Breaking Brix: Buck's DIYs

Same dude shiggs used isn't it? Only reason I'm going with sunboards, shiggs gave me 4,so already have some. And also I'm gonna be using 240-c1400b drivers. I have like 10 sitting on shelf. Where his are 36v works out great with my drivers. Plus he's giving me a great deal on them, half price off from his site.

I'm interested in getting some made down the road. What mix are you getting for veg? These Samsung diodes are great, the new series about to come out is even better. Cree is getting left in the dark.

I have link somewhere in my IG messages with shiggs, but I'll never find it, too many pages lol. If ya don't care i would like to get the link. Would like to get some custom boards made.

Thanks ..

Yep, Shiggs gave me the contact info. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm getting 128 diode boards in the 8" x 12" format, 16 series, 8 parallel for 48 volts. That works well for drivers, too. I'll run these at 20-25 watts each for about the same output and efficiency as the 304 diode boards. The big boards are 51ma per diode and the veg boards are 65ma.

So in veg I'll get about 800 ppfd, at about 27 watts per sqft, and bloom will be 1100 ppfd at 35 watts/sqft.

And hey, half price on the sunboards is hard to beat. :thumb:

Hey Buck just dropping by to check things out over this way. Yup, the QB are some nice lights, we have 2 260's and just got the 550 the other day. Waiting for the flower tent to finish up then the tents coming down and that room will be our flower room. Getting to be to big of a pita to deal with the plants in the tent......lol getting to old to be low crawling in to water the back girls.

Hope you get to feeling better Buck!!!

Blessed Buds our friend and be well :passitleft:

Thanks artic, I've heard nothing but great things about the qb's. They are supposed to be sending a 1 board kit, gonna make a clone/seedling light.

Hey greytail, i just got back on, I'm getting a great deal on the sunboards. Those boards sound cool, where you can get printed up any design you want. Can you get multiple channels made. Really want to get some 660nm reds added to the whites. I gotta get my petty cash fund built back up lol. Need to order more parts next week

Thanks ..

I was given 4 sunboards, but I've ordered from hlg a few times. Going to get some more sunboards from photon fantom designs. Good thing about his boards, is you don't need heatsinks.

I'm thinking of getting some built like shiggs and greytail. That is cheapest way to go, and you can have what you want built.

I'm starting to feel better, as soon as I do, gotta get another damn treatment lol.

Thanks artic, hopefully this journal will start picking up, girls are finally in flower mode, gonna be popping some new strains very shortly, and be building new light as well.

Thanks . .

It shouldn't be difficult to get boards designed with multiple channels. I just had them made with all LM561 diodes, thinking that if I want other spectra I can easily add those on another board, maybe strips. But the design of HLGs 288 boards looks relatively simple - they just divide the board traces into two separate circuits.

But for myself, I'll just run far reds and such on a separate board.

I noticed that HLG is rating its 120 diode board for 65 watts without sinks? :hmmmm: That seems really high. I'm sure I won't need sinks for my 128 diode veg boards running at under 25 watts. My board is 20% smaller, but even 50 watts would make me nervous. I should have them within another week or so, so I'll see how much they heat up. Not needing sinks reduces the cost quite a bit. Sinks cost almost as much as another board.

I sent you a PM, Arctic.

I just noticed I have a bunch of pm's to go thru.

That's main reason I am going with sunboards. No heatsinks, but I'll be driving them at 1400ma. Should be just little under 50 watts a board.

I need to check on those grey, I would love to be able to build my own custom spectrum. I would love to be able to copy my chilled boards, so far plants love the peach color or pink. There is such a big markup in cost of these qb's. The single diodes are cheap, $75 boards for $25 is a huge difference for exact same thing.

Having different channels is great if you have a controller that works everything. But could just as easily use analog dimmers(much cheaper).

I finally got room finished, just gotta hang light and filter. Need to make some sort of doors, may use some 2" hardboard insulation.

Yesterday I fired up the rosin press, did 10, 15 gram presses. Was trying to get rid of some 2-3 year old smoke, it was almost too dry, should've re-hydrated.
420-magazine-mobile1726324427.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1789326275.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2032305112.jpg
420-magazine-mobile764131372.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1288880342.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1039543271.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1595137330.jpg

Ended up with almost 14 grams of rosin, at 1st I was pressing to quickly, once I got feel of it, the rosin started flowing. My last 2 presses was my best, at 208 degrees, got close to 2 grams a press. Which I thought was great for mediocre smoke that was 2 years old.

My little cloning experiment is doing great. I have roots in 6 days. Used nothing but water and 3 drops of bleach. Did spray some trans on second day, that really perked them up.
420-magazine-mobile897525767.jpg
420-magazine-mobile818042208.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great humpday ..

Just checked on girls before lights out, this cherry vanilla cookies has finally started being happy. I noticed few mite spots again. Going to soak everything tonight in leaf wash. Definitely going to be getting predator mites, going to release in my veg area when I start.
420-magazine-mobile106006977.jpg

I have new chambers done, I'll get some pics later today of completed room.

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday ..

For a door in between our rooms we have panda film and a zipper door. The ones you see in commercial buildings during a remodel to keep dust out. No light leaks and works great.

The key for pressing I've noticed is that you can't squeeze it too much in the beginning since you will close channels for the rosin to get out. Wants you get the feel for it it runs a lot better.

You are not kidding she has her stretch going. That's 4 or 5" since the flip? Kicked into gear she has!

When lights come back on, I'm gonna get them out, try to get some better pics. Also need to do training on one of the hucks. I've noticed if I add a gal of water daily to the 2 big pots, the girls seem happier than just giving 3-4 gals at once.

Got some new beans in the mail. 3 packs are missing, I put them in my vault to keep. Apple diamonds from alien. Dread bread, UW/goldstar from bodhi. I may run them, but just want to hold onto.

420-magazine-mobile496314755.jpg

For a door in between our rooms we have panda film and a zipper door. The ones you see in commercial buildings during a remodel to keep dust out. No light leaks and works great.

The key for pressing I've noticed is that you can't squeeze it too much in the beginning since you will close channels for the rosin to get out. Wants you get the feel for it it runs a lot better.

You are not kidding she has her stretch going. That's 4 or 5" since the flip? Kicked into gear she has!

My presses are getting better each time. Last press, I got it flowing, just let it go for 90 secs or until slowed down, then I cranked pressure. I was at 208 degrees. Just got BBQ thermometer to double check my plates. This weekend I'll pre-press 4-5 more and practice some more. This old weed is coming in handy lol

I have finally started to build my lights. I got the angle iron on one so far :laughtwo:. I have been meaning to tell you I have a Purple Punch up above soil and a Jelly Breath! I lost one of the Jelly Breath seeds. I tried to germ it and it took 5 days for me to get frustrated enough to pinch it to get it to crack, it then sprouted a tap root within a day. I put it in soil and when it came up it still had the shell on it. I went to gently remove the shell and ripped it up instead! The second one germed within 36 hours and was above soil within 2 days :)

My presses are getting better each time. Last press, I got it flowing, just let it go for 90 secs or until slowed down, then I cranked pressure. I was at 208 degrees. Just got BBQ thermometer to double check my plates. This weekend I'll pre-press 4-5 more and practice some more. This old weed is coming in handy lol

It is a good thing you had so much of it on hand :laughtwo:

I'm waiting on lights to come. I think I've drunk too many beers, today was first day they've tasted good in a while. Gonna try to get some light measurements at canopies level. Gotta try some rosin, taste really good, real piney/Chem taste, that was from sour diesel

Atta' Boy!...beer buzz and a little rosin...you've earned it!...best of luck with the treatments and Yer' grow as well...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom