Bud Rot & Mold vs. Microbes

No oils in flower Cap. Melts trichomes and we don't want to smoke oil in bud too.
Yeah they’re not heavy into flowering and I only hit the leaves and stalk. They should be ok, I had to do something before things got out of control. Just one day and the thrips were leaving white spots on 3 times as many leaves. I excused myself and jumped into 3 different threads and never got a response.smh

Yeah they’re not heavy into flowering and I only hit the leaves and stalk. They should be ok, I had to do something before things got out of control. Just one day and the thrips were leaving white spots on 3 times as many leaves. I excused myself and jumped into 3 different threads and never got a response.smh
I use neem until pistils and then Safers insect killing soap spray (potassium salts of fatty acids) with a rinse when it dries. It needs to actually hit the bugs to kill them and only works when wet.

A week or two ago we were having very hot and humid conditions and I got a patch of brown, dry leaves and buds right in the middle of a couple of colas.

Not sure if it's mold or what it is but I'm assuming it's not good. I sprayed it down with the full strength JMS and have seen no negative effects.

The brown spot has stopped spreading, but the hot, humid weather has also broken so I can't really say which one helped more.

I can say that spraying the mixture on a buds with issues did not make it worse and may have helped stop the spread. At least it seems to have stopped. Curiously, the leaves are still quite firmly attached even though they are dry and brown.

This is a plant I pollinated so want to give it a bit of extra time to help ripen the seeds.

Hey Guys!!!! I have about a gallon of chopped up weed leaves soaking in rain water....what should I make and how??? My brain is still a bit foggy from covid!! There's so much info in this thread that I can't absorb it all. :hmmmm: I don't think I need any bud rot preventer yet as I have no buds and if I understand that stuff won't keep for too long. So should I turn it into some type of elixer?? :hmmmm:

With the weather now getting cooler and wetter, now is a good time to be spraying your plants if you intend to try the microbe solution. Remember we are trying to prevent, not necessarily treat, organic issues. So don't wait until you see pm or mold on your plants to try it.

We want our good microbes to take up residence on the leaf and flower surfaces so the molds and pm have less of a chance to become a problem.

I just sprayed straight Jadam Microbe Solution on 5 SSH, and 2 Mobstah. I'll see how they fare in the rain event from Sunday night through Tuesday. I'll post results. Happy Smokin'

I just sprayed straight Jadam Microbe Solution on 5 SSH, and 2 Mobstah. I'll see how they fare in the rain event from Sunday night through Tuesday. I'll post results. Happy Smokin'
Thanks for posting, Bode. Wishing you dry days and nights.. :Namaste:

Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask if this is a space only for JMS specific information or if I can put some of my findings here (since I’m not sure my methods qualify as JMS). I’ve been doing several experiments with many different solutions, so far showing good results.

Any ways nice thread, and already showing potential.

I've been spraying JMS weekly. Today will be the 4th time. No PM on 2 candidas. No PM anywhere yet.
Thanks, SO. When you say "no PM anywhere yet" are you referring to anywhere on the sprayed plants, or anywhere in the yard, even on non-sprayed plants?

I just wanted to ask if this is a space only for JMS specific information or if I can put some of my findings here (since I’m not sure my methods qualify as JMS). I’ve been doing several experiments with many different solutions, so far showing good results.
Hi D!

This is a space for using microbes to battle some of the late season issues many growers face and your practices certainly qualify as that. I'm hoping we can collectively find some natural methods to help minimize bud rot and pm damage rather than resorting to chemicals. I posted the JMS recipe to allow easy participation by those not familiar with how to go about this, but I'm not trying to prove that JMS is the answer.

I'd be just as happy with a positive result involving microbes from some practice other than JMS. If what you are doing works I hope you'll share your methods here as you have done in your thread. And all of that will spark discussion leading to a better understanding by all of this approach, both the good and the not so good.

So, yes, please post what you are doing and results good and bad. Your thoughts might spark someone else to observe something that can further the art for all of us.

Good morning SO. I’m in S Ontario and have also had quite a dry summer.
I haven’t started a batch of JMS yet and I fear I might be in for some trouble.
I have been spraying with ITS’ citric acid solution but it would be nice to have another piece in the arsenal.
If I read Azimuth’s guide correctly, I’m looking at about a week until it would be ready. Correct?

If I read Azimuth’s guide correctly, I’m looking at about a week until it would be ready. Correct?
Depends on environmental temperature, amount of starting microbes and amount of food source. During warmer weather it can be only two or three days.

The idea is to multiply the microbes found in your starting material. Master Cho, the 'inventor' of the practice says that the microbes will double every 20-30 minutes, so, you can short circuit that time by simply starting out with more microbes at the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom