Bonsai-esque LST: Observances, experience, input?

ddGreenThumb

Some Details
I had a bag seed which I planted a couple of months ago. This tough little plant has been very tolerant and forgiving during my learning stages of growing. I ended up trying some LST in a bonsai style and have new growth coming up rapidly that I'm hoping to get some feedback on.

I have posted pictures of my plant, " Willow ", showing some of the new growth coming up. There's more information on Willow in my introduction thread if it's helpful. I am a very new grower so please hit me with your wisdom and input.. good or bad, let me have it!

Attachments

• 0803181135.jpg
    0803181135.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 0803181134.jpg
    0803181134.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 0802181619a.jpg
    0802181619a.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 0801181052a.jpg
    0801181052a.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 0730181103a.jpg
    0730181103a.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 0730181102c.jpg
    0730181102c.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 107
  • 0730181102b.jpg
    0730181102b.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 0730181100.jpg
    0730181100.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 113
Some Details
I had a bag seed which I planted a couple of months ago. This tough little plant has been very tolerant and forgiving during my learning stages of growing. I ended up trying some LST in a bonsai style and have new growth coming up rapidly that I'm hoping to get some feedback on.

I have posted pictures of my plant, " Willow ", showing some of the new growth coming up. There's more information on Willow in my introduction thread if it's helpful. I am a very new grower so please hit me with your wisdom and input.. good or bad, let me have it!
Looking good ddgreenthumb (love the name). Ive got one girl untopped and lst'd only, its an autoflower and in a small pot so i just left it. I am pretty happy with the results but personally i feel you do better combining topping and lst.

As you can see from the pic below of one thats been topped then trained its a much more even spread so you will have buds of equal size. The girl thats been left alone will still have a much larger top bud than the rest

Thank you very much, and I appreciate it.

So, Willow has also been topped and fimmed, however I'm not sure if I was successful at both or just one. She was actually quite sluggish in growth for a period of time recovering from shock. Honestly when I look back in retrospect... from germiation I abused this poor plant, but learned from it and she was forgiving and resilient.

I do have one question, or favor if you will.
Looking good ddgreenthumb (love the name). Ive got one girl untopped and lst'd only, its an autoflower and in a small pot so i just left it. I am pretty happy with the results but personally i feel you do better combining topping and lst.

As you can see from the pic below of one thats been topped then trained its a much more even spread so you will have buds of equal size. The girl thats been left alone will still have a much larger top bud than the rest

Thank you very much, and I appreciate it.

So, Willow has also been topped and fimmed, however I'm not sure if I was successful at both or just one. She was actually quite sluggish in growth for a period of time recovering from shock. Honestly when I look back in retrospect... from germiation I abused this poor plant, but learned from it and she was forgiving and resilient.

I do have one question, or favor if you will... Do you, with your more seasoned eyes, see any indications of sex on Willow in any of the pictures? It's driving me mad because I have 7 seedlings going in a different grow space that will be ready for the tent and big light soon.

Also, I wasn't able to view the photos you attached for whatever reason. Please forgive me if it's newbie error, lol.

Tbh its too early to tell my friend. LOOKS female to me from the pics but its to early

That was my thought and what I was afraid of. It's ok though, I'll set something nice up for her in the closet until she's ready to show and her sisters can go into the tent.

Thank you my friend, peace of mind hearing it from someone with experience

That was my thought and what I was afraid of. It's ok though, I'll set something nice up for her in the closet until she's ready to show and her sisters can go into the tent.

Thank you my friend, peace of mind hearing it from someone with experience
You're welcome mate. Peace

Back
Top Bottom