CaptainFrost - Deep Purple Kush - Supersoil - SCROG - 250W CFL & HPS - Indoor #1

Re: CaptainFrost | Deep Purple Kush | Supersoil w/ SCROG | 250w CFL + HPS | Indoor #1

If you topdress with the neem, crab and kelp you build up an amazing pest deterrent, it gets better and more complex as time goes by. Adding BT is great for fighting off infestation.

Re: CaptainFrost | Deep Purple Kush | Supersoil w/ SCROG | 250w CFL + HPS | Indoor #1

I've had so many gnats they were blowing out my exhaust by the hundreds!
I got completely attacked by them, I was about to cry ...even after using bt but after two weeks I was down to about twenty gnats. It takes time, their life cycle you are battling. ..you said only two gnats, shit I always seem have ten gnats!

I was not always living soil lover. I started off using hempy bucket and maxi bloom! I just wanted better

I have some neem oil right now so I'll prob do a drench using it later. Again it's not that big of a deal right now just want to do it as a preventative measure. I check my plants once everyday and it seems like there is 1 gnat flying around.. No big deal cause I just smash em

a few gnats in an organic grow is not even close to a problem, its good to learn how to fight bugs organically ahead of time anyway in case something worse happens, and to prevent that. how'd you like the radio show?

@COorganics it's pretty good, definitely learned a lot. Also something I read on their website is something about "silica". It's like this supplement that strengthens the cell walls of the plant, making it difficult for bugs to penetrate. I'm gonna try it and see what happens

UPDATE 3 Weeks in Veg:

1. New growth - Top Leaves are getting bigger, top stems are thickening after topping, and new nodes developing.

2. Made a DIY CO2 generator and it's working well. Made with yeast, sugar, and water.

Photos

Growth:
image14789.jpg

image14788.jpg
image14787.jpg

CO2:
image14790.jpg

Is this a good distance to keep this light from my plants? 250 watt CFL:
image14786.jpg

You said you cool with criticism?
then your co2 is a joke, and generally co2 is a joke!
It's like another one of those canna myths. ...like bat guano is so good but yet only cannabis growers use it like it's some sort of hippy secret.

What is ...this? I'd keep a 250 CFL 8 to 16 inches from canopy. Keep eye on new growth, let the plant guide you

Your topping was a success and the tight internodes are a good sign that you're using your CFL correctly!
Cheers bro

Yo bro, another advice shout out!
Ditch that computer fan set up.
Get a oscillating tower, without lights a cheap one.
Or a vernado one that circulates without oscillating.

You don't want a constant fan on Yo plant, you want a breeze to move air and build rigidity.

Yo bro, Left this part out.
Will adding co2 will improve your grow? This is only true under special conditions.
The reason experienced growers add co2 is that if all other environmental conditions are optimized, and generally you would want a sealed room.
I do know it's fun tinkering with stuff!

Ok so I just checked on my plants and the leaves are dark green now, plus I'm pretty sure I overwatered again "go figure" lol, and I think I have a nitrogen deficiency.

Will try to post some pics later!

This grow is just a learning experience for me on how to grow a cannabis plant so I really don't mind all the mistakes haha. My philosophy is that it's better to make mistakes now so that I can prevent them from happening again in the future

UPDATE 4 Weeks in Veg:

1. Growth is slow to moderate, not bad but I think it could be doing better. The cause of the stunted growth is most likely overwatering, low nitrogen. The DPK #1 loved the topping I did to her last week! :)
DPK #2 is doing fine too. Good new growth and healthy.

2. Again, I have a nitrogen deficiency and i'm working on a solution. Will top dress with some bat guano [High in (N)-P-K] and maybe some EWC. Not bad but I can see it becoming a really big problem later.

3. Put my filter and fan up. Not gonna be using the filter until late veg though since they don't smell at all right now.

Photos

Growth:
IMG_101821.JPG

IMG_102122.JPG
IMG_102225.JPG

Yellowing [Only shows the tips because the full yellow leaves were so dead looking I just cut them off]:
IMG_102424.JPG
IMG_102325.JPG
IMG_102523.JPG

Gnatrol and Filter:
IMG_102621.JPG
IMG_102721.JPG

cap'n,
what soil amendments do you have handy that you could potentially use?

Back
Top Bottom