Canadian Growers Group & Friends

I wasted (meaning research) time on Youtube this morning and discovered a great site for a Landrace cannabis grower. If you ever wondered what oldtime landraces are like there's a guy in California who grows so many I'm drooling just thinking about it. In one video he displays what some different African landraces look and smell like and talks about how psychedelic they are. He grow so many types from around the globe. Such a genetic world treasure! I wish we had the climate here to grow what he does.

(You must be logged in to youtube adult access to see them.)
I follow him on Instagram he has some amazing landrace genetics a lot of the hard to find ones too!

Nice 100 find! I finally got my account back in order thanks to the 420 staff. I'm starting a grow up here this weekend/next week so I'll be swinging by here to share and see other people's grows

Nice 100 find! I finally got my account back in order thanks to the 420 staff. I'm starting a grow up here this weekend/next week so I'll be swinging by here to share and see other people's grows

alright bro look forward to seeing some pictures

My shed is small and by the time I spend some time and have a dab or two the co2 can get up fast this time of year. I really have to watch the levels but my plants love it. The putnia is a volunteer and has a really neat running and mounding habit.

20231126_085320.jpg

Two are REAL smelly afghani, other ones are white label mystery seed. Co2 is most likely making the leaf extra big. Vertical farming technique keeps temps down for a while when lights come on. It promotes a shorter and branchier plant. I most likely have some of that on the go also. Other than that I don't have a clue.:laugh:

My shed is small and by the time I spend some time and have a dab or two the co2 can get up fast this time of year. I really have to watch the levels but my plants love it. The putnia is a volunteer and has a really neat running and mounding habit.

20231126_085320.jpg

Nice looking green plants.. Might point out to the other growers out here..

that putting your house plants in the marijuana grow tent is a REALLY BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING THE SPIDER MITES AND OTHER CRITTERS... put some African violets in there :)

i know from experience trust me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm quadlining two autos at the moment; a banana popped 24/10 and a week later a cali bubba popped 01/11 .
The latter gave me quite a suprise as you shall see.
Banana:
IMG_20231126_banana.jpg

The bottom nodes (third) have caught up to the forth nicely.

Cut the first 2 nodes on the cali-bubba and look what I have:
IMG_20231126_cali.jpg

A QUINTUPLINE :yahoo: :. Should be interesing LST challenge to allow the lower branches enough light. Will have to let it grow a little first.

Cheers!

Nice looking green plants.. Might point out to the other growers out here..

that putting your house plants in the marijuana grow tent is a REALLY BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING THE SPIDER MITES AND OTHER CRITTERS... put some African violets in there :)

i know from experience trust me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't THAT an African violet? If so, is that the worst or best for cannabis?

Sounded like NY got their shit right or certainly better than here.
I mean pretty sure they have a separate plant count for veg and bloom, which makes a lot more sense.
What's the penalty anyway? Plant count is a bad metric. People are just growing bigger plants because of it lol.

I really can grow enough with four plants but I'd like to experiment with different varieties and keep mother plants and just grow smaller plants... The whole situation is limiting and does a disservice as far as protecting the diversity of the plant. We're supposed to only buy seeds through OCS here and they have a handful of strains no one has ever heard of as your only options.

Anyway I said this all before, it just feels like some of the stupidity is because they'd rather you buy it than grow your own so they make home growing more bullshit than it should be. And with the costs being so low from 'craft growers' or the reserve I'm really considering just not growing anymore. And the gov gets stiffed cuz they still don't get taxes that way.

Possession of more than four cannabis plants that are not budding or flowering. With indictable offences, the maximum sentence is a prison term for up to five years less a day. With summary convictions, a fine not exceeding $5,000, or imprisonment not exceeding six months, or both. For youths, it can be either an indictable or summary conviction offence, dealt with under the YCJA.

Same with seeds at the NSLC, 8 choices from 34 st. 2 from Dutch Passion and 2 from Humbohlt. Same old stock. I asked if this was going to improve but my query was unanswered ........... 3 times. If I got one I'm quite sure it would be the standard lip service. All those lovely souvenirs out there that I can't legally grow. Draconian for seed of any type. Dutch and Humbohlt have to have their seed made by a licensed Canadian producer. On a good note I make 300 to 800 $$$ every spring planting and selling petunia starter plants. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom