Canadian new guy (need some help)

captainhowdy

Hey guys! I'm a first time grower up in Canada, I could use some help getting my grow going. There is a picture on my profile of my baby with a brief description of where I'm at. Thanks in advance.

p521481-first-grow-bc-purp-help-needed-21.html

-Stay High

Hello everyone, I too am a first time grower, but I am from the Detroit area. I have been a user of marijuana for years, as a over the road trucker, and when they started the drug testing I stopped until after I retired from driving. I had always wanted to grow my own but because if my lifestyle I couldn't, until now. Hydroponics is the way I chose to go, I was told it was harder to do it this way but the product would be a better smoke. I bough a grow box that would me to grow just the 6 plaints that the state law allowed me to grow at one time. getting the seeds was the hardest part, my first time I was able to get 4 of the 6 to grow. I was surprised to see how easy it was to grow the first crop, and how fast it was. now I am looking forward to then next grows.

I just looked and it seems healthy sir. If you are wondering where to go from here, ther are alot of variables to consider.
Are you ready to start growin buds? (plants double or triple during flower)
Do you have a grow box or tent?
Do you have any nutriants to use?
What is your soil mix? Etc, etc.
I suggest starting a grow journal to document your grow and get many, more experienced growers to help you through your grow. Heres a link to get you started.
How To Start A Grow Journal
This will show you the information growers need to help diagnose any issue. :goodluck: :)

I just looked and it seems healthy sir. If you are wondering where to go from here, ther are alot of variables to consider.
Are you ready to start growin buds? (plants double or triple during flower)
Do you have a grow box or tent?
Do you have any nutriants to use?
What is your soil mix? Etc, etc.
I suggest starting a grow journal to document your grow and get many, more experienced growers to help you through your grow. Heres a link to get you started.
How To Start A Grow Journal
This will show you the information growers need to help diagnose any issue. :goodluck: :)

Thank you Spimp, I am using an organic canadian sphagnum pete moss potting soil w perlite, forest compost and controlled release fertilizer. I havent done this before. I have a bunch of flourescent twisty bulbs/ fixtures and have found some pretty good knowledge on making a grow box. I just cant find anything on exactly when to put them into it/switch up the light cycle to 12/12?... also i have heard that if i put it into flowering then take it out of flowering it would make a better (Mom) by forcing her to grow more (branches) (I'm pretty sure its female thanks to a great thread on here on sexing seedlings) from which i could grow clones? so i guess i want some suggestions on wether to make a mother of the b!tch or just let her bud...

I vote let her bud. Dont go jumping off the high dive befoe you can wade sir. :)
You can flip her to flower whenever you want by going 12-12 on lighting. But MJ doubles or triples in size often during flower. So when she is less than halfway where you want her to finish, flip her. :)

Yes. I vegged a photo plant for 10 days and tossed her into the box. The best yiled will obviously come if you let her get to be 8 foot tall then flower, but thats not feasible I asume. Its all about your hieght and space restrictions. The more mature she is, the less she has to do to get to budding. But the longer until you get buds.
Nute are additives. If you have good soil and she looks ok, dont stress nutes. But once she starts flowering she is gonna be sucking stuff up outta her leaves so you will see some yellowing. You have control release fetilizer so nutes should not be needed yet if at all.
These are general answers. To be more specific we need info. Start ajournal. Im sue you will enjoy it sir. :)

Back
Top Bottom