Bought a new trimbowl - any advice or tips?

billy13778

i broke down and finally got a manual trimbowl because the arthritis is turning "trim jail" into "trim hell" - any advice or tips for a decent trim would be greatly appreciated because there are tons of mixed reviews on these things and it seems like everyone has their own technique

Under the blades there are 2 shims so you can take one out if you want a closer trim. I wish there were 3 shims though as mine takes off a little more than I like. I just bought a new one (different brand) to see if there's any difference. Arrived without the crank handle so had to send it back for an exchange. Just my luck.... lol.

i found the shims while cleaning the blades and i have three. next grow i will play with removing some shims for closer cutting.

for using it the first time i am real happy with the results. Are they as good as hand trimming? no but keeping in mind the time it saved me, it is very adequate. it was taking me over an hour with all the breaks i was having to take to do an ounce or two. with the machine i ran 2 pounds (dry weight) in under 4 hours just taking my time and loading the drying racks as i went, playing with technique, taking breaks and so forth.

i tried filling it full and it did not do very well but just scattering it about, it did a whole lot better, maybe just a couple ounces or so maybe 3. i did not do the the main colas because i would have cried if they got chewed up. i did put some large colas (about 10 or 12 grams) near the end of processing and it did pretty good. i love how the trim came out.

to clean it i used ISA and a scrub pad to get the gunk off (gorilla glue 4 leaves a lot)

i am totally glad that i got this machine

Back
Top Bottom