Canadian Growers Group & Friends

The Four Girls in the garden are getting a little hard to hide, 8 feet high and growing. The strains from Left to right are: Bangi Haze, Nepal Jam, Power Plant and Zamaldelica X (Durban Poison x Big Freeze). I'm hoping we don't get an evacuation alert as the fires are moving closer. Oh well, you can only do what you can do when things are out of your control. Still I'm crossing my fingers that I will end up with something for the winter. Hasta luego mis amigos.
The four Garden girls.jpg
Does or would lollipopping benefit them outdoors? I never see it done, but It would drive all the power to colas i'd think.

I started pulling these in & out on July 27th, these 2 bud pics are from Aug 6th & 7th. So this is day 11 & 12 of the switch to 12/12...
Aug 6 2684.JPG

Aug 7th
Aug 7 bud 2692.JPG

I would say we have liftoff on Aug 7th here, today Aug 8th they are even more developed.
Here's a shot of the lot from yesterday I put the runt from my room in the center the other day.
Aug 7 2691.JPG

So far I haven't messed up the timing...yet

Smoking one in the woods today
and I don't see any start of the buds over here on the east side
P1690856.JPG

Mix-1B (M39xSourGrape).... :nomo:
P1690863.JPG
P1690870.JPG
P1690869.JPG

Mix-M29 (PeyotePurplexStrawberryFrost)....:reading420magazine:
P1690860.JPG
P1690866.JPG

Mix-M53 (SCDCxBlueberry)....:popcorn:
P1690859.JPG

I started pulling these in & out on July 27th, these 2 bud pics are from Aug 6th & 7th. So this is day 11 & 12 of the switch to 12/12...
Aug 6 2684.JPG

Aug 7th
Aug 7 bud 2692.JPG

I would say we have liftoff on Aug 7th here, today Aug 8th they are even more developed.
Here's a shot of the lot from yesterday I put the runt from my room in the center the other day.
Aug 7 2691.JPG

So far I haven't messed up the timing...yet
Great. I put my plant inside on Aug 1st. for 36 hr. of darkness and then on a 12/12 schedule and she started showing me pistils on the 7th of Aug. ....

I've been asking around about early flowering because i had one plant (kushy kush by canuck seed) start flowering end of july.

farmer told me a mature plant can flower with 15 hours of light if light isn't strong enough, like forest fires making sunny days hazy or alot of cloudy rainy days.
enviroment can trick flowering gene to start triggering and the plants become less sentive to light trigger and flower early. he said he thinks plant is protecting itself for a short grow season and the wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

WARNING*** this discussion was on shrooms and i have no clue if true but the best reason i've heard that makes sense, i mean we fertilize are plants every year the same way and they don't flower early most years. i don't know if some kind of steriod could trigger flowering or have i google any of this to research.

@Plant Daddy photo plants topped 3 times, they get top heavey and bottom gets no light(i'm too lazy too clean up underneath, but you should) i use bottom popcorn bud for edibles.
I try and net them this year too harvest less broken branches early, good support is a must because monster buds hold monster amounts of water, snap, crackle , pop you have early harvest samples.

20210809_174639.jpg

auto's topped, one on right isn't topped. thinking i'll be topping my auto's from now on. i'll alos have to build something around the autos when buds get bigger.
20210809_174559.jpg

my clones planted in july, want to see how big they get planting late.
20210809_174610.jpg

I've been asking around about early flowering because i had one plant (kushy kush by canuck seed) start flowering end of july.

farmer told me a mature plant can flower with 15 hours of light if light isn't strong enough, like forest fires making sunny days hazy or alot of cloudy rainy days.
enviroment can trick flowering gene to start triggering and the plants become less sentive to light trigger and flower early. he said he thinks plant is protecting itself for a short grow season and the wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

WARNING*** this discussion was on shrooms and i have no clue if true but the best reason i've heard that makes sense, i mean we fertilize are plants every year the same way and they don't flower early most years. i don't know if some kind of steriod could trigger flowering or have i google any of this to research.

@Plant Daddy photo plants topped 3 times, they get top heavey and bottom gets no light(i'm too lazy too clean up underneath, but you should) i use bottom popcorn bud for edibles.
I try and net them this year too harvest less broken branches early, good support is a must because monster buds hold monster amounts of water, snap, crackle , pop you have early harvest samples.

20210809_174639.jpg

auto's topped, one on right isn't topped. thinking i'll be topping my auto's from now on. i'll alos have to build something around the autos when buds get bigger.
20210809_174559.jpg

my clones planted in july, want to see how big they get planting late.
20210809_174610.jpg

your asking how to make a plant flower N P K university time

feed your plant P to flower eg 5 40 5...

not a hormone ..

thats all i did aug 1st feed blooming transitioning ferts.. versu heavy duty blooming fert to finish up..

Just had my dab and enjoying living vicariously through everybody's plants! Also sold my camper, it will free up some coin to spend on the grow shed! Here's some interesting propeller head reading from the the Max Planck Institute. :roorrip:

Wow those cobs look fantastic! Tangwena would be proud of you!
I put it away for curing for the next 3 months but did keep out one small piece of one of the cobs to try out. I have smoked over the last couple of days smoked a couple of joints... what I have learnt is I need to reduce the quantity in the joints and it is smooth to smoke.....The texture reminds me of pipe tobacco

whats a cobs.. looks like rat dropping s..
In all seriousness it is a way of curing cannabis through heating it up and fermentation which in laymen terms breaks down the sugars and starches of the raw plant material and makes for a much smother smoke. The Cob is compressed and cured over a month to in my case 3 months. Each cob pictured was very close to a 28 grams of 3 day dried buds and compressed and heated to 104F for 2 days then 12 days at 85F. Now they are in storage curing for 3 months. The smell and texture of the final product reminds me of pipe Tabaco and is very mild when smoked.....that's the Cole Notes version.

These two titles below if searched on 420 will give you the low down if you are interested as it is pretty straight forward and needs min equipment and it is a modern version of a old African tech to cure Cannabis ...hope this helps.

Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis​

Cobbing: The Essentials​

Back
Top Bottom