Calling All lighting experts for advice

Do you mind me asking what it cost? Just want to compare it with the MARS light. Also, did you get all the parts from the same place, and if so where? Thx.

Around $250.00
Got all parts from china via Google searches.

Around $250.00
Got all parts from china via Google searches.
Damn. Very nice. Half price, more or less. I gotta wonder how much shipping was since there were multiple purchases from different sellers all in China. How much did that impact the final price, and did you have any anxiety or concern about getting a piece of junk from anyone?

Damn. Very nice. Half price, more or less. I gotta wonder how much shipping was since there were multiple purchases from different sellers all in China. How much did that impact the final price, and did you have any anxiety or concern about getting a piece of junk from anyone?

I didn't stress about it honestly. Just put it together slowly as I got the parts.

Bro.. DONT BUY HPS. LEDs my friend.

I'm also looking to buy leds for a 3x3 tent. My issue is I dont wanna upgrade next year after I buy them. I want to run them for many years to come.

thanks for the info friends,,

that's all it takes to turn me around and head me in the right direction,, :thanks:

i will have a chat with buddy at the grow store as well, indeed,, cheers

thanks for the info friends,,

that's all it takes to turn me around and head me in the ri8ght direction,, :thanks:

i will have a chat with buddy at the grow store as well, indeed,, cheers

Honestly man if HSP was a reasonable solution, I would have suggested it. BUT for real LED is the way to go nowadays and likly will remain that way for many decades to come...

Today a friend of mine offered me FREE HPS system for my 3x3 and I turned it down. It's not viable for me or my hydro bill lol

LEDs = cost alot upfront but pay alot less to run them.
HPS = Cheap up front and costly to run them. IMO...

Honestly man if HSP was a reasonable solution, I would have suggested it. BUT for real LED is the way to go nowadays and likly will remain that way for many decades to come...

Today a friend of mine offered me FREE HPS system for my 3x3 and I turned it down. It's not viable for me or my hydro bill lol

LEDs = cost alot upfront but pay alot less to run them.
HPS = Cheap up front and costly to run them. IMO...

i have decided to buy the sun,, cuz this is what it does,,

P1170906.JPG

ha, i am dreamin,,

i have decided to buy the sun,, cuz this is what it does,,

But the suggested light-to-canopy distance is too much for my grow space height :hmmmm:.

Hi guys, my very first post so be kind, I have been looking at investing in LED’s it looks to me that Spider Farmer are up there as one off the best. Please give me your thoughts on this
Thanks

it looks to me that Spider Farmer are up there as one off the best. Please give me your thoughts on this

One of the best out of a group of... one?

They've got a little one that's $20 more expensive than the Mars Hydro product that it seems to be compared with most often. For that additional $20, you get... less light.

If you're okay with the concept of buying from the PRC in the first place, buy Mars Hydro products. That company has been in existence longer, manufactures their own products instead of them coming out of the same factory as several other brands, and has continuously supported this forum for approximately seven and a half years. They've also solicited - and used - suggestions for improving their products.

One of the best out of a group of... one?

They've got a little one that's $20 more expensive than the Mars Hydro product that it seems to be compared with most often. For that additional $20, you get... less light.

If you're okay with the concept of buying from the PRC in the first place, buy Mars Hydro products. That company has been in existence longer, manufactures their own products instead of them coming out of the same factory as several other brands, and has continuously supported this forum for approximately seven and a half years. They've also solicited - and used - suggestions for improving their products.
The efficiency and quality of Spider farmer in everything I have read is far better than Marshydro, only thing in Mars favour is the price

Ok guys, need assistance in this last choice...
@SmokeSara @Emilya @TorturedSoul @Stormblessed and everyone els ;)

Purely from a price vs performance decision...

Pretend this is your 3x3 tent with 4 plants and your looking to get max size plants with lowest cost possible... what option would you choose?

All Marshydro products...

2x SP150 - 150w (no dimmable)
1x TWS 2000 - 300w (Dimmable)
1x FC 3000 - 300w (Dimmable)
I use the TSW 2000's. 1 TSW 2000 is perfect for a 3' x 3'. 4' x 4' Veg footprint & 3' x 3' Flower footprint. I love these lights as they work amazing. Fixing to buy a 4th one so I can run 4 in a 6.5' x 6.5' tent.
The FC 3000 is probably even better though as it has the bar set up & the light should spread more even. About $100 more though.

Hi guys, my very first post so be kind, I have been looking at investing in LED’s it looks to me that Spider Farmer are up there as one off the best. Please give me your thoughts on this
Thanks
Spider Farmer & Meizhi are the same lights. I use to run Meizhi. They are OK for a 1st light but not that great over all.
A Mars Hydro light costs about the same & does a way better job. I was pulling 4 - 5 oz. per plant with the Meizhi. My lowest yield with the Mars has been 8.6 oz. When comparing yield to cost Mars wins hands down.

I've often found myself wondering why, if a person has already decided that they "know" the answer to a question, they wast everyone's time by asking it.
Haven’t decided I know the answer at all, just looking for some learned advice, but Some replies are Just put downs by people that haven’t anything to offer but put downs Not one useful quantitative piece of advice given

I use the TSW 2000's. 1 TSW 2000 is perfect for a 3' x 3'. 4' x 4' Veg footprint & 3' x 3' Flower footprint. I love these lights as they work amazing. Fixing to buy a 4th one so I can run 4 in a 6.5' x 6.5' tent.
The FC 3000 is probably even better though as it has the bar set up & the light should spread more even. About $100 more though.
Thanks man

I to went round & round thinking about buying the Spider Farmer lights in the past. I also bought some (not allowed to say the name) but P900's for $1050 ea. These Mars Hydro TSW 2000's were 1/4th the price & I've doubled my yields with them. They are doing something right so I can't think of a better bang for your buck light without it being DIY. They keep coming out with better & better lights all the time so you know they're trying their best to be all they can be. I've been through at least 10 different light brands & I'm finally perfectly content with these lights so I wont be changing up any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom