Cannabis Plant Growing in Windowsill

PFlynn

A police officer in Mansfield spotted a cannabis plant openly growing on the windowsill of a man's home.

The officer was let in by Shane Haslam (25), who admitted he was cultivating the 18-inch plant at his home on Lord Street.

Nottingham Crown Court was told on Thursday that in a locked cupboard there were 28 packages of cannabis weighing 525 grams — of which 139 grams were cannabis resin.

Prosecutor Paul Stimson said Haslam frankly admitted the cannabis under the stairs was his and that he intended supplying it to people in Forest Town.

Haslam, who had no previous convictions, admitted he had already sold some for £20 on one occasion.

He admitted to possession of the drug with intent to supply last November.

In mitigation, Michael Evans said: "It was not professional and he made nothing out of it. He's a charming young man and is terrified of what will happen to him."

Haslam now had a job and a partner with two children, who has told him she will kick him out if he is involved with drugs again.

Judge Dudley Bennett said he originally had a prison term of more than a year in mind.

But the judge added: "The amateur nature of all this was shown by growing the cannabis plant in the window for all to see."

Sentencing was postponed for six months to see if Haslam can keep out of further trouble.

News Hawk: PFlynn - 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: www.chad.co.uk
Copyright: 2008 Johnston Press Digital Publishing
Contact: Contact Us - Mansfield Chad: News, Sport, Jobs, Property, Cars, Entertainments & More
Website: Cannabis plant growing in windowsill - Mansfield Chad

I can relate in my mind there is nothing wrong with growing what ever you want. It is hard to believe there are people that will come and put you in jail. I know how the man felt he felt free but forgot the nazi asholes that made the stupid rules!!

^ Me too.

Growing any other strain but lowrider in a windowsill isnt really worth the effort. If one was to do so, why wouldnt they keep it in their back windows so people from the street cant see. What he should of done was just put up a sign and a tent and charge people $4.20 each to view, if he wanted people to see it so bad.

^ thats my best guess. Cops are really tricky and manipulative. When I got in trouble they def. used the scare tactic to try and get what they want. For the most part, (or at least it seems like this to me) when a cop says "tell me this-n-that and you will be better off," thats a lie. Cops are there to gather the information they will need in order to prosecute people. So, at least in my experience, helpin them out, doesn't really help you out...

Been There Done That. I had to cop once to intent to distribute to keep my Old Lady off the charges in NM. I got popped with 25 seedlings. Under their old law 'state now has medical' it was classed as a felony.

hahaha I thought that was kinda an unspoken rule...:rofl:

For real - you don't need a degree in quantum physics to to figure out that one! :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom