Bradkb's First DWC Grow

Those light hangers are sweet!

How do you like those hangers ? I've seen them in catalogs and wondered if they would hold a good sized light ? My one closet has all the lights either taped up or tied up like you had. Do those adjust easily ? Thanks guy , kick ass air stones too !! :peace:

Be careful with those light hangers. I have had a few break. They are good for 8 lbs. Work great on small light stuff but not really good for hanging HID hoods.

Your plants are looking awesome. Gratz on the grow!

Regarding the hangers, I started out with a set of those on my T-5 light, but I really didn't like adjusting them of the amount of swing I got when I did. Didn't leave me feeling secure about the stability of my lights or quadruple square knots. I switched over to $10 of chain and another pair of those snaps and I haven't worried since.

I took a second look at them, and they are a little chinsy. I do like how they adjust, but I think it might be best if I back them up with some rope (chains next time I'm at Lowes). The cord is smaller in diameter than regular curtin cord. There is a plastic piece on top that is clipped on, it doesn't look all that sturdy for something that is heavy. The package rates it for 22 lbs, I'm not sure how much my assembly weighs.

Picture035.jpg

Square not, backed up with a clove hitch. (PPG knows her knots. LOL :goodjob:)

+ rep FB & PPG - Good Lookin Out.

Brad, good to see your plants are coming around.

Knots are important for sure. I just had the little gray clip snap on me. Like that safety catch backup!

Please read the link in my Signature on Temps & Humidity.

What did did they sprout? How old are they today?

I sprouted from bagseed. They are on week 7 of veg. I'm thinking that I want to start the 12/12 for flower. I would have started already, but I had some defiecency problems and I didn't think that the plants were ready.

There is something wrong with the link that you refered me to, it just goes to the 420 magazine main page.

There is something wrong with the link that you refered me to, it just goes to the 420 magazine main page.

I found the sticky on this. I'm putting in some wet towels to raise the humidity. Right now it's around 42%.

I'd wait for alternating leaves (leaves not growing right across from each other) before I'd started 12/12. You'll get more bud when they are mature. It's should be too long.

Thanks MostlyCrazy.

Question: I noticed some droopy leaves today and a couple of brown spots on the fan leaves. I put a little calmag in and really saw a big difference in the all around perkyness of the plant. Was this a deficency? How much calmag is too much?

Spots and cal-mag don't usually go togther. Cal-mag just removes a defiency to allow the plant to be all it can be. However droopy leaves and a few brown spots are the first sign of overnuting a bit. I'd remove a gallon and replace it with a gallon of ph'd water only and see it that stops any progression. I use cal-mag as directed on the bottle. I go 5ml/gal in veg and bump it to 8ml or so in flower. The plant needs more of it in flower but just a bit more.

Bradkb, Nice looking grow you got here man! I gotta say you certainly did your research. And the plants look really good so far, I read through rather quickly but how much are you feeding them now? I 100% agree with MC. If your plants are responding that well to cal mag I GUARANTEE you your underfeeding them.
Are you still only feeding for 1 1/2 gallons? If so the brown spots your talking about are probably the beginning and progression of a potassium deficiency. Those plants should be fed full strength dosage by now. They look great, I bet the reason they perked up is the nitrogen in the cal-mag. Which is a good sign your really underfeeding them.
That GH feed chart is great, make one for the three gallons and follow it to a T (you should be up to the aggressive strength stage by now). You won't be disappointed I promise you. If you are underfeeding them build up the nutrients slowly over the course of a week or so. See how they respond.

And congratulations on a beautiful looking grow! You've got one hell of a support team on here! Take care. and Reps+

OH and lose the hygrozyme if you haven't already. If your still dealing with high res temps I suggest Botanicare Aquashield. It's a great beneficial and I've NEVER seen anyone have any problems with it. But lose the h202 if you do use it. you won't need it anyways. You just put the AS in at res change and it lasts all week. Used it all the time before I got my Chiller.

Spots and cal-mag don't usually go togther. Cal-mag just removes a defiency to allow the plant to be all it can be. However droopy leaves and a few brown spots are the first sign of overnuting a bit. I'd remove a gallon and replace it with a gallon of ph'd water only and see it that stops any progression. I use cal-mag as directed on the bottle. I go 5ml/gal in veg and bump it to 8ml or so in flower. The plant needs more of it in flower but just a bit more.

Cool, I'm going to try bumping up the calmag a little on this res change. Three of my plants look great, but one is still droopy.

And congratulations on a beautiful looking grow! You've got one hell of a support team on here! Take care. and Reps+

Thanks for stopping by Jonny. I really appreciate the great comments.

Hey guys, here is a quick update. With a few questions.

Picture_00258.jpg

Picture_01123.jpg

Plants are looking good, nice and perky. They are starting to get bushy.

Picture_00637.jpg

The roots have grown a lot. They are a little stained from the GH Flora nutes.

Picture_00928.jpg

Is this going to be new growth, or is the plant starting to mature?

Something strange started to happen about 15 minutes after the res change. Everything just started to get droopy. I'm still feeding 1/2 strength nutes based on the GH calculator.

Picture_01815.jpg

Picture_01915.jpg

Its been a couple of hours now since I did the res change, and they haven't really changed.

This is the one problem plant out of three. It hasn't really recovered at all. One day it was fine, and the next day it wasn't. The growth has been stunted for several days now. The leaves are really droopy, and the roots started to get brown and mushy. I cut off the really bad roots and cut back on the nutes.

Picture_01424.jpg

Picture_01611.jpg

There are a couple of new roots coming through, but overall it does not look good.

This is the one problem plant out of three. It hasn't really recovered at all. One day it was fine, and the next day it wasn't. The growth has been stunted for several days now. The leaves are really droopy, and the roots started to get brown and mushy. I cut off the really bad roots and cut back on the nutes.

Picture_01424.jpg

Picture_01611.jpg

There are a couple of new roots coming through, but overall it does not look good.

yah it is just gonna take time for her to recover... you did good cutting off the roots... ofcourse it wont recover fast because its root mass it gone... but it is growing new roots which is a good sign that the "main" root "hub" is good.... If you can, or are able to, raise the water level so that the bottom of the net pot is in the water... like the net pot is an inch in the water.... this is a good trick to make your root mass rapidly expand... do that, and the root mass will be huge in a week or two... works everytime... once those roots are in the water, they explode...

That plant that has the new growth is getting mature as the leaves have started to alternate. Your call on when to start flowering but you may want to wait will the problem child get a little more healty. The longer you wait, the more bud you can get as the plant gets bigger. Just remember that they may be 3x veg height when they finish and if you have the head room it ain't no big deal.

Hey everyone,

I haven't been on to post lately becasue everything is going smoothly. Even the droopy plant has snapped out of it and is growing very fast now with excellent root growth. Sorry for not having any pics to post, my camera is out of commission. I should be able to get something up in the next couple of days.

Thanks to the Deep Water Culture for all of the great advise.

PS - I had to pop the doors off of my closet becasue the plants have gotten too big. Man I really need to get a grow tent!!! I do have one pic that I can post. Thanks again to everyone.

Picture_0318.jpg

Back
Top Bottom