Mold! Please help

It's next to impossible to correctly cure overdried flowers, so if you have a hygrometer for the jar that would help you know when to pull the fruit out!
Aussie here so not sure I've ever had cured buds 😂😂 I have Grove bags and seem to be rising RH very slowly to the correct range, maybe they do do what they say!

Hey @kruroisoi ,

I'll throw in my 2 cents here. You can probably still salvage what you already have drying – yes, remove any stems that look moldy. I would also toss out any buds that contain a lot of these filaments or any areas of grey fuzz... that's botrytis bud rot:

1686605406532.png

A little bit of these filaments is no big deal. The organism should die off in the drying process.

Also you should spray down your box with peroxide. Mix 8 fl oz of 3% drugstore peroxide in 1/2 gal of pure water in the pump sprayer, they spray down your box. Let it dry out before adding buds again. Also, you can spray down your remaining plants in flower with this solution. It won't harm them at all, and will zap any mold or fungi. You can do it once a day. Best to spray in the morning (lights on), so they can dry out. You can also add 6-12 drops of liquid soap (I use Bronner's all natural) to the solution, as a wetting agent / surfactant... helps the peroxide solution cover the leaves and stems.

That could also be where the trichome touched and stretched out and be completely unrelated to mold. See Virgin Ground's post here.
Yep, it's true. Could be that as well.

Hey @kruroisoi ,

I'll throw in my 2 cents here. You can probably still salvage what you already have drying – yes, remove any stems that look moldy. I would also toss out any buds that contain a lot of these filaments or any areas of grey fuzz... that's botrytis bud rot:

1686605406532.png

A little bit of these filaments is no big deal. The organism should die off in the drying process.

Also you should spray down your box with peroxide. Mix 8 fl oz of 3% drugstore peroxide in 1/2 gal of pure water in the pump sprayer, they spray down your box. Let it dry out before adding buds again. Also, you can spray down your remaining plants in flower with this solution. It won't harm them at all, and will zap any mold or fungi. You can do it once a day. Best to spray in the morning (lights on), so they can dry out. You can also add 6-12 drops of liquid soap (I use Bronner's all natural) to the solution, as a wetting agent / surfactant... helps the peroxide solution cover the leaves and stems.
I appreciate your input. After close inspection I believe these to just be stretched trichomes that touched eachother. Same as the photo in the linked post. As of now the only mold I have seen is the stuff that was on the stems... and now I'm starting to believe it was just buildup from my gloves. Feeling alot better about it all now fingers crossed no issues

if you suspect a bud crack it open. it will look brown and dried inside if mold has got to it and spores will fly out everywhere. looks a bit like smoke.

if you suspect a bud crack it open. it will look brown and dried inside if mold has got to it and spores will fly out everywhere. looks a bit like smoke.
Yeah check for that as well.

I made a thread here about it w/ video as well: Diagnose buds: bud rot? Smoke cloud coming from cracked bud

I tossed out 5 oz as a result. Still unsure what my issue was. Thinking it was PM. One plant/strain had a funky ammonia type smell and it carried over to the other plant/strain.

Hi everyone, first time grower.... I've been doing a partial harvest and have dried and currently curing 4 oz in Grove bags. I currently have some drying at about day 4, its been taking about 6 days to dry (45%RH in dry box) and it was actually a little too much as my moisture meter read 8% and when placed in Grove bags settled around 55%RH. Today when I checked on the drying stuff at day 4, I noticed mold where I was holding the stems when wet trimming!! (I was wearing nitrile gloves).
20230607_195257.jpg
Screenshot_20230607-194924_MScopes.jpg
I'm ditching everything that is currently drying in the box but I'm very concerned about the first 4 oz im curing! I read you can break a nug infront of a torch in a dark room and if it "poofs" then its moldy and when I tested, every nug I tested had a small poof.... looking at the nugs under a microscope I can't see anything what do you guys think? Is it all f#cked???
Clean everything you have and wash your hands the spores float around spread so CLEAN!! ✌️

Back
Top Bottom