Bud Washing

Day 5 and 6 and there still hanging in my tent. Sitting at 51% rh now and the thinnest branch almost wants to snap so there getting there. The buds kept there shape but did shrink considerably. No biggy as its expected. They look really nice tho. Plenty of shiny going on.
you are so lucky to get that much hang time. It make for a much smoother, tastier product. I had to jar mine at 3 days and hope for better outcome this time. Congrats, neighbor !!

you are so lucky to get that much hang time. It make for a much smoother, tastier product. I had to jar mine at 3 days and hope for better outcome this time. Congrats, neighbor !!

3 days is quick - sorry about that.
I have mostly dried hanging (or in a mesh hamper) at the top of my flower room. 75-83 F with 30-60% RH was 10-14 days to dry. Makes me happy :)

And when you jarred it, what was the rh inside the jars ?

I waited for branches to snap, then jarred with Boveda 62 packs - so 62% RH.

For my taste buds, 2 weeks dry after washing tastes great. No cure needed. When the family was consuming an ounce a week, more than half my harvests were smoked within the first month after drying. We would have 3 month and 6 month old cannabis available, but the choice of what to smoke was based more on the strain than on time since harvest. It's been 9 months since my last harvest, but In the next 30 days I am harvesting 3 plants / 3 strains. It will be good to get back to a varety of choices :)

I waited for branches to snap, then jarred with Boveda 62 packs - so 62% RH.

For my taste buds, 2 weeks dry after washing tastes great. No cure needed. When the family was consuming an ounce a week, more than half my harvests were smoked within the first month after drying. We would have 3 month and 6 month old cannabis available, but the choice of what to smoke was based more on the strain than on time since harvest. It's been 9 months since my last harvest, but In the next 30 days I am harvesting 3 plants / 3 strains. It will be good to get back to a varety of choices :)
If I left my weed laying or hanging to dry for two weeks, it would be powder. RH get low in winter in NE.. As you know ? If the weed is less than 55% rh when it goes into the jars, then that 62% boneva isn't going rehydrate it. I put mine into the jars while about 65-68% and every time I burp, it goes down a tiny amount, Till I reach 62%, then seal it and forget it !! I'm envious of you being able to just lay your weed out to dry. Mine would be toast !!

If I left my weed laying or hanging to dry for two weeks, it would be powder. RH get low in winter in NE.. As you know ? If the weed is less than 55% rh when it goes into the jars, then that 62% boneva isn't going rehydrate it. I put mine into the jars while about 65-68% and every time I burp, it goes down a tiny amount, Till I reach 62%, then seal it and forget it !! I'm envious of you being able to just lay your weed out to dry. Mine would be toast !!

I'm drawing on my year round New England experience - "laying it out to dry" in electric heated, forced air-cooled, humidified interior, de-humidified exterior flower area. My machines and tray of water worked hard to give me 40-75% humidity with a goal of 40-55%. :)

I'm drawing on my year round New England experience - "laying it out to dry" in electric heated, forced air-cooled, humidified interior, de-humidified exterior flower area. My machines and tray of water worked hard to give me 40-75% humidity with a goal of 40-55%. :)
Well, I heat with gas, and it's also a contributor to low humidity. And when the humidity all of a sudden gets down in the 20% range and lower, it's difficult controlling it. I have a small humidifier and I hang wet towels, standing water. Nothing works for me, when it dips that low . But like I say, I live in a house that's 80 yrs. old, and doesn't have clean elec heat, with a controlled environment. I heat with gas and cook with gas. When rh outside is like 30, it'll be rh 15% inside. All my house plants suffer, not just the pot plants, especially young clones !!. We're close to Pittsfield, 40 miles to Albany NY. 18' - 2 ft. white stuff starting Tuesday morning. Got my shovel parked on the porch !! Bring it !!

Well, I heat with gas, and it's also a contributor to low humidity. And when the humidity all of a sudden gets down in the 20% range and lower, it's difficult controlling it. I have a small humidifier and I hang wet towels, standing water. Nothing works for me, when it dips that low . But like I say, I live in a house that's 80 yrs. old, and doesn't have clean elec heat, with a controlled environment. I heat with gas and cook with gas. When rh outside is like 30, it'll be rh 15% inside. All my house plants suffer, not just the pot plants, especially young clones !!. We're close to Pittsfield, 40 miles to Albany NY. 18' - 2 ft. white stuff starting Tuesday morning. Got my shovel parked on the porch !! Bring it !!

When I lived in Albany, I used to enjoy driving to Bennington then either north to Manchester for the Mt. Equinox hill climb road and shopping, or South for the Sterling and Francis Clark Art Institute and return home via Pittsfield and New Lebanon. The Clark Art Institute is abut the only thing open in Winter :)

4" snow last night. After Massachusettts, a pittance. I shoveled the steps and path to the garage in my bare feet :)

Sorry in advance if this question has already been asked I have never washed before and was just going to try washing it in like warm water for around 30 seconds anything wrong with this I don't want to use any additives

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sorry in advance if this question has already been asked I have never washed before and was just going to try washing it in like warm water for around 30 seconds anything wrong with this I don't want to use any additives

The 2 'additives' for the wash are lemon juice (a food) and baking soda (a food ingredient.)

The wash ingredients are then rinsed off - twice.

The wash ingredients are approved for vegan, vegetarian, and many other diets.

I just read Material Safety Data Sheets on Lemon Juice and Baking Soda .
Problems with Lemon Juice - None
Problems with Baking Soda - If you eat 3/4 lb a day for 4-10 days you may get sick but you will get better when you stop.

These wash ingredients are safer than chicken or vegetables

When I lived in Albany, I used to enjoy driving to Bennington then either north to Manchester for the Mt. Equinox hill climb road and shopping, or South for the Sterling and Francis Clark Art Institute and return home via Pittsfield and New Lebanon. The Clark Art Institute is abut the only thing open in Winter :)

4" snow last night. After Massachusettts, a pittance. I shoveled the steps and path to the garage in my bare feet :)
Yea, & 2 days from now, it'll be gone, whereas this 2 foot will lay on the ground for 2-3 weeks. But no one can bitch about our winter, up to now, anyways. We're getting a dispensary in Pittsfield !!

But if we are just cleaning dust and dirt from buds luke warm water will do the job of cleaning does the baking soda and lemon make much difference

But if we are just cleaning dust and dirt from buds luke warm water will do the job of cleaning does the baking soda and lemon make much difference

water alone may not do the same job.

also, you dont want to use too warm of water...cool to room temperature..

:Namaste:

It makes a big difference, the chemical reaction that happens when lemon juice and baking soda are mixed is what makes the ''soap'' in the recipe.

I'm confused about the major negativity that follows bud washing, Doc gets trolled on Instagram...

This is a process I'll never skip.

;)

Gotta appreciate the irony in people being opinionated ignorants;)

I still hear stuff like: LED lights are worthless for growing, Autoflowers are useless, only trust this breeder all the others are scam artists - always coming from people who never tried the stuff they trash.

I don't remember where I read it, maybe the 420 news feed, but the article was about concentrates being full of pesticides when tested. This is the stupid shit that gives our hobby/business a bad rap. I would hate to know how many chemicals are sprayed all over crops every single day. Yuk! Dunno how much washing is happening these days, I would never have heard it if it wasn't for 420mag. I've been in a room while a batch was being trimmed and it went straight to a drying line. From there it goes straight to our local dispensaries. That's a practice I'll never follow. Full on WASHED top shelf for moi (and friends).

One of the licensed producers up here in Canada, based in Toronto, recently got into some problems when it turned out some inordinate amount of weed had to be recalled due to pesticide contamination. It's a bit of a cluster fuck because patients weren't notified that these pesticides were being used. It's getting clearer how legalization up here is really going to be a long term struggle because of this terrible system they've established with only select producers being allowed to sell marijuana while a huge grey market continues to outperform it. Safety seems to be a secondary concern over profit which is disheartening as someone who tries to see the good.

I continue to wash my own grown stuff and the buckets are dirty after a few plants of washing. Granted I don't grow in a very controlled environment but it still works wonders. Most people look at me funny when I tell them I do this but to each their own. I tried it when I saw a video some years back with a couple branches and it was like 2 different products.

One of the licensed producers up here in Canada, based in Toronto, recently got into some problems when it turned out some inordinate amount of weed had to be recalled due to pesticide contamination. It's a bit of a cluster fuck because patients weren't notified that these pesticides were being used. It's getting clearer how legalization up here is really going to be a long term struggle because of this terrible system they've established with only select producers being allowed to sell marijuana while a huge grey market continues to outperform it. Safety seems to be a secondary concern over profit which is disheartening as someone who tries to see the good.

I continue to wash my own grown stuff and the buckets are dirty after a few plants of washing. Granted I don't grow in a very controlled environment but it still works wonders. Most people look at me funny when I tell them I do this but to each their own. I tried it when I saw a video some years back with a couple branches and it was like 2 different products.

Pesticide-laden medical marijuana spurs third Canadian lawsuit - The Globe and Mail

Back
Top Bottom