Cannabis Dosing: Delivery Methods & Dosing Guidelines

Anything's possible, given the individuality of human response to cannabis, but my gut reaction is that she hasn't found the right cannabis. Is she looking for relief from depression or to get high? Has she tried any of the CBD strains that are a 1:1 ratio? Turns out that 1:1 ratio can pack a nice buzz in there. Common practice is THC for depression and CBD for anxiety, but my daughter gets relief from both with a 1:1 CBD Critical Cure.

What strains has she tried smoking or vaping? Has she tried edibles? Using lecithin and coconut oil help edibles hit much faster than the standard 90 minute wait.
She's tried smoking and vaping, but she can't continue due to asthma. She made our first edibles, Jack Herer chocolate kisses. Same proccess as my caps but chocolate instead. One of those is enough for me but 3 of them had no effect.

She wants to try the high. Next week we will try the caps I made, with increasing doses each day.

DooM

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using 420

This is an amazing post that I really needed to see. thank you.

I'm glad it was helpful HeyWilbur. If there were any questions unanswered, please don't hesitate to post them. Before I wander off again let me take a moment to welcome you to our slice of virtual paradise. I hope you're finding everything to your liking. If there's anything I can do to help you settle in you have only to ask. I'm not hard to find, but you'll discover that everyone here is willing to stop and help.

Welcome to the family you didn't realize you had. Fair warning, we're a bit addictive. :laughtwo: You'll figure that out real soon. I look forward to running into you now and again and getting to know you better. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I disagree with the opinion of Sweetsuit (a member of this forum). From my experience, vaping is the most cost effective way to consume marijuana compare to smoking joints. Just few hits and you are done if you have a good strain.

I´ve smoked joints for 22 years until a I found a Vaporizer. Since then, I spend less money on marijuana, need less hits that a joint to get the desire effects, for going out is amazing as not produce olor at all. To go to the beach is great!, I had so much problem to smoke a joint on the beach for the wind. With a vaporizer, this problem is solved.

Also, its super discreet. I can go walking with my vaporizer and nobody look at me with a weird face. Not olor. This is not possible with a joint. ....The initial investment can be costly but in the long term, you safe money. How much do you spend in rolling papers, lighters per year? plus the marijuana.

And for travel, vape pens and portable vape pens can be packed easy in any backpack. Except the desktop vaporizers that are designed to use it at home.

For

I disagree with the opinion of Sweetsuit (a member of this forum). From my experience, vaping is the most cost effective way to consume marijuana compare to smoking joints. Just few hits and you are done if you have a good strain.

I´ve smoked joints for 22 years until a I found a Vaporizer. Since then, I spend less money on marijuana, need less hits that a joint to get the desire effects, for going out is amazing as not produce olor at all. To go to the beach is great!, I had so much problem to smoke a joint on the beach for the wind. With a vaporizer, this problem is solved.

Also, its super discreet. I can go walking with my vaporizer and nobody look at me with a weird face. Not olor. This is not possible with a joint. ....The initial investment can be costly but in the long term, you safe money. How much do you spend in rolling papers, lighters per year? plus the marijuana.

And for travel, vape pens and portable vape pens can be packed easy in any backpack. Except the desktop vaporizers that are designed to use it at home.

For

I don't see how we disagree. I don't recall ever saying that a joint was a better option than vaping, from a medicinal as well as efficiency standpoint. As an old stoner I have an affection for both the ambiance and the buzz one gets with a joint, but that's strictly for recreational use, and not my method of choice at all.

My preference would be pure concentrates and a good vape pen. Second to that would be a bong, I can count on two hands the number of joints I've smoked alone in my lifetime. Not an efficient method of consuming cannabis at all, and for most of my life an unaffordable luxury. Maybe that explains the romantic draw to the joint - if you can afford to smoke one it was a good week.

:laughtwo: lquintero22, I thought that said SweetSue. Lol! Sorry about that. I just reinforced your stance, didn't I?

I just got "Sweet talked" into re-posting this here... :)

I hope it helps!

OH's Law Of Cannabis Edible Potency
OH's Law Of Cannabis Edible Potency - People have been asking me quite a bit lately "How the ^%#@! do I figure out the potency of home-made capsules or edibles?" So I thought I'd sit down (after one of my own capsules kicked in) and write it up once and for all.
Yes, the title is a play on "Ohm's Law", and just like Ohm's Law, the real power is in knowing which form of the formula to use. So I've written up some examples. And even though I think I have a good handle on my ego, I still have enough of one that I'd like to get credit for working this out. So here you go, world.
G = grams of cannabis
P = potency in milligrams of THC
S = strength of cannabis in percent
N = number of servings
For the S factor, you simply read the strength off the label if it's legit stuff from a dispensary. Otherwise, assume 20% for top shelf/fire buds, 10% to 15% for mids/reggie, and 5% for schwag/brickweed.
For concentrates, assume 30% for kief, 40% for hash, 60% for hash oil, 80% for shatter.
What Potency Will My Edibles Be? What potency will my edibles be if I start with G grams of S strength and I want N servings?

latex.png
For instance, let's say you have an eighth ounce of Really Good Weed that's 20% THC and you want to make 16 brownies. How strong will each of them be?
An eighth ounce is 3.5 grams, so it's
10 * (3.5 * 20) / 16 = 700 / 16 = 43.75 mg each
Notice that the amount of oil, butter, alcohol, or whatever you use has nothing to do with the calculation! So if you're making enough cannabutter or canna-coconut oil for a batch of brownies, you use the amount your recipe calls for 16 brownies, and that's all there is to it.
Also, if you're trying to calculate CBD or any other cannabinoid, it's the same formula, you just have to know what the percentage of CBD is, which is always given as a percentage by weight.
How Many Servings Will I Get? How many servings will I get if I start with G grams of S strength and I want P potency?

latex.png
Example: You just bought a quarter ounce of mids and you're looking to make some fairly light capsules with 5 milligrams of THC each. How many can you make? A quarter ounce is 7 grams, and we can estimate that "mids" are about 10% THC, so:
10 * (7 * 10) / 5 = 700 / 5 = 140
You'd end up with 140 capsules. Now, to figure out how much coconut oil you'd need, let's say you'll be using #00 capsules, which hold 0.95 ml each. 140 * 0.95 = 133 ml, or just about 9 tablespoons.
How Many Grams of Cannabis Will I Need? How many grams of cannabis will you need to make N servings of P potency, if the cannabis is S strength?

latex.png
Example: you want to make 24 brownies with a solid 75 mg THC in each, but all you have is schwag. How much of this schwag are you going to have to stuff into your butter?
Let's be generous and say schwag is 5% THC, so:
24 * 75 / 10 * 5 = 1800 / 50 = 36 grams, or enough to get you in real trouble in most states where you are limited to buying schwag.
And, just to be complete:

latex.png
This form tells you "how strong of a strain do I need if I am starting with G grams and want N servings of P potency each?" Not generally useful or practical, but there you go.
Credit Where Credit Is Due Please credit "Old Hippie of BeyondChronic.com", and link to this article instead of republishing it as your own work!

:Namaste:

Thank you K. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Not sure if this is an appropriate spot for this, So. I hate to do this here, but Sue/anyone if you were thinking of making a Canna treatment for a cat with hyperThyroid. how would you proceed ? I have seen a dermal treatment through the ears but was thinking a small amount of oil in food might be easiest.
I am loosing my mind a bit here. going to a internist for the cat in about 15 min, out in to the heat wave.
My baby boy is fine until he has a seizure. I read, the thyroid pumps up and over works the kidneys which in turn results in an out of balance system and he has seizures. From what I read a little CBD might calm the system down, I cannot have the little fella in pain. I have looked through the pet section on -420- I am gonna look around some more later today.
So i thinking ultra micro doses.
:ciao:

According to Rick Simpson over at Phoenix Tears, start out with micro doses in his food twice a day, twelve hours apart. He's talking specifically about healing cancer, but it's applicable across the board. Start slow and gradually increase.

"Dogs love to take the oil, but often cats can be somewhat indifferent so you may encounter some problems in getting the oil into the cat, so I would just try to mix a small amount of oil in with their food. Animals heal very quickly when compared to humans and since the oil presents no danger, there is no need to worry about the oil harming your cat, even if you were to give the animal far too much. I would start the cat off by giving it two doses a day twelve hours apart and I would give the cat about a half a drop per dose, then after four days at this dosage it can be raised to one drop per dose. I think you will find that your cat will respond very quickly to this treatment and don't be concerned if the animal sleeps a great deal, for this is the effect the oil is supposed to cause. It usually takes only a small amount of oil to heal a cat and once the animal has ingested one or two grams, I think you will witness quite a dramatic improvement in the animals overall health."

Good luck keltic. Everything I read about treating pets is positive. Animals respond even faster than humans. :circle-of-love:

Hey All just a quick ( or not so quick) update on my cat and the coconut oil.

So , I started off with a drop of the coconut infused oil from the tine of a fork on 2 or 3 pieces of his crunchy food. he responded well but we could not tell if it was his Vet prescribed medicine of the cannaOil. after 2 week he was getting wise to the oil on the crunchy food and stopped eating it. Not so long (days or a week) later he had a siezure and seemed to be going backwards with signs of hyper thyroid.
These seizures are scary.
Ok Not good.
We had to figure a new way to get it into him. So My MrsKB was willing to try some more methods. Right so. Now it is going into his Tuna treat. He is gobbling it up. We have increased it to a drop from a drip of a spoon and this week 2 drops a day.
So far he is better in attitude and manner now that we are back on the plan.
One big advantage to the tuna is he eats it right away, gobble gobble.

Going to make fresh trim and frozen trim oil at the end of the month. :peace:

Hey All just a quick ( or not so quick) update on my cat and the coconut oil.

So , I started off with a drop of the coconut infused oil from the tine of a fork on 2 or 3 pieces of his crunchy food. he responded well but we could not tell if it was his Vet prescribed medicine of the cannaOil. after 2 week he was getting wise to the oil on the crunchy food and stopped eating it. Not so long (days or a week) later he had a siezure and seemed to be going backwards with signs of hyper thyroid.
These seizures are scary.
Ok Not good.
We had to figure a new way to get it into him. So My MrsKB was willing to try some more methods. Right so. Now it is going into his Tuna treat. He is gobbling it up. We have increased it to a drop from a drip of a spoon and this week 2 drops a day.
So far he is better in attitude and manner now that we are back on the plan.
One big advantage to the tuna is he eats it right away, gobble gobble.

Going to make fresh trim and frozen trim oil at the end of the month. :peace:

:woohoo: I'm so thrilled to hear this keltic.

Back to report my boy Is doing aw-right. He is stressed cause we just drove some half way down the coast to a place he had never been. But he is still getting his oil in his tuna. My wife is convinced I saved/extended his life. I know he is more comfortable and still a tremendous fighter at heart. His comfort is truly improved. Here he is with my girl when they were much younger. He is on the left with the blue eyes. (Hearts)
image17950.jpeg

Back to report my boy Is doing aw-right. He is stressed cause we just drove some half way down the coast to a place he had never been. But he is still getting his oil in his tuna. My wife is convinced I saved/extended his life. I know he is more comfortable and still a tremendous fighter at heart. His comfort is truly improved. Here he is with my girl when they were much younger. He is on the left with the blue eyes. (Hearts)
image17950.jpeg

Thank you for the update keltic. I'm thrilled your baby's doing better. What a marvelous plant, eh? How much do you estimate you've been feeding him, and how often are you dosing?

Hi, Susan!! Such great information already. Thank you so much!!!! I am such a newbie that EVERYTHING is new. Every single thing. So fascinating.

Hi, Susan!! Such great information already. Thank you so much!!!! I am such a newbie that EVERYTHING is new. Every single thing. So fascinating.

Don't let yourself get frustrated Sara. Ask any questions, at any time. There're many brilliant minds roaming these halls, ready and willing to help you make sense of it all. I assure you, in time you'll be much more comfortable.

About a pound or two of mostly Platnium Girl Scout Cookies leaves and tops, minus stems.

I first rinsed with very cold water, then soaked in soap, then rinsed again.
IMG_20161012_001855.jpg

Then I let them air dry just a little bit, not really enough to dry just to not be soaking, and put them in ziploc bags and compressed them.
IMG_20161012_180159.jpg

Now I can just reach in and snap off little chunks of compressed leaf. No telling how much, though I can definitely taste it which is saying something given my recipe...

1 cup tripple berry blend frozen berries
1 cup low fat raspberry flavored yogurt
1 cup 1% milk

That makes something like a 1 liter smoothie for me.

So, any thoughts on if this is a good way going about it? I had a little concern freezing the leaves while still moist, and you can see some frost in there already but I had to cull these plants and didn't want to waste the leaves. I have been making these smoothies as a nutritional supplement, so I'm kind of using these as my greens :p Sometimes I use a berry mix with kale in it too.

I mean, I'm sure it's doing me some good nutrition wise but do small doses like this have any medicinal value? I think I probably had only 1/4 cup of compressed frozen leaf in that above recipe. Not that there's any way to really relate how much THC that might have in it...

I read in the first page that 25 leaves is considered a good dose. I don't think I'm using that much, but I don't know, I didn't really count.

About a pound or two of mostly Platnium Girl Scout Cookies leaves and tops, minus stems.

I first rinsed with very cold water, then soaked in soap, then rinsed again.
IMG_20161012_001855.jpg

Then I let them air dry just a little bit, not really enough to dry just to not be soaking, and put them in ziploc bags and compressed them.
IMG_20161012_180159.jpg

Now I can just reach in and snap off little chunks of compressed leaf. No telling how much, though I can definitely taste it which is saying something given my recipe...

1 cup tripple berry blend frozen berries
1 cup low fat raspberry flavored yogurt
1 cup 1% milk

That makes something like a 1 liter smoothie for me.

So, any thoughts on if this is a good way going about it? I had a little concern freezing the leaves while still moist, and you can see some frost in there already but I had to cull these plants and didn't want to waste the leaves. I have been making these smoothies as a nutritional supplement, so I'm kind of using these as my greens :p Sometimes I use a berry mix with kale in it too.

I mean, I'm sure it's doing me some good nutrition wise but do small doses like this have any medicinal value? I think I probably had only 1/4 cup of compressed frozen leaf in that above recipe. Not that there's any way to really relate how much THC that might have in it...

I read in the first page that 25 leaves is considered a good dose. I don't think I'm using that much, but I don't know, I didn't really count.

Thank you so much for the recipe. Now I know what to do with my own leaves. I wash, toss them in the salad spinner and then lay them out to dry before I put them in the freezer. I get almost no frost on mine.

image18371.jpeg

Done like this they don't freeze together, so I can reach in and take out individual leaves.

I also label them. The Med GOM is a CBD strain at a 2:1 ratio.

image18372.jpeg

How can it not benefit you? If you're using it to treat a condition, then I'd suggest you figure out how much 25 average leaves weighs and use that as your standard. Otherwise, go for taste. Cannabis offers much in nutritional value beyond the cannabinoids and I'm coming to the opinion that we should be taking cannabis fresh, as in this smoothie, at any opportunity.

I have everything I need on hand. I'll have one in the morning. :battingeyelashes: :love:

+Reps for that TF.

Medical Morning Smoothie

Went out for my four-mile wake-up walk and decided to make the smoothie for breakfast instead of my potentiated oatmeal mix.

I began by gathering up the ingredients and grabbing the recipe.

image18385.jpeg

- 5.3 oz lemon meringue pie yogurt
- 5 oz whole milk
- about a half cup strawberries
- leaves from the Med GOM 1.0

I pulled the petioles and chopped them down to make it easier to get them finely chopped. This step was probably unnecessary. Everything went into the Kitchen Ninja and pulsed to perfection.

image18386.jpeg

image18387.jpeg

I ended up with a glass and a half. Delicious! It's about time I started ingesting raw leaves.

image18388.jpeg

It's cool to see all that color in there. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Now, my understanding is that cannabis leaves, consumed like this, can sometimes upset delicate stomachs. I believe this is why juicing is the preferred method of ingesting leaves. I have a strong stomach and a very healthy digestive system, enhanced by regular intake of kombucha and Greek yogurt. The older I get the more important gut health becomes. I don't feel any ill effects at all.

I think I'll make this a regular part of my diet. Maybe not every day, but certainly a few times a week.

Thank you again for the inspiration TF.

Yeah I have a very strong aversion to vegetables... I mean there's a better reason than just being picky but I'd rather not go into it. But yeah, doctor says I need more leafy greens... They're green leaves, not sure how much more I need :p I was making smoothies already to try to supplement my diet and read this thread and figured they could just go into smoothies, so yeah it's more like you inspired me haha

Made a new bunch for my boy cat. His is still getting 4 drops once a day on tuna. His activity level and general interactions are doing very good. he is acting like a cat. No problems with his thyroid and no siezures.
I have some CannaCompainon capsules as a back up, they are vet produced from washington state. they have a certificate of analysis showing high CBD. I hesitate to change anything without cause.
I did 36 hour cook with mostly trim and some bud cooked with cocount oil.
The strain is my CannaBioGen Auto cross Ace seeds Orient Express. I think the plant pheno was mostly orient express. To me i would even go as far and say she smells like the description of China Yunnan from ace seeds, creamy woody spice. Maybe I am seeing/smelling what I want to, a china yunnan pheno.
The first run oil was good and dark I cooked a second run as well. that oil came out much more golden in color.
Here i have a picture of the first run oil after cooking 36 hours. Still on the pyrex dish and just before filtering.
i dunno where my other piccys are?:hmmmm::hmmmm:
CIMG1541.jpg

Back
Top Bottom