Canadian Growers Group & Friends

Hi Guys! Remember when I said last year that @CropKingSeeds sent me twice the order and billed me twice. Tried to call with no call backs and e-mailed them to no avail.....They even denied getting such e-mail so I resent it.
So I decided to wait till I used the first 20 seeds they sent me..... Soooo fu**ing small...only tapped 7 outta 20.
Bad enough they doubled my order, almost $500 in seeds, I didn't even get my 420 discount.
I asked them to at least respect their 80% germination and got NADA!!!!
I showed them the link to my first journal where I tapped 9/10 of the Cafe Racers I bought from them, so I know what I am doing and yet they where complete fuc'ing assholes.
I still have 20 seeds and they look pathetic. Sooo small and dark, they rarely tap with 14-18 hours of soak, as they recommend.

Soo freakin' discouraged!!!!😢

Hi Guys! Remember when I said last year that @CropKingSeeds sent me twice the order and billed me twice. Tried to call with no call backs and e-mailed them to no avail.....They even denied getting such e-mail so I resent it.
So I decided to wait till I used the first 20 seeds they sent me..... Soooo fu**ing small...only tapped 7 outta 20.
Bad enough they doubled my order, almost $500 in seeds, I didn't even get my 420 discount.
I showed them the link to my first journal where I tapped 9/10 of the Cafe Racers I bought from them, so I know what I am doing and yet they where complete fuc'ing assholes.
I still have 20 seeds and they look pathetic. Sooo small and dark, they rarely tap with 14-18 hours of soak, as they recommend.

We are very sorry to hear this. For the record, Crop King hasn't been a sponsor here in a long time, so there's most likely no discount for being a member here. I know this doesn't help now, but in the future if you purchase from our current sponsors, we can intervene and get involved :goodluck:

found one saying 100% sativa and another 80 /20 indica and 50 /50 go figure
it's pretty much impossible to replicate the work of a breeder unless you're breeding the same two plants together.
and some breeding projects don't end at the f1 generation so they will diverge even more over time.
so two sources of the same strain can have characteristics that vary quite drastically
and the indica / sativa dominance may depend on the selections involved during those breeding choices.

honestly, i don't really understand where they come up with these 80 / 20 type numbers.
what are they measuring? leaf characteristic? plant height? something else?
and over a fairly large population or just for a single phenotype? seems a bit BS.

T

That's a bummer Scotty. I bought some TNR seeds from Marc Emory years ago, all were tiny and dark black and none ever sprouted, cost me 60 bucks back in the early 2000s. I've heard if you to scuff them up a bit by rubbing them on sandpaper lightly it helps break open the shell a little. Some people line a matchbox with sandpaper and then shake the seeds inside to scuff them. Perhaps if I had done that some may have sprouted. Who knows?

T

That's a bummer Scotty. I bought some TNR seeds from Marc Emory years ago, all were tiny and dark black and none ever sprouted, cost me 60 bucks back in the early 2000s. I've heard if you to scuff them up a bit by rubbing them on sandpaper lightly it helps break open the shell a little. Some people line a matchbox with sandpaper and then shake the seeds inside to scuff them. Perhaps if I had done that some may have sprouted. Who knows?
Been doing that with the sand paper. Those teeny ones rarely pop. I even had to dry them and resoak. Never had such a shitty batch in my life.

Hope all is well with you, Z!

Been doing that with the sand paper. Those teeny ones rarely pop. I even had to dry them and resoak. Never had such a shitty batch in my life.

Hope all is well with you, Z!
Yes, thanks Scotty I'm doing well, and I hope you don't stay too bummed out with the shit experience you had. I'm just waiting for the spring to plant outdoors laying low and dreaming of planting my United Nations pure sativa poly-hybrid (contains genes from Egypt, Himalayas, Malawi, Mexico Reunion Island and Thailand.) One pheno seems to have worked well for being early, and is quite potent. But at the same time I need to move on and try something else to keep me motivated on the cannabis breeding front. The Mountain Gold from Vermontman I grew last summer has a super clean, bright high not as potent as the United Nations, but I don't seem to get confused or effed up when socializing and conversing with people who don't know how high I am ) so maybe I'll do some breeding with that. Also, I have some BAM (Black African Magic) seeds I'll try as well. I see many people do "S1s" , what does that mean? Is it a way to make feminized seeds, can someone tell me how to do that?

Selfing is forced inbreeding. The idea is to find a reg. female that is extremely resistant to herming and chemically forcing it to make pollen. Best to use the pollen on closely related plants and create fem seed. Repeating this makes S2. Depending on what you do it can also be an S1 outbreed. I've only played with it and found out it gets muddy with unrelated plants or if you go to far. So much to try now adays last thing I need is more. My S2 and romaine, they where growing so good that I figured I'd go brain dead and make them even better and burn them with foliar feeding. Live and learn.:)

20240223_080515.jpg

can someone tell me how to do that?

Easiest way to try is using asprin. 1/2 to 1 asprin disolved in a gallon of distilled hot water. Acetysalicylic Acid will work. Go for it!
Wow you can use aspirin as well! so take me through the process a bit. You make a spray with half an aspirin and 4 litres of water and you spray it on a few bud sites? When would you do this and how many times do you spray it? And you've had success with this?

Wow you can use aspirin as well! so take me through the process a bit. You make a spray with half and aspirin and 4 litres of water and you spray it on a few bud sites? When would you do this and how many times do you spray it? And you've had success with this?
Aspirin's known to be an aid in rooting. Never heard of if for reversing a female plant. :hmmmm:

I first heard about using asprin from Ch9 Female Seeds, that was 20 + years ago. I don't think they exist anymore. STS is so available today and best. Problem with asprin is having to spray the plant way to much. My go to is using collodial silver at 50 ppm mainly because I have a silver generator. Best done indoors and when you flip the plants into flower. Once a day with collodial silver and near steady with asprin for 2 weeks.

you can use gibberellic acid too but I didn't link that one.
seems hit or miss and the plants may stretch themselves to death.
i bought some CS that's 500ppm a while back. assuming it's real...
been meaning to dilute it and give it a go some day.
STS has the best success rates apparently. Need to make it yourself though otherwise you'll get gouged.

My partner has ran into some germination issues so decide to do 2 extra seeds. Used the trusted scarification, some H2O2, and top of amplifier method.
20240221_081637.jpg

Did a purple punch f1 and bc original Blueberry.
20240226_170716.jpg

So 12 strains to make clones

We are very sorry to hear this. For the record, Crop King hasn't been a sponsor here in a long time, so there's most likely no discount for being a member here. I know this doesn't help now, but in the future if you purchase from our current sponsors, we can intervene and get involved :goodluck:
is crop king and rocket seed same company?
seems like they are buying up all the smaller seed banks like @BCBD

I've got my fingers crossed on a tiny little seed and had to crack it just to get a root tip. One seed company I was looking at sells a 5 pack and throws in 2 seeds. Kind a takes the sting out of planting 10 spot. Cold here, I need my hatchet for chopping Pro Mix. Right after legalization buddy at the local bait and tackle shop had the whole Rocket line for sale, on the rack. Police didn't care and he sold out in 6 days.:thumb:

I've just restarted my Cafe Racers that my ladies gave me 2 summers ago. Got 14 in all. Soaked 3, tapped 2. Doing the same now in hopes for four un-sexed plants. Will grow for a month, clone and label each, then foce the moms into flower and hope for 2 females.

I still have a shit-load of that doubled order of indica auto's but need to build up on my Sativa. :thumb:

Tally-HO!

Back
Top Bottom