Canaries and cannabis - organic pest control tip.

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
I have recently been visiting a friend of mine who has a greenhouse grow. He's been having an awful lot of problems with aphids, and was looking for innovative ways to avoid using chemicals.
I have a canary at home, and I regularly go out and pick tips of new growth on garden plants, covered in aphids, and feed it to him. He jumps right on them and scoffs them down like they were grapes.
Anway, sitting there, very high, I figured I would take my canary to my mates house and let the bird loose in the greenhouse. Just to see if the bird would do anything helpful. Well, Bud, that's my canaries name, he flitters off, sees his first aphid and it was a massacre from then on.
We left Bud in the greenhouse for a whole day and checked what had happened to the aphids. I kid you not, but you could only see a very few. Bud had had a feast.
I plan on taking my feathered mate around tomorrow to finish those suckers off.
It'a amazing what stoners think of when they are blazed. Who would have guessed that canaries were good for bio-pest control lol.

That's cool. Bud now has another purpose in life. Any chance he'll become an omnivore / herbivore?

Back
Top Bottom