BloomBox Grow #3 - Hawaiian Snow

Vapo, yeah I fixed my heat trouble, my BF put his hockey bag on top of the Bloombox and since I have taken it off from there the temperatures runs about 2 degrees over the actual room.

I also keep the door of the room open during the day...

I am moving the whole setup to the garage in spring though.

Got pictures but the site wont take the ones from my new camera as they are too big :( got to find a way to easily downsize them.

Hey Ricky, have all your heat problems been totally remedied? I am having a hell of a time keeping mine cool, wasn't bad during veg with the flourescent but that HPS kicks up the heat bigtime. Got any new pics?

Ah, I had the same issue with the pic uploads rick, u can edit them in paint, just right click on them in your my pictures directory, click edit and then from the image pull down window go to stretch/skew, I just made them 25% of normal and save. Reduces the file size by 75%, u can muck with it to get it as big as you can to still be able to upload.

Hey Ricky, have all your heat problems been totally remedied? I am having a hell of a time keeping mine cool, wasn't bad during veg with the flourescent but that HPS kicks up the heat bigtime. Got any new pics?

you dont have any venting? I thought you could grow in rockwool and when it starts to get bigger surround it with hydroton? I am omw to a hydro grow but dwc, just saying that cuz i noticed you guys seem to have the drip systems.

you dont have any venting? I thought you could grow in rockwool and when it starts to get bigger surround it with hydroton? I am omw to a hydro grow but dwc, just saying that cuz i noticed you guys seem to have the drip systems.

The box itself has 2 vents, one in the flower chamber and one in the light box, 2 intakes one in the light box and one in the veg/clone chamber. I would like to vent the lightbox to the outside or something to get the heat out of the room. It came with 1" and 3" rockwool cubes so using those all up before I move on to the clay balls or hydroton, which to me seem to be the same. Are they different? They do have advantages over the Rockwool.

Sorry Ricky, not trying to highjack your thread.

The box itself has 2 vents, one in the flower chamber and one in the light box, 2 intakes one in the light box and one in the veg/clone chamber. I would like to vent the lightbox to the outside or something to get the heat out of the room. It came with 1" and 3" rockwool cubes so using those all up before I move on to the clay balls or hydroton, which to me seem to be the same. Are they different? They do have advantages over the Rockwool.

Sorry Ricky, not trying to highjack your thread.

I cant really speak from experience. But a lot of grows i have seen use rockwool to germinate then transplant to a net pot cover with hydroton and thats it. But this is for a DWC grow and you guys seem to be growing differently so theres probably different applications in this situation. You guys grow your plants with rockwool from veg to flower right?

Hey Ricky Ricardo they're looking great! I'm really excited to upgrade to a system such as yours, very excited! Keep up the good work!

Hey guys, things seems to be speeding up recently, in fact since I replaced the MH bulb with the SPS on Saturday. I was advised to start the first two weeks of flowering on MH to prevent too much stretching will see what the result is like!

BTW if anyone has advice on taking some decent pics under HPS, please let me know!

Some pics:

DSCF01422.JPG

DSCF01412.JPG

DSCF01392.JPG

Hey guys, things seems to be speeding up recently, in fact since I replaced the MH bulb with the SPS on Saturday. I was advised to start the first two weeks of flowering on MH to prevent too much stretching will see what the result is like!

BTW if anyone has advice on taking some decent pics under HPS, please let me know!

I asked that same question to therootofwis, he says you can take the pics under a flouresent light just after the HPS shuts down, says the extra few minutes won't affect flower. I have the same yellowish tint in my pics, hard to see any yellowing of the leaves or great detail. Hope it helps.

Hey Vapo, I am using CO2, hard to say if it makes a difference would have to run two different grows to compare, maybe some day...

I got the T5 on also, lots of buds low on the plant...

So I was away for 4 days and this thing grew by over a feet!

Photos:

DSCF01952.jpg

DSCF0194.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

DSCF01901.jpg

Hey,

So this is not a bloombox friendly strain, this thing stretched and stretched and looks like a spider hehehe.

Remove the tomatoes around to make some space...

Pics:

DSCF0206_2.jpeg

DSCF0204_2.jpeg

DSCF0202_2.jpeg

This thing is growing like weed, it was fine the first 3 weeks then I went away for 4 days and it had grown 2 feet!

I might do some cutting to plant outside this summer and see how she goes. This probably would become a monster outside.

This thing is growing like weed, it was fine the first 3 weeks then I went away for 4 days and it had grown 2 feet!

I might do some cutting to plant outside this summer and see how she goes. This probably would become a monster outside.

Funny, we complain that the plants grow too fast and tall...tis the curse of owning a bbox I guess...I think I can live with it though. :yummy:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom