Breeders' Unknowns

JCsuperstar

Unless you are very careful and systematic, it seems there are akways those stray seeds that end up on floors, counters, etc.

In my case, I am generally experimenting with many different crosses, so it becomes es a monumental challenge to identify which each is. Even after growing them out, vague guess are as close as I can get. They are hardly useless and just trash.

So what do others do with those seeds and their plants? For me, I just grow and cross those misfits among each other (the most vigorous of them, that is) for curious fun.

That's what I've done in the past-exclusively bagseeds -grown out some top shelf smoke,if people ask what it is, I say "it's pot",that's all I know for sure...
I'm up to Bagseed #3 on the pollinating thing-got a 3' male in the yard right now,just waiting on the females.

I am opposite of that. I do save and label seeds found in dispensary or other weed. That being said I don't grow them. Strains, plants and phenos can be confusing enough on their own.

Not every strain I grow comes out great. I do have plenty of confidence in them when I germinate seeds though. While I may not have grown a strain before I know what it is in it. Over time I am getting better at guessing what will work for me.

NOTHING at all wrong with bag seed or unknown genetics. I just find it is better to know going in what might come out in the end. If I had more room it might be different. If I didn't have over 140 strains they might get a little more love also.

Since genetics have everything to do with potence and production and effects. Knowing the genetic makeup of what you are growing has become even more important.

Well, I have several of such drying and some more to soon follow them. I'll cured them all together. I know the fathers are Trainwreck. The mothers could be Green Crack, Super Lemon Haze, Agent Orange, among others. I am pretty sure these are largely Trainwreck x Agent Orange, as they present similarly to known ones of those. Very sativa.
20190613_110644.jpg

Back
Top Bottom