Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

Gee that looks hot and crispy to me, but I realise those numbers are in Fahrenheit, ovens in my neck of the woods are in Celsius for which 240C is about 460F.
Lol, no mold could last through that!! :laughtwo:

Well I went through the whole plant and there’s no bud rot. That I know for sure, as for the rest... ???
I found one cola that had some of the strings, so I clipped that one away. But I didn’t see any more of it really. I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do here. Maybe I just haven’t mentally accepted that I need to get rid of it all? I didn’t see any little white specks anywhere and I scoped the underside of the leaves too, I didn’t see any critters.

I guess my question is, when we bud wash with lemon and baking soda, what molds does that effectively treat for? I guess that’s what has me confused. I’d hate to throw this out if there’s a way to get around it, especially since I don’t see a lot, as Amy did on hers.

Amy was being extra careful because of her medical conditions, so she was erring on the side of caution when she dumped it. Her feeling was if this is what you can see, what you can't see is the spores that have spread to the rest of the plant.

For botrytis, we just cut it away with good margins, but without identifying what kind of mold you may have, it's hard to know the health effects of smoking whatever spores are in there.

Lemon juice and baking soda won't kill mold though, and neither does H2O2. Depending on the type of mold, different temperatures of heat might, though that is well above my pay grade.

I was in the process of replying before you just updated your post so here it is anyway.
Well I'm in the minority here, but those look like spider webs to me
I'm kinda in agreement with GDB. Mold and caterpillar silk goes all directions, while spider webs tend to be more in a straight line, which is what apears to be in your photo. I would take a closer look before calling it quits on this one.

Vinegar will kill it. Pickled buds, anyone!?!?

It looks to be in the early stages. If we are worried about spores then any plant she has in her house is off limits.

Mold spores are constantly in the air but they need the correct conditions in order to colonize and become something we can observe.

That’s what I was considering too, I know Amy needs to be extra careful and cautious. My mind is really wrestling with it. I’ll look again for spider mites, I would need a scope to see them, right?

That’s what I was considering too, I know Amy needs to be extra careful and cautious. My mind is really wrestling with it. I’ll look again for spider mites, I would need a scope to see them, right?
Not really. A scope is helpful but you just need to focus. My son taught me how to spot them. He said, "See that little tiny dot. It just moved."

After a little concentration (focus), I got it. :Rasta:

Are these spider web like strings on any of the plants you took a test bud off of? If you've already smoked/vaped one or more of the plants and you didn't die or get sick, maybe it's fine?

Are these spider web like strings on any of the plants you took a test bud off of? If you've already smoked/vaped one or more of the plants and you didn't die or get sick, maybe it's fine?
I hope she responds! :laughtwo:

"Spider mites are less than 1 mm (0.04 in) in size"

That's small where I come from, but you have younger eyes!
Lol! Not that much, I’m afraid! My phone keeps getting further and further away when I need to read without glasses.
Not really. A scope is helpful but you just need to focus. My son taught me how to spot them. He said, "See that little tiny dot. It just moved."

After a little concentration (focus), I got it. :Rasta:
Lol, good advice! I didn’t see specks or dots on any on the few leaves I checked, but I’ll go in for further analysis.
Not any testers from this tent yet. I should’ve arranged my plants and fan better for airflow for all of them. I had the good fan pointed at the taller girls for most of the grow. I rearranged it just this past week, but it seems like that was too little, too late.

Morning all! Last night I checked all through the leaves of the amnesia and there were no sign of bug damage or bugs anywhere. I inspected the underside of all the leaves and nothing. I’m fairly sure it was white mold, it looks like Amy what had on hers, just less of it. Here’s a couple more pics of what I did find
698ECDC7-B739-4C7C-95A4-0F60C6085F36.jpeg
2A83425F-99C1-426C-92D6-7C6A176DC34E.jpeg
I’m pretty positive it’s not hair, unfortunately I have plenty of hairs on my buds over these years and they don’t really show in straight lines like this. Hairs have some wave/curl to them and tend to just stick out from the bud, not attached to another point, as the stuff in the pics seem to be doing.

Whatever it is I feel like I found it early, but I very much worry about contaminating the other two autos. I’ll have a good inspection of those two later on today. Hopefully I wasn’t too impulsive with the decision, but it’s too late now. :oops: I chopped amnesia last night. I did save two colas that I inspected pretty thoroughly and didn’t see any strings on. We’ll see how they dry, but I thought I could at least try it and see if I like the amnesia enough to grow it again. Maybe mr h will like it? The rest, I dried in the oven and omg.. it was SO stinky!! I probably won’t do that ever again, it was so overwhelming it made me nauseous.

Now I’m sitting here wondering if I made a mistake chopping her down so quickly. :nervous-guy:Mostly I was afraid of whatever it was, spreading to the other plants and my gut said - get it out of there!!

Here is what I did save
6597AD65-226B-4957-B508-3CD9962F25BD.jpeg
9D34BC73-D56D-481A-B413-0B07EFCA2CF6.jpeg
She gets a thumbs down

Well, I guess we have no choice but to keep moving forward. DDA should be finishing up in maybe a week? I’ll post her trich pics soon, hopefully without any issues!

That’s all I’ve got to report for now, I hope you’re all doing well and staying safe! :love:

I'm amazed that you spotted whatever it is. You really pay close attention to your babies, HH!

It makes me strive to do better, because all kind of stuff slips by my peepers. :Rasta:

And the thumb down is still sexy. As we all know, what goes up must come down!

Thank you guys! But I’m afraid I made a mistake. It’s too late now, but VG found something different and it looks exactly like mine did. She’s collecting the info to share with us, so stay tuned.

So, evidently trichomes can stick to one another while they are growing. They can create these structures often mistaken for webs or mold. If you look closely you can see where the trichome is breaking down and creating this structure. You will also notice that the structure is clear, as is the trichome. It has an iridescence to it that mold won't.
While I'm not positive that this is what's going on with HH's plant. It sure looks like it. I talked to her a little bit ago and she confirmed that her structures were indeed iridescent.

Back
Top Bottom