Can I battery power 3 150W LED with this battery

s-l1600.jpg

The Ideal Professional TECNOARC 211 IGBT Inverter welder for MMA welding with a DC coated electrode.

Single-phase power supply.

Digital welding current display.

Comes with Tig scratch handle.

Allows welding with rutile, basic electrodes, stainless steel and cast iron.

Electronically controlled, smooth welding current control.

It has functions that facilitate the welding process:

ANTI STICK: short-circuit - automatically switches off the welding voltage if the electrode sticks to the material being welded, which makes it easier to tear off and prevents the accidental formation of a welding arc
ARC FORCE: short-circuit current regulation - makes it easier to transfer drops of molten electrode onto the welded material, preventing the arc from being extinguished when the electrode drops into contact with the weld pool
HOT START: makes it easier to ignite the electrode by providing more welding current at each arc ignition.

The maximum diameter of the coated electrode 4.0.

Cooled with a fan.

Overload protection.

PHYSICAL PARAMETERS:

Degree of protection: IP23

TECHNICAL PARAMETERS:
7.3 kW power
Idle voltage: 63 V
Maximum current: 200 A - 60%
Working current 60%: 200 A
Diameter of welding electrode: 1.6 - 4.0
Welding current adjustment range: 10 - 200 A

POWER PARAMETERS:
Power supply protection: 20 A
Nominal voltage of 230 V; 50Hz (1ph)
Screenshot_20200602-231936_Chrome.jpg

Hi Thunderfuck,

Yes Dwight Monk is correct... this is not a battery!

But also hold on just a minute. Many new models of big-ag farm tractors are equipped to run as generator or welder without modification. Further many portable welders have a gas or diesel power plant that can be readily used as a generator without modification. (Not saying this one does) This one does not appear to specify any info about an engine, I mean it should tell horsepower & wattage output right? Like 12 horsepower delivering 5000 watts or 18 horsepower pumping 8kw. According to the ad it has the voltage inverter built in. {Voltage inverter converts battery or dc power (direct current) into standard household current or ac power (alternating current)] But a big problem I see is that this product is listed for sale in England and highly suspect. It may not be wired for use in your country and / or may have incorrect voltage settings tapped. (As in tapping a transformer) which means changing the transformer wiring to match proper output voltage for the load it drives. Do the input and output plugs (if any are supplied) match the types of outlets that you use in your country? These wiring pigtails are not cheap and it would suck to have to rig, retrofit or rewire a brand new piece of equipment and by doing so it would absolutely void the warranty.

It does say 7.3 kw output, but why would you plug a welder into an outlet to convert ac into dc then back to ac again? Why not just plug lights into an outlet where there is no need for an inverter?

But the bigger question is why you are trying to run power in an off grid situation? Why not nix the fans and measly 150 watts bulbs and go full on solar by letting the sun do it’s job. Sunshine = free! No sound from generator engine = better stealth!

Whatever the reasons - it would be far simpler and cheaper to adapt your grow to a stealthy location using the schedule of the sun, if that’s possible of course! Not a grow master here but the electrical aspects are easy enough.

Best of luck to ya man!

The plug matches my country and i can not use the sun this is a very stealthy grow and cant be noticeably so no solar pannels no generator to load no cable so a battery of some sort would be the only solution

A battery has to be charged somehow, so no generator and no solar you would have to have to pack batteries in and take other batteries back to be recharged (which isn't anywhere near "stealthy" either). Regular household bulb(s) run off a battery isn't going to net you much of anything (or closer to nothing depending on your luck) and really not enough to even bother with all that coupled with the risks involved apparently. No real magic way to make power or enough power to do much of anything, I have no idea what a tesla motor puts out but can't imagine that much. And far as I know they don't have personal atomic reactors as of yet so that not an option ;) .

I know they used to sell house batteries, but I don't know anything about them.
I just googled them. They do still exist, and are for sale here in North America. They're mostly meant to supply electricity during a power outage. If you're determined enough, you might be able to use one of those, but at that point you have to weigh the costs.
Good luck.

I agree with Dwight & CanadianJim In so many ways. By definition a battery is a mobile power source, however a battery is also a very temporary power source, it has to be recharged. This would require that you swap batteries at very regular intervals. This would require a heavy duty battery like a marine battery, you may get 2 days run time out of 1 battery. But you will need 2 batteries, one to use and one to charge.

Electrically speaking powering up a light is one thing, but a motor fits into 2 special categories. 1) Being a resistance motor (because all motors have resistance) it takes a lot more juice to spin a motor than to power a light bulb and 2) a motor runs on what us called continuous duty - it keeps on running indefinitely it draws even more juice over the long haul cause it’s.... wait for it.... cause it’s always running. Those tiny fans draw continuous power every minute 24 X 7. Can you say big power draw = battery is depleted even quicker. Then there is swapping the battery every day or every 2 days and beating a trail down to your grow.

So that leaves you with miniature hydro as an option but will take multiple setups and serious costs to do your power unless you have a river on site and even that will cost you to get setup. Plus visible gear and wires etc etc.

None of the above are good options. For me this is too simple: either find a stealthy outdoor growing location and use the sun, or move to an indoor grow location where power is readily available.

but hey it’s your call.

I have been thinking abiut this alot and i thin i found a solution use 8 pcs of AA battery led light strip and wire 9v pc fans with batteries and battery temperature and humidity meter and then i have no no need for plug or anything and can fit 6-8 plants

Back
Top Bottom