Canadian Growers Group & Friends

There's a hard business to get into Herby exspcially when you have large suppliers like Symple, they will even tailor make a variety for you. I only know of one producer that pops up from time to time and does a drop locally, old school Skunk #1 stuff. EC Genetic and High Tide dabble in their own stuff I think and don't know about Green Avenger. Only regs and fems for me and just never got into autos. Project now is seeing if floppy plant keeps it's buzz and resin into S2's , lord knows what will comes of it. Clone shipping is one thing I'm interested in. I'm loosing my sight and take stuff when I don't wan't tremmors, keeps me from going down to many roads. :thumb: Floopy plant gives back 25% of it's weight in rosin easy. Will be interesting to see what it does in the sun!

20231017_175409.jpg
I hear ya Odjob I'm in the business, I have been selling seeds in a few stores already around where I live... It takes a lot of work and dedication to produce quality seeds. When it comes to the seed market I look at it like this ... If you want to buy from a big box store you can and hope you get what you paid for and then there's the craft market like you said tailoring cultivars to peoples specific needs, That's the market I ventured into and have been doing good in it.

Also I created the TokenSeedz brand merchandise to help promote the seeds and other products threw indirect marketing .. So whenever someone see's a TokenSeedz hoodies, hats or grinders etc with our logo on it ..Its free advertising for us can't beat that! lol

Totally agree never got into growing autos maybe in the future .. Regs are usually what I work with, unless I want a specific pheno flavor and trait from an ol school cultivar then I'll work with an S1 fem of it.

Clone shipping is something we are working on for next spring.. This floppy plant cultivar what's the genetic make up of her it sounds fire? For your tremors have you ventured down the road of a heavy CBD plant to calm those? Cool rosin making, you have your own rosin press?... In the next few weeks I'm going to be making some cold water bubble hash you ever make some?... Yup I know I'm still into ol school hash making.. Guess I'm a Hash man at heart.. lol

I hear ya Odjob I'm in the business, I have been selling seeds in a few stores already around where I live... It takes a lot of work and dedication to produce quality seeds. When it comes to the seed market I look at it like this ... If you want to buy from a big box store you can and hope you get what you paid for and then there's the craft market like you said tailoring cultivars to peoples specific needs, That's the market I ventured into and have been doing good in it.

Also I created the TokenSeedz brand merchandise to help promote the seeds and other products threw indirect marketing .. So whenever someone see's a TokenSeedz hoodies, hats or grinders etc with our logo on it ..Its free advertising for us can't beat that! lol

Totally agree never got into growing autos maybe in the future .. Regs are usually what I work with, unless I want a specific pheno flavor and trait from an ol school cultivar then I'll work with an S1 fem of it.

Clone shipping is something we are working on for next spring.. This floppy plant cultivar what's the genetic make up of her it sounds fire? For your tremors have you ventured down the road of a heavy CBD plant to calm those? Cool rosin making, you have your own rosin press?... In the next few weeks I'm going to be making some cold water bubble hash you ever make some?... Yup I know I'm still into ol school hash making.. Guess I'm a Hash man at heart.. lol
Would like to see the promotion of pollen for sale from known cannabis commodities for the home grower, that maybe a market no one is actively promoting yet.....

My goal is to be able to trade seeds and clones at Seedy Saturday and the Farmers Market. Most of my weed will go to dry sift rosin! My selection process is really easy, high as you can get for the least amount smoked, no time for cbd. :). The large scale outfit here sends clones regularly for on reason or another so it works!

Plant is Tantalize that came from Jaxs. Blue Hawaiian x Nakahama. Neat thing about the stems falling over is that they grow adventitious root spots all the way up the stalk.

Would like to see the promotion of pollen for sale from known cannabis commodities for the home grower, that maybe a market no one is actively promoting yet.....
Its starting to become a market, I've seen reputable Canadian breeders offer up pollen from some of their male studs and reversals from prized cuts.

Plant is Tantalize that came from Jaxs. Blue Hawaiian x Nakahama. Neat thing about the stems falling over is that they grow adventitious root spots all the way up the stalk.
Nice!!!... I find anything with Hawaiian genetics will sport the large falling over stem structure plus amazing pineapplish terps and calming euphotic high.

Hey my friends it's been a while since I contributed anything, we had a very eventful time with the house flooding and were chasing our tails everyday until all the salvaging and renos were completed. Nevertheless I did managed to grow outside two plants to maturity at 50 degrees north; they are still in my backyard, but their time draws near as it's getting colder and wetter at night, butl no mould yet. I grew one hybrid sativa cross from four different lines I've been working on for five years now, the hybrid has at least two distinct phenos, one which started flowering in late June, which was going to be my ultimate pinnacle of breeding success for an early flowering sativa, until I accidentally killed it with too many newts. And the other pheno budding much, much later. Both phenos are from a cross I made last summer and have Egyptian, Himalayan, Thai, Malawi, Mexican, and Reunian Island genes, AND all were sativas. The Sinai (Egyptian) is noted for being very good medical cannabis, people say it has a real euphoric quality and gives intense munchies. the Himalayan is noted for being very blissful as well and the rest are known for their strong psychedelic sativa highs. So in the last few days I've been vaping the odd bud after a quick microwave. I call it The United Nations. Here's a quick smoke report from the long flowering pheno:

The colour of the bud is dark green with blue-purplish highlights and orange pistils
The smell is deep floral, lavender overtones and spicy, maybe some slight nuances of fruit (no trace of skunk)
The vapour from the Volcano at 387 F was thick and white. I got 2 great bags of
vapour with 1 more being about half-full.
The taste is sweet, spicy a bit floral, maybe a bit woody and earthy.
The high is not what I was expecting, (I imagined it would be a huge psychedelic rush, but it's not like that.) It reminds me of taking codeine, there's a feeling of contentment and peace I find with opioids, but also of being very aware of what's happening around you, very relaxing and absolutely no paranoia. I assume it is the Sinai and Himalayan genes that are expressed the most here. I think it would be superb medical cannabis.

The other plant is Mountain Gold, a heady cross of Hawaiian sativa and Oaxaca Sativa and smells like lemons, I've vaped this too and it's a strong Sativa high but a light in spirit, excellent for watching science documentaries or socializing, without any burnout or paranoid thoughts, great weed. So tomorrow I will likely chop these two but today is sunny and reasonably warm so they will live one more day.
20231018_083238.jpg

20231018_083322.jpg
20231018_122030.jpg
20231018_112045.jpg
20231018_122117.jpg

Hey my friends it's been a while since I contributed anything, we had a very eventful time with the house flooding and were chasing our tails everyday until all the salvaging and renos were completed. Nevertheless I did managed to grow outside two plants to maturity at 50 degrees north; they are still in my backyard, but their time draws near as it's getting colder and wetter at night, butl no mould yet. I grew one hybrid sativa cross from four different lines I've been working on for five years now, the hybrid has at least two distinct phenos, one which started flowering in late June, which was going to be my ultimate pinnacle of breeding success for an early flowering sativa, until I accidentally killed it with too many newts. And the other pheno budding much, much later. Both phenos are from a cross I made last summer and have Egyptian, Himalayan, Thai, Malawi, Mexican, and Reunian Island genes, AND all were sativas. The Sinai (Egyptian) is noted for being very good medical cannabis, people say it has a real euphoric quality and gives intense munchies. the Himalayan is noted for being very blissful as well and the rest are known for their strong psychedelic sativa highs. So in the last few days I've been vaping the odd bud after a quick microwave. I call it The United Nations. Here's a quick smoke report from the long flowering pheno:

The colour of the bud is dark green with blue-purplish highlights and orange pistils
The smell is deep floral, lavender overtones and spicy, maybe some slight nuances of fruit (no trace of skunk)
The vapour from the Volcano at 387 F was thick and white. I got 2 great bags of
vapour with 1 more being about half-full.
The taste is sweet, spicy a bit floral, maybe a bit woody and earthy.
The high is not what I was expecting, (I imagined it would be a huge psychedelic rush, but it's not like that.) It reminds me of taking codeine, there's a feeling of contentment and peace I find with opioids, but also of being very aware of what's happening around you, very relaxing and absolutely no paranoia. I assume it is the Sinai and Himalayan genes that are expressed the most here. I think it would be superb medical cannabis.

The other plant is Mountain Gold, a heady cross of Hawaiian sativa and Oaxaca Sativa and smells like lemons, I've vaped this too and it's a strong Sativa high but a light in spirit, excellent for watching science documentaries or socializing, without any burnout or paranoid thoughts, great weed. So tomorrow I will likely chop these two but today is sunny and reasonably warm so they will live one more day.
20231018_083238.jpg

20231018_083322.jpg
20231018_122030.jpg
20231018_112045.jpg
20231018_122117.jpg
That United nations cultivar sounds awesome!!!... Love the mix of genetics you used in it. That Mountain Gold with the Oaxaca and Hawaiian glad to see others working with those genetics. What's the flowering time for those crosses, Is it under14 weeks cause I know with Malawi it takes along time to flower? Have you tried running them indoors yet was wondering how they would perform in those conditions?

That United nations cultivar sounds awesome!!!... Love the mix of genetics you used in it. That Mountain Gold with the Oaxaca and Hawaiian glad to see others working with those genetics. What's the flowering time for those crosses, Is it under14 weeks cause I know with Malawi it takes along time to flower? Have you tried running them indoors yet was wondering how they would perform in those conditions?
Great questions Herby, the flowering time isn't as long as the classic tropical sativas I love, so about 10 weeks or so. These two crosses are still alive in my back yard and I will likely harvest this Sunday (22nd). I've tried longer flowering sativas that needed to be finished in the house, but that is not convenient, so I crossed them with a faster flowering variety from Egypt called Sinai known as an earlier flowering sativa. Golden Tiger from ACE seeds (takes about 16 weeks), an F1 cross of Thai and Malawi. This crossed with Sinai had a much earlier flowering period (10 weeks). Next I crossed Zamaldelica ( which is ACE's F1 Golden Tiger crossed with a fast flowering Reunion Island sativa) And that was crossed with Purple Satellite (an F1 cross of Himalayan sativa and Oaxaca Gold from Green Mountain Seeds. And finally the cross of both of those crosses became the United Nations, so lots of sativas in one cross.

The Mountain Gold from Green Mountain Seeds by Vermontman is an F1 from Hawaiian and Oaxaca sativas I think would do well indoors and early tests show a real clear, clean high without any heaviness. Kind of like drinking champagne.

The Zamaldelica - Purple Satellite F1 cross (from last year) was a great up sativa high so I'll grow that again, very warm and cerebral. This would also do well indoors too. The Untied Nations would also do well I believe especially for a med plant.

I don't have much expertise indoor growing so for some they may find the THC ratio of crosses I grow isn't as high as they're used to, but I grow for the quality of the high and sativas are my plant of choice.

5 Islands on the Minas Basin. Very little recreational boating there because of really high tides. We use outboards. You can walk there on the neap tides ........ if you know what your doing! This is Triasic rock overlaid with volcanic basalt, back when the Pangea split apart. Geological wonderland the rock in NS. Off topic but so cool!

cliffs on water.jpg

Great questions Herby, the flowering time isn't as long as the classic tropical sativas I love, so about 10 weeks or so. These two crosses are still alive in my back yard and I will likely harvest this Sunday (22nd). I've tried longer flowering sativas that needed to be finished in the house, but that is not convenient, so I crossed them with a faster flowering variety from Egypt called Sinai known as an earlier flowering sativa. Golden Tiger from ACE seeds (takes about 16 weeks), an F1 cross of Thai and Malawi. This crossed with Sinai had a much earlier flowering period (10 weeks). Next I crossed Zamaldelica ( which is ACE's F1 Golden Tiger crossed with a fast flowering Reunion Island sativa) And that was crossed with Purple Satellite (an F1 cross of Himalayan sativa and Oaxaca Gold from Green Mountain Seeds. And finally the cross of both of those crosses became the United Nations, so lots of sativas in one cross.

The Mountain Gold from Green Mountain Seeds by Vermontman is an F1 from Hawaiian and Oaxaca sativas I think would do well indoors and early tests show a real clear, clean high without any heaviness. Kind of like drinking champagne.

The Zamaldelica - Purple Satellite F1 cross (from last year) was a great up sativa high so I'll grow that again, very warm and cerebral. This would also do well indoors too. The Untied Nations would also do well I believe especially for a med plant.

I don't have much expertise indoor growing so for some they may find the THC ratio of crosses I grow isn't as high as they're used to, but I grow for the quality of the high and sativas are my plant of choice.
Lots of those plants just need indoor help to see whats there. Floppy plant got 120 days flowering and wanted more so lots of tropical going on. Hardly begins to flower outdoors but over the top potent given a chance. First 20 minutes can be shakey.:laughtwo:

Running around in tee shirts here. Little Wiener Dog takes to shitting in the house when the cold is coming, better than any weatherman ever thought of being. My shed is beyond a short quarantine to deal with any migrating bugs so time to plant. I'm bringing dirt indoors and putting plants in flower right away and also hoping I have no vermin in my compost. Vermin as in parasitic worms and insects, not the wack job human kind. 21 and sunny tomorrow!

Planted 10 seeds and got 10. Someone is getting 1/2 a dozen. My neighbor is in the Halloween spirit and blasting Rob Zombie. To bad not many licence holders are into seed production, most are legal for it. Most likely to much compitition?

Back
Top Bottom