Bud rot and mold: what to look for

Timhomegrow

I'm only at 24hrs of hanging but a first timer and partially color blind ha. Drying room was 60 Rh yesterday and 57 today (67-69 temps). Before putting plants in there it was 56-57 Rh.

What should I look for in the coming days to make sure I don't get mold? I've looked at pics online of moldy buds, I should be able to see the webbing/fuzz but color change maybe not as easily. Any particular part of the plant where I should look first?

I figure that's the only worry left at this stage ;)

I was shocked to see today how the tricomes seemed to have really shown out and perhaps even spread. I swear some of my sugar leaves that didn't have many tricomes at chop seem to be loaded now.

Thanks to all here as well, everyone has been so helpful and patient with my newbiness ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20200716_130609.jpg
    IMG_20200716_130609.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
Hi ..Timhomegrow ...Bud rot will start usually from the center of the bud out and is a grayish looking color and mushy to the touch, keep things airy around the buds no direct fan but at least one in the room moving air. and humidity kept down and you should be fine. Oh plus with mold the smell will hit you first before you see it.... its an amonia earthy type smell basicly an off smell from what your bud should smell like even though you maybe colour blind but your other senses can still make up for that one. lol... The nose knows when things are going funny! :)

i would say make sure the branches are far apart from each other so that the buds don't touch eachother. allows proper curing. also keep temps at around 68f for the first three days and than 62f, keep humidity at around 50-60% and dry for 10-14 days.

I'm only at 24hrs of hanging but a first timer and partially color blind ha. Drying room was 60 Rh yesterday and 57 today (67-69 temps). Before putting plants in there it was 56-57 Rh.

What should I look for in the coming days to make sure I don't get mold? I've looked at pics online of moldy buds, I should be able to see the webbing/fuzz but color change maybe not as easily. Any particular part of the plant where I should look first?

I figure that's the only worry left at this stage ;)

I was shocked to see today how the tricomes seemed to have really shown out and perhaps even spread. I swear some of my sugar leaves that didn't have many tricomes at chop seem to be loaded now.

Thanks to all here as well, everyone has been so helpful and patient with my newbiness ;)

I'm not far behind you, nice lookin plant! Bud rot is a huge concern of mine as well, hope everything goes good for you!

Back
Top Bottom