Canno's First Attempt At L.O.S Paired With A Thirst For Knowledge

Where you live is a time of the year when ater a rain, you can go out at night with a flashlight and catch night crawlers. Well not sure about right where you are,,, but was when I lived in Chicago. I use to go catch 40-50 of them a night and started my own worm spot out back. Kindof walled a spot with some tin, filled it with decent soil keep it moist and feed them oatmeal and coffee grounds and they stayed and wood've made some great soil to use in a mix. But these was for fishbait. But them worm farms they have make it easy. Worm juice on tap,, off the bottom tray......... GL and Keepem Green

Did a little defoliating......
420-magazine-mobile684010194.jpg

Even though the babies I have at the moment aren't in my soil I stopped giving them chemicals and started feeding teas....this one is a lil worm poop,high phos bat poop, molasses and alfalfa meal.

I know it says on the box alfafa meal is not water soluble but will the brewing process help to break it down faster for the plant or am I wasting my time with the alfalfa? I need to go grab a few things for teas

High Canno,

I have read through your journal and see you have done alot of reading journals. I was glad to see you put gypsum in the mix, and would've added some calcium carbonate. I've been reading Doc Bud's journals and liked what I saw. He uses alot of calcium.

I stopped by because my interest in growing is in living soil. Fascinates me so, and I am old now, so I have plenty of time to read journals.
I'm hoping to learn more.

Nice looking harvest. Congrats to you. Subbed

I was using the drops for checking ph because my pen broke. I just bought a cheap Milwaukee ph600 and when I checked my runoff pH was coming out at 7.2 so I adjusted until my runoff is in the 6.2-6.5 range. I did notice on one of the girls the leafs looked a lighter shade of green then normal...(almost like N deficient)...

Will high ph cause yellowing?

Back
Top Bottom