Bud sites

TheOtherMJ

I'm on my second week of flowering and I can see the different bud sites. Some are blocked by fan leaves. Should I take some of the leaves off so the light can get to the bud?

The general rule is to wait until stretch is over (around about day 21 of flower as a general rule of thumb) and then you can remove fans to expose the bud sites to light. If you defol during stretch it will slow the stretch down. 2 weeks in may still be a little early to strip leaves

If you Google 'keef treez defoliation technique' you will find a very nice tutorial on defoliation (I can't post a link cos it's an external site and 420 will block the link)

Yeah, you can do it during flower mate, that's the ideal time as you get the most benefit in terms of extra light to the buds, but if you do it too early you can shut down stretch (sometimes that can be useful though if you're running of vertical space)

Bassman's got a few excellent journals on defoliation, worth checking out - here

O
Yeah, you can do it during flower mate, that's the ideal time as you get the most benefit in terms of extra light to the buds, but if you do it too early you can shut down stretch (sometimes that can be useful though if you're running of vertical space)

Bassman's got a few excellent journals on defoliation, worth checking out - here

Thanks for the info.. I'm going through his jounal now. He's got a good system going. Alot of good info in it too. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom