Can't get things back to normal! Please help

Peterpangreen

Growing Silver haze in lightmix soil with plagron nutes.
Went on a short holiday of 4 days and came back all plants were hanging and yellow.
Gave them some water and they bounced back but never recovered how they should.
They're in week 7 of flower..
Any ideas what this issue could be, some plants still keep hanging and yellowing..
IMG_20201016_063330.jpg
IMG_20201016_063229.jpg
IMG_20201016_063217.jpg
IMG_20201016_063212.jpg
IMG_20201016_063158.jpg
IMG_20201016_063150.jpg
IMG_20201016_063135.jpg

starvation if they were feeding heavy before. Inhad similar from the L.o.s running out of nutes. had to start adding Megacrop and now bouncing back in week 6 flower. leaves have greened up again now thankfully. maybe a few extra feeds or a tonic line super thrive or a compost tea with N. fingers crossed for you buddy. was only thinking of you a few day's ago too.

Looks like a salt lockout... what a nice garden by the way! Give them all a good 3x flush (I don't even want to think about how much work that is going to be) finishing up with a heavy feed of what should be a finishing mix of your nutes for this week of the grow.
have seen some great grows from Peters garden Emilya.

Flushing again?? OMG.

The plants are going thru senescence. You went away and the plants decided to get nutrients that are stored in the fan leave to build flowers. Completely normal and if my plants dont look like that week 7 something went wrong. But gladly, it never goes wrong this always happens.

Take a look out the window at your trees. Hurry up they are having a salt lockout better go run your hose at the base of ALL the trees in the woods.

Flush = bro-science.

Cant we please find some other REAL solutions to some non-real problems.

Water your plants more. They are drooping. I can see it from here.

Flushing again?? OMG.

The plants are going thru senescence. You went away and the plants decided to get nutrients that are stored in the fan leave to build flowers. Completely normal and if my plants dont look like that week 7 something went wrong. But gladly, it never goes wrong this always happens.

Take a look out the window at your trees. Hurry up they are having a salt lockout better go run your hose at the base of ALL the trees in the woods.

Flush = bro-science.

He just watered... and they are not using the water... still drooping. Flushing is NOT bro-science, salt lockouts are real, especially near this time of the grow.

Your arguments comparing a closed container grow to something that happens outdoors in the soil are not valid. In a CLOSED container, salt can and does build up, until you get to the point we are at now. Senescence... a fancy word for "I don't know what caused it, but I am going to call it natural aging."

starvation if they were feeding heavy before. Inhad similar from the L.o.s running out of nutes. had to start adding Megacrop and now bouncing back in week 6 flower. leaves have greened up again now thankfully. maybe a few extra feeds or a tonic line super thrive or a compost tea with N. fingers crossed for you buddy. was only thinking of you a few day's ago too.
Hey mate! Long time.. how are you, sorry for that but was a bit messed up after they broke into my house and took all of my electronics :(
So I wasn't in the mood to do a growjournal, will be doing the next run and be more active on here again.
Maybe flush them with superthrive?

Looks like a salt lockout... what a nice garden by the way! Give them all a good 3x flush (I don't even want to think about how much work that is going to be) finishing up with a heavy feed of what should be a finishing mix of your nutes for this week of the grow.
Thanks for your quick reply, might be true what you're saying.. pots are still heavy so not taking up the water.. would it be best to let them dry out and then flush them 3 times.
How do you suggest to flush them? Just add a liter of pH'd water to each pot 3 times? Maybe only some superthrive..
It's a sativa dominant Silver haze and was feeding them 1.4 to 1.5 EC before. pH steady on 6.3 as you suggested before.

Flushing again?? OMG.

Flush = bro-science.

As @Emilya mentioned, there's enough water in the pots.. only that the plant take up the water/nutes way too slow on some reason I don't know.

Yes it is.
So plants grow differently in a container vs in the ground??

Thats not even possible and a bad argument.

Plants grow in the ground in a container in the house in a garage they grow the same where ever and how ever you grow them.

Abiotic stress = soil salinity, drought, extreme temps

And the science:

" The root and shoot microbiomes presumably include many beneficial bacteria and fungi that help plants resist stress. Understanding how bacteria and fungi enhance plant stress resistance should increase our ability to use these beneficial organisms and should also increase our understanding of stress resistance in plants."

Pretty positive "flushing" the soil will degrade the fungi and bacteria which in turn will degrade the ability of the plant to respond positively to abiotic stress.

Flushing = bro science.

Thanks for your quick reply, might be true what you're saying.. pots are still heavy so not taking up the water.. would it be best to let them dry out and then flush them 3 times.
How do you suggest to flush them? Just add a liter of pH'd water to each pot 3 times? Maybe only some superthrive..
It's a sativa dominant Silver haze and was feeding them 1.4 to 1.5 EC before. pH steady on 6.3 as you suggested before.
You don't have to ph the water while doing the flush since there are no nutes to adjust for. Just pour 3x the container size of tap water through it, and the salt will dissolve and stop restricting the uptake of water and nutes. Its not watering three times... it is washing out the soil with 3x the container size of water... just once. Flushing is not the correct term for giving only water. Flushing is synonymous with Washing.

Also, dont use superthrive in bloom without extreme caution... I have seen it destroy entire gardens.... it is great stuff in veg, but can be poison in bloom. Be careful. Experiment always before committing an entire room to something.

Right now your plants are in distress. Waiting for them to finally use the water is not a viable option. Flush now, get rid of the salt buildup, and you will see normal water usage from then on.

You don't have to ph the water while doing the flush since there are no nutes to adjust for. Just pour 3x the container size of tap water through it, and the salt will dissolve and stop restricting the uptake of water and nutes. Its not watering three times... it is washing out the soil with 3x the container size of water... just once. Flushing is not the correct term for giving only water. Flushing is synonymous with Washing.

Also, dont use superthrive in bloom without extreme caution... I have seen it destroy entire gardens.... it is great stuff in veg, but can be poison in bloom. Be careful. Experiment always before committing an entire room to something.

Right now your plants are in distress. Waiting for them to finally use the water is not a viable option. Flush now, get rid of the salt buildup, and you will see normal water usage from then on.
Thanks makes sense to me, I grow with 25 pots in a 5x5 growtent.. wondering how I will do a flush there.. or maybe take them out one by one in the shower and flush them

Thanks makes sense to me, I grow with 25 pots in a 5x5 growtent.. wondering how I will do a flush there.. or maybe take them out one by one in the shower and flush them
That's how I did it when I had to flush... and was one of the main driving forces to get me into organic growing so I never had to flush again. In a typical FoxFarm nutrient grow, a proper flush is called for at least 4 times during the grow. If you don't use synthetic nutes that leave EDTA salt sitting behind when the nutes become mobile in your soil, there is no reason to ever flush again. I will suggest looking into the organic feeding system that I now use, one of our sponsors, @GeoFlora Nutrients. It has turned out to be the easiest grow system I have ever used.

That's how I did it when I had to flush... and was one of the main driving forces to get me into organic growing so I never had to flush again. In a typical FoxFarm nutrient grow, a proper flush is called for at least 4 times during the grow. If you don't use synthetic nutes that leave EDTA salt sitting behind when the nutes become mobile in your soil, there is no reason to ever flush again. I will suggest looking into the organic feeding system that I now use, one of our sponsors, @GeoFlora Nutrients. It has turned out to be the easiest grow system I have ever used.
Thanks I will look it up! Never had this issue before.. but since they dried out for like 4 days when I was gone they're just messed up. But I can't understand what the salt buildup has to do with that issue that I had..

have you had end of season yellowing and die off in previous grows? Then you did in fact have this issue, you just powered through it. Forcing the plants to go dry just amplified the problem as the salt content of the remaining water skyrocketed within that container.
No never had that, "mostly" they were looking quite good to the end..
I'm thinking of flushing or just watering them with heavier nutes (1.8 EC) really tough..

Back
Top Bottom