the cuttings?

Vapo,

It comes down to the same thing, when you take cuttings, it is the same plant that keeps going on. From what I have read, you can rebloom the same plant after sending it to a veg cycle. However that is not worth the trouble as apparently they go through a weird phase and this is much longer than starting with new plants.

In my case, I am stuck to do this as I lost my cuttings I did of the plant before I sent it in flower and since it looks like a good candidate, I would like to keep the plant.

What I am planning to do is to send it back into Veg until I have about 15 good cuttings. Do my cutting, make sure they take and then I will destroy that plant.

Ricky, question, can you rebloom the same plants after harvesting the buds? Or are you talking reveg, take cuttings and bloom the cuttings?

Strawberry Haze Flowering time

Anybody else ever grown Strawberry Haze?

I am wondering about the flowering time, I have read it is supposed to be 10-11 weeks. However we are at week 7 now and some of the pistils are already starting to turn read, up to 50% on the top buds. Is this just the earlier buds maturing faster than normal?

Any advice on how to decide when to harvest, from the size of the calixes I would assume (or hope) that there is more growth to happen.

Vapo,

It comes down to the same thing, when you take cuttings, it is the same plant that keeps going on. From what I have read, you can rebloom the same plant after sending it to a veg cycle. However that is not worth the trouble as apparently they go through a weird phase and this is much longer than starting with new plants.

In my case, I am stuck to do this as I lost my cuttings I did of the plant before I sent it in flower and since it looks like a good candidate, I would like to keep the plant.

What I am planning to do is to send it back into Veg until I have about 15 good cuttings. Do my cutting, make sure they take and then I will destroy that plant.

Thanks for that info Ricky, I was debating on whether or not to take cuttings from my girls but think I will go with the bagseed mom I have on the veg side. Time to look at the cloning how-to's and get to crackin on that...want to have a fresh batch ready when I chop the bloomers down in the next 3 weeks or so.

Back
Top Bottom