Bunnies?

Bacondoggy

Will bunnies or rabbits eat the cannabis leaves?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I suspect they do. Over the years I've tried several times to do a grow in the woods. Something always ate the little starts that would sprout. One area was not accessible to deer. But rabbits could of got to the area.

Deer are cute. Reindeer, especially so. Squirrels look awesome, scampering around after a nut. Those stupid lambs, they're kind of nice if you favor watching critters that are so dumb they might actually have a negative IQ. Cows, even.

They all look even better... steaming on a plate. Lettuce and other rabbit food, it's okay as a garnish - or even as a component to a dish. But it works best of all... as bait ;) .

Err... I do try to eat a balanced diet. (Well, in theory.) But a good cut of meat, prepared well, has a wonderful flavor/aroma/texture. And knowing that I've hunted/killed/butchered it myself adds a spice that has yet to be captured and bottled in a factory. Knowing that the rabbit which is feeding the person is only returning the favor for having eaten the person's outdoor cannabis garden, lol, would surely add the best spice of all to the dish.

Besides, "free-range" meat is, in most cases, far healthier than what you can find in the grocery store freezer. I saw a help-wanted ad for a worker at a poultry farm the other day and, among other duties, the add mentioned that the employee would be responsible for "removing the many deceased birds every day." Their confinement in such large numbers - and such small spaces - is not only cruel, it is absolutely unhealthy. And the typical industrial farm animal's diet is downright frightening. So, yeah, I'll eat a "cute fuzzy little animal." Especially a rabbit - you don't even need a knife to skin one, lol. I don't get as many animals as I used to, because I'm older and not as able to get around in the woods like I once could, and my vision is declining so my firearms skill is, likewise, declining. At some point in the future, it will undoubtedly be unsafe for me to hunt with a firearm. And I never could... One of the funniest memories I've got of Dad and I together was when we were walking in the woods one day and he whispered, "See that rabbit. Watch this," and then he pulled a rock out of his pocket, threw it, and then went over and collected the unconscious rabbit, lol. I've never been capable of that. But then again, "back in the day," Dad caught the eye of a recruiter for the St. Louis Cardinals organization and was about to enter the minor league when, err, Mom caught Dad's eye and he decided maybe he'd just stick around in town after all. But a rabbit in my yard? Heh....

What i find about bunnies at the gardens where i work in my veg/herb garden i tend to is...

In spring/summer when planting out young plants as these are a often preferred taste as the young leaves are more tender & sweeter than those of older plants around the garden or even a mature plant of the same species just eaten !

Strange that is... ya think it is just food in general but spring/summer when food is abundant the fresh's new growth gets it, ever heard of high brix ? well that might have some thing to do with it.

Winter months are different when food source is limited young sapling trees etc get their bark gnawed food or what ever food is just food then.

Another weird thing i experienced with bunnies is that one year a certain bunny found a liking to my tulip flowers in one of my flower beds, well lets just say most or all bulb flowers, stem, leaf, bulb are poisonous with basic symptoms such as stomach upset, vomiting, diarrhea etc this one bunny loved em !

Well i got hold of that one eventually, i blessed the bunny & sent him to the other side of the fence where the grass is greener & plants always grow back.

Another astonishing fact is bunnies can jump a clear 1 meter / 3 foot in height from standing ! Mmm Hmm ye impressive seen it done cross my heart & the rest of it...

Yup got a bunny fence around my garden made out of chicken mesh/wire 120cm tall keeps the best of em out it is dug in by a few inches & pegged down at the base.

Bunnies are persistent little F*@k's they will look for the weak spot & break in, they will come back for more... unfortunately a little stupid at times as they always use the same run once observed & easy bagged after that :thumb:

Bagged? I was wondering if its legal to take a pointed pellet to the head or heart and have rabbit stew. Is that legal to do? Just a BB gun in a development in my hands (not shooting cars houses breaking windows) just one night SNAP, din-din! I need to get said bb gun acquired then sighted in. Heck my girl lives in a trailer park my next door neighboris cool a fellow vet just older. He got messed up from agent orange. Off topic but I wonder if cannabis would help him

I was wondering if its legal to take a pointed pellet to the head or heart and have rabbit stew. Is that legal to do?

In PA, lol? You live in the wrong state...

Title 34, Chapt. 23 (a) Sec. 2308. Unlawful devices and methods.

(a) General rule. - Except as otherwise provided in this title, it is unlawful for any person to hunt or aid, abet, assist or conspire to hunt any game or wildlife through the use of:

(1) An automatic firearm or similar device.

(2) A semiautomatic rifle or pistol.

(3) Reserved.

(4) A semiautomatic shotgun or magazine shotgun for hunting or taking small game, furbearers, turkey or unprotected birds unless the shotgun is plugged to a two-shell capacity in the magazine.

(5) Any device operated by air, chemical or gas cylinder by which a projectile of any size or kind can be discharged or propelled.

It's kind of shame, too, because my buddy routinely kills squirrels, rabbits, etc. with his (slightly upgraded) Gamo air rifle - and, yes, it is possible to kill a coyote with one if you're aim is dead accurate.

my next door neighboris cool a fellow vet just older. He got messed up from agent orange.

Sounds like most of my uncles. Except, well, they're all dead now as of a few months ago when the last one passed beyond the veil. The last to go... I knew he got some medals when a grenade got tossed into a tent and he was the one who kind of dealt with it (left pieces over there, got some shrapnel in return, some of which took up permanent residence), but man, the douche bags who were in DC at the time sure must have gotten their money's worth out of him. Came back with one eye (and the other badly damaged - he was legally blind), one leg, about 15% hearing, couldn't breathe... Other "little" issues for the rest of his life. Was a real good guy, though. Mom's baby brother. RiP.

I wonder if cannabis would help him

I'm surprised he doesn't already have... experience. I suppose there were a few that didn't get the memo, lol, but every Vietnam vet I ever met smoked more cannabis over there than they did VC - half of them professed to smoke it for the first time "in country." And I guess there were a few other things, too, but we're in Hillbilly Land here, so cannabis, well, "It's in the hills, and in the blood."

Take a look at the forum's medicinal cannabis section:
420 Magazine

One or more of his issues are probably mentioned. And if you feel like a "little" heavy reading, you can check out the CMCR's (Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research at the University of California, San Diego) website:
Home
You can read about their active, pending, and completed studies under "Research." Scientific publications and CMCR papers are under "Publications." And there is more information under "FAQs" (and probably elsewhere on that website). Serious information.

Last I heard, cannabis was a whole lot safer - and more helpful - for vets than the VA....

(a) General rule. - Except as otherwise provided in this title,

**I would like to see what else is provided in the title.
Plus, rodents I dont think are even considered game. Where I live u can shoot a groundhog, take it and get money for killing a rodent.

Thats crazy some of the stuff people go through and for what... I just keep to myself mostly! And pa its legal but it also isnt because the state wants to own ALL grows AND dispensaries. They didnt open so even though the bill passed, UNANIMOUSLY (PA had one of the highest supporters of medicinal marijuana IN THE COUNTRY [90%~]

Ok, started with a cheap "light, moisture and ph" all in one and it was crap. So I gpt a soil test kit. MY GIRLFRIEND lost the stupid plastic thing im guess in you use to suck up the stuff that tells u the ph or whatever. There are vials and a Sony bag I didnt open bc it has the testing liquid I guess. IS THIS ONLY GOOD FOR SOIL? For the love of God I return one thing for another and I dunno if or how to use this she threw the paper away too so yay no specific instructions. Anyone use this? Can it test ur water or just soil or both?

420-magazine-mobile436721925.jpg

(a) General rule. - Except as otherwise provided in this title,

**I would like to see what else is provided in the title.

Title 34 - GAME :: 2015 Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia

Plus, rodents I dont think are even considered game.

Lol. No, probably not. Although the lines are blurred, IMHO - a game animal to me means a food animal, and when you're poor, you can eat all kinds of stuff you wouldn't consider otherwise. Pigeons get eaten from time to time in my area. Speaking of what is "game" when you're poor...

Where I live u can shoot a groundhog, take it and get money for killing a rodent.

When Mom was a kid, she used to have to help her dad hunt groundhogs. They wouldn't use a firearm, though, just a stick - my grandfather was so poor he only owned a single-shot .22LR and saved it for hunting deer (you become a real good shot when you're poor ;) ). I mentioned thinking I might have to start eating them (groundhogs) to Mom earlier this Summer and she shuddered, lol, and told me she'll never eat one again. But IDK if that's because of the taste (couldn't be worse than coyote) or because, well... it must have sucked when other ten-year old girls were playing with dolls and stuff and she had to be out helping her dad kill varmints so her family could have something to eat.

But... Are you allowed to shoot them inside city limits?

PA had one of the highest supporters of medicinal marijuana IN THE COUNTRY [90%~]

Impressive. I hope PA gets their program straightened out. Do they at least issue cards? Some states honor other states' cards. Although traveling would be a big hassle.

So I gpt a soil test kit.

Is that one of the ones where you have to compare colors against a chart? I never could use those - I am "color-challenged." Plus, IDK if they'd be accurate enough to tell the difference between, say, a pH of 5.8 and one of 5.6. I'd rather take $20 or $25 and buy a cheap (but reasonably accurate) digital meter.

Bagged ah that is - succeed in killing or catching (an animal).
"Mike bagged nineteen cod"
synonyms: catch, capture, trap, snare, ensnare etc

I use box cage traps with a pressure plate in, bunny steps on pressure plate the door close's i turn up for work in the morning check the ol box & if lucky bagging or bagged said critter i do the right honourable thing, if it is a nice fat bunny it go's on a dinner date with Stewart Pot :thumb:

Most soil PH kits are liquid where i'm from but i believe i've seen another forum member with a kit like that.

Ye that white powder stuff ya need to put x amount ? into one of those tubes fill with some water & give it a good shake for that stuff to dissolve add soil give another shake etc... see what color it turns then cross reference with booklet PH range.

It should have some simple guidelines available tho, i've not used one like that before i'd imagine it is some thing like that.

Yeah when you get not much sleep and haven't periods of being totally tired like I am I feel like I go on zombie mode into a stupid habit of insanity that I get mad at myself and just dont even do it. (Talking about that soil ph thing - my g/f took the real small straw looking think only longer with the top a bubble with ml levels on it and lost that with the directions of put this in here with this amount - gone. She moved it one too many times or threw it out not knowing what it was lol)

Back
Top Bottom