CaptainHowdy's First Grow BC Purp

captainhowdy

HELLO EVERYONE! The awesome community here at 420 magazine has inspired me to start my grow journal . This is my first ever grow, consisting of one plant I currently have it under these conditions...

I am using an organic Canadian sphagnum pete moss potting soil with perlite, forest compost and controlled release fertilizer. I have 5 twisty florescent bulbs on my baby 16-8 and I only give her distilled water.
What strain is it?
B.C. Grown - BC Purp
Aka: Purple Kush
A serious resin factory with an earlier finishing time both indoors and outdoors, also mold resistance for outdoor crops. Produces bushy plants heavy with resin, very tasty. Purple Kush originated in the great northwest and the growers here in BC have taken it under their wing and perfected this very high quality strain. 15-20% THC

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?..... What percentages? MOSTLY INDICA
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?..... IN VEG STAGE
If in Veg... For how long? ..... 40 DAYS(ISH)
Indoor or outdoor? ..... INDOOR
Soil or Hydro? ..... SOIL
If soil... what is in your mix? ..... CANADIAN SPHAGNUM PETE MOSS SOIL W PERLITE, FOREST COMPOST+CONTROLLED RELEASE FERTS
If soil... What size pot? ..... 6L(ISH)
Size of light?..... 5 COMPACT FLORESCENT LIGHTING BULBS (CFL)
Is it aircooled? ..... JUST A CEILING FAN AND OPEN (SCREENED) WINDOW
Temp of Room/cab?..... ?
RH of Room/cab? ..... ?
PH of media or res?..... ?
Any Pests ? ..... JUST THE NEIGHBORS
How often are you watering?..... WHEN THE TOP SOIL IS DRY/ EVERY 3-5 DAYS LATELY
Type and strength of ferts used? ..... JUST THE TIME RELEASE THAT WAS IN THE SOIL SO FAR
:roorrip::rollit::roorrip::rollit::roorrip::rollit::roorrip::rollit::roorrip::rollit::roorrip::rollit::roorrip::rollit::roorrip::rollit:

IMG_20130708_212802_1_.jpg

What strain is it?
B.C. Grown - BC Purp
Aka: Purple Kush
A serious resin factory with an earlier finishing time both indoors and outdoors, also mold resistance for outdoor crops. Produces bushy plants heavy with resin, very tasty. Purple Kush originated in the great northwest and the growers here in BC have taken it under their wing and perfected this very high quality strain. 15-20% THC

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?..... What percentages? MOSTLY INDICA
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?..... IN VEG STAGE
If in Veg... For how long? ..... 40 DAYS(ISH)
Indoor or outdoor? ..... INDOOR
Soil or Hydro? ..... SOIL
If soil... what is in your mix? ..... CANADIAN SPHAGNUM PETE MOSS SOIL W PERLITE, FOREST COMPOST+CONTROLLED RELEASE FERTS
If soil... What size pot? ..... 6L(ISH)
Size of light?..... 5 COMPACT FLORESCENT LIGHTING BULBS (CFL)
Is it aircooled? ..... JUST A CEILING FAN AND OPEN (SCREENED) WINDOW
Temp of Room/cab?..... ?
RH of Room/cab? ..... ?
PH of media or res?..... ?
Any Pests ? ..... JUST THE NEIGHBORS ;)
How often are you watering?..... WHEN THE TOP SOIL IS DRY/ EVERY 3-5 DAYS LATELY
Type and strength of ferts used? ..... JUST THE TIME RELEASE THAT WAS IN THE SOIL SO FAR

Did I act like a stoner and miss all that info in your first post? Sheesh, if so, sorry.

What are your plans for flowering? You have a nice big pot there, so you have maybe a month before it starts to get really big. Do you have a space picked out?

Is it a feminized seed?

Can't think of anything else right now. It looks good!

:thumb:

:goof: So... What now? Lol

Tha calvary will arrive in about a week. Takes a while for guys to notice new threads and chime in. Be patient sir. :):)
BTW, get rid of the foil. Its conductive (fire) and i can hotspot a plant (burn it). Also, its notreally that reflective. Flat white is much mor reflective. Oh and plants dont photo from bottom of leafs. :)

oh ya, sub'd. ;)

Did I act like a stoner and miss all that info in your first post? Sheesh, if so, sorry.

What are your plans for flowering? You have a nice big pot there, so you have maybe a month before it starts to get really big. Do you have a space picked out?

Is it a feminized seed?

Can't think of anything else right now. It looks good!

:thumb:

My flowering plans;

I am hoping to utilize a big closet I have in the room she's in now. I'll probably let her veg for another 30 days or so then she's going in... I haven't set it up yet but I will put a bunch of reflective materials and vent through a carbon filter out the top. I'll post pics later on. I haven't decided whether to purchase a better/different light source for flowering. i really need some guidance there. oh and obviously this is lower budget grow but i am not opposed to buying a new light or good nutes. I want whats best for her and appreciate any guidance from the Pros.
Thanks

As far as the seed goes...

It is not a feminized seed but i am 90% sure its female because of the (white hairs) on the nodes. its actually a bag seed from my friends bc purp plant. he says he yielded really good and he himself never found a seed in it before. I probably smoked about a quarter pound of it and found just the one seed. i germinated it and planted it and here we are :) the plant it came from were from seeds ordered online, bc purp seeds. I really enjoyed the smoke and almost jokingly germinated and planted but I am really pleased with my result so far and wish to pursue some delicious nugs.

Tha calvary will arrive in about a week. Takes a while for guys to notice new threads and chime in. Be patient sir. :):)
BTW, get rid of the foil. Its conductive (fire) and i can hotspot a plant (burn it). Also, its notreally that reflective. Flat white is much mor reflective. Oh and plants dont photo from bottom of leafs. :)

oh ya, sub'd. ;)

Spimp, you're the man. :adore:
Ditching the foil... :thanks:

Thanks. I am not the man, but I try to help. :):) Im gonna give you some advice... If you want some traffic here, put the grow link in your 'signature'. That way if you comment on another guys thread about how awesome his plants are, they can just click the link to get here. Click your USER CP heading and you can modify your pic and all that stuff. :peace:

Thanks. I am not the man, but I try to help. :):) Im gonna give you some advice... If you want some traffic here, put the grow link in your 'signature'. That way if you comment on another guys thread about how awesome his plants are, they can just click the link to get here. Click your USER CP heading and you can modify your pic and all that stuff. :peace:

That is how I found it :)

Sub'd

Ya shes fine. Those ovals are cotyledon's. The are part of the embryo and provide nutrition to te seedling. Some stick arond for along time, others wither and fall as soon as the pl;ant has enough true leaves to support itself. Sometimes they almost peal off with the outer bark ofthe stem as it grows.
Your all good brother. ;)

Back
Top Bottom